Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Black Desert bad ?

Comments

• blazeicerblazeicer Member UncommonPosts: 72
    SirBalin said:
    Basically there is no trade because they want to eliminate botters and gold sellers.  Then you have people that want everything given to them and they get upset because they have to work for it.  GG
    There is trading. It was demonstrated in the alpha version of the game. 
    DMKano said:
    Here's something to consider  (shows how absurd the no-player trade system is)

Lets  say a buddy of yours or SO decides they want to play Black Desert with you after you've been playing for a while already.

So you decide oh cool I want to give them some gear and money to help them out. ...

How do you do it?

You cant.

Yeah the only way is through Auction House and since the min/max pricing is enforced by the devs, you cant even do it there. 

Yes this is the actual system in Black Desert 
    There is trading... It was added in alpha
  • PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Another solo play no challenge MMO, nothing to see here, move along...
    has more to do endgame then this one............
    endgame, endgame, endgame ... You know I had it with reviewing game based on endgame.

How is THE Game ?

Not the point i will reach after 200 hours of playing.

How is 1 to 200 hour ? Fun ?
    interesting view point which I have never considered. However in defense of the "end-game" fokes like myself, when players refer to "endgame" I believe it's more of a what is there to do when I hit max level. I don't believe it has anything to do with how much "time" has been invested in a game. A person can invest 200 hours and still not hit max level. While there are hardcore speed Levelers that will reach max level by hour 15. So based on your "hour" logic It all depends on where you are in the game by hour "200". As opposed to what level you are. Either way the same question remains the same. "What is there to do once I hit max level?" Aka- the real question being asked when players ask about "endgame". Just my two cents tho.. Either way you bring up a good point about a game being fun based on the amount of hours that is put in. Thanks for the view point there 
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    The challenge lies in pvp, the main focus of this game is mass pvp and or guild versus guild.

dragon slaying hero's and solo player have almost no place here, wich is fantastic :)
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

I don't care what you haters have to say I am spending my money on it.   :)

• Desiderium2012Desiderium2012 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Mothanos said:
    The challenge lies in pvp, the main focus of this game is mass pvp and or guild versus guild.

dragon slaying hero's and solo player have almost no place here, wich is fantastic :)
    So, solo players have no place in the game .. besides the part where you have to solo the entire leveling up ?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited November 2015
    I am playing it and so far I dont see anything wrong with it. Its bad according to who?
    Mothanos said:

Ah so its only for mass pvp and gvg. There is your answer OP, crap game!
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Guys, guys. It comes down to, know one can wear the eve online pants, so just head on over to eve =), for meaningful pvp, player economy, and player interactions. The chat rooms are the funnest around also. 
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    ikcin said:

The PvE is single player, and PvP does not lead to PvE, so the PvP is pointless and 80% of the content is solo. It is like solo grind for level and gear, get the gear, make some PvP, gameover. The game is not so bad in comparison, it is just not better, except the graphics.

The year + ive seen you complain about this game on the different forums ive always wondered how little you actually played it game... my guess would be you got in at cb2 > went around PKing anything > next patch found out you got punished for PKing > quit and continued to still complain on forums a year later.

"PvP does not lead to PvE"... really? There is a lot of pve that goes into getting ready for sieges.. funds / defences / cannons for assault etc.

As PvE leads to PvP - few fighting over a grind spot can easily turn into a all night war between guilds... see an enemy guild heading to guild boss.. call in the troops to ruin there day etc.

The best thing this game does RIGHT is punish / put off people from random PKing.. ofc the gankers not going to like it. Tho you can still do so if you choose to, but you have to weight the risk involved. Much better system than the usual where the victim is the only one who loses. 
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    It sounds like to me they tried to make a MOBA, but added in pointless MMO stuff to a moba lol. 
     Here you go review of someone with hundreds of hours in it
    DMKano said:
    blazeicer said:
    DMKano said:
    Here's something to consider  (shows how absurd the no-player trade system is)

Lets  say a buddy of yours or SO decides they want to play Black Desert with you after you've been playing for a while already.

So you decide oh cool I want to give them some gear and money to help them out. ...

How do you do it?

You cant.

Yeah the only way is through Auction House and since the min/max pricing is enforced by the devs, you cant even do it there. 

Yes this is the actual system in Black Desert 
    There is trading... It was added in alpha

There is no direct player to player trading.... hello
    Yes there is.... Hi
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Housing on the KR black desert was instant open world, go to a town look for a place to set and claim it when you go to it pick your home and it spawn right there no loading time. But I didn't see anything if there was limited number one spawn point haves. I think they way they have it on the KR BD better hosing system then in arche age thats not so limit but I'm not to sure if NA BD going have any limits or so.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    From what I hear is this game is tanking where its already released because of lack of content when you get to top level. Only thing to do is PvP and its not even good PvP. No depth to why you are PvPing other then to get coin and the fun of PKs. Should have spent less time working on making foot prints in the mud and more time on end game content. I will wait for it to go F2P before I put time into it. 
  • stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Black Desert is bad because it's the 10000th WOW-Clone.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:
    You have to be careful about trusting the claims some people make on this forum about what features are in the game. Some people seem to have an agenda and have a tendency to skew the truth. 

For example I was told there is no player to player trade, then I saw a video with two players exchanging items, some people have painted the crafting system to be simplistic or "single-player", but when I investigated the actual system it looked extremely deep and interesting, they complain that the leveling is fast but fail to point out that the leveling is basically meant as a tutorial, etc.

I doubt the game will be perfect, but there seems to be a lot of half-truths floating around for some reason.

2 players on different accounts CAN'T trade items directly.

There is no player to player trade... how is this is a half truth????

Can you please show us this example of direct player to player trade (like you can do in most MMORPGS where you walk up to a player and exchange items or currency)

Again this does not exist in Black Desert period.

Sure: http://i.imgur.com/CwL7tlg.jpg
    stonylein said:
    Black Desert is bad because it's the 10000th WOW-Clone.
    Again a post with no meaning. Why is it a WoW clone? Combat is not the same. Classes are not trinity like in WoW. Graphics and art are not in the same class. PvP is nothing alike. So again, what are you talking about?
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Since WOW was the first MMO it is always going to be what people compare it to.
    Bellomo said:
    Since WOW was the first MMO it is always going to be what people compare it to.
    No it was not!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    From what I understand it was supposed to be an OWPVP game that took all the things Archeage did right and put in this beautiful package.

Instead they PVE'ed it, and the PVE is absolute trash compared to other games. It's a ridiculous grindfest.  If you notice all the trailers are single player. You rarely see people working together etc. I'm pretty sure they'll bait and switch into a P2W model eventually.

Korean games can be pretty much stereotyped as being pretty to look at, cool combat, but absolute shit everywhere else.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I feel like a lot of people are misinformed about this game.  People should have been watching live streams of alpha.  Here maybe I can help a few.

http://www.twitch.tv/bikeman/v/22577431

http://www.twitch.tv/t1gamingdn/v/22967526

or if you don't want to spend 5 hours watching a stream you can watch a few short video's.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BikestMan/search?query=Black+desert

Don't be fooled by what other people say,  BDO is a dam good game.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This is MMORPG.com and people were expecting BDO to be a damn good MMORPG which it absolutely is not. It's not even a good single player RPG and that's where the problem is for many people.

It's a pretty looking game with stripped down action combat.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    There are a lot of things about this game that ruin it for me. One being the ability to revive immediately in hte location where you died. Make people spawn back at a city, get some risk in there FFS. Then you have a reason to group with a healer type (or however BDO handles classes etc).
This discussion has been closed.