Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Black Desert bad ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,826
For years this game was touted as second coming of Sandbox MMO , true Next Gen ... and so on.

The game graphic is obviously best ever seen in MMO , Character creation unparalleled , it has action based combat , it will be B2P which is by now largely agreed as best model ...

So please explain me - someone that knows next to nothing about this game - Why I am suddenly seeing so much negativity , what is wrong with the game ?



«1345

Comments

  • siempisiempi Member UncommonPosts: 9
    MMO players are bitchboys in general and hype up every new MMO since WoW. They love it until it's released and then they hate it for some reason. #flameoff
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    No mmo is good enough these days.

    its to asian / its to grindy / graphics sucks / to high pc requirements / no battlegrounds / themepark sucks / sandbox sucks / pvp sucks / pve sucks / no raids / no dungeons / etc / etc / etc / etc.

    The mmo crowd just like to cry and bash / troll / flame best is to ignore them :)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,626
    graphics obviously don't make a game and even on that note,no they are not the best graphics not even close.Graphics covers a large area and one of my biggest peeves are buildings in a game that are nothing more than 2d backdrops with no insides.

    Character creation SHOULD go well beyond sliders and looks,to me that is of VERY little importance when compared to actual character design.

    Action based?I don't even like the combat and to me it is shallow.\

    Also b2p is NOT the best model ,the model is only as good as the game itself.We have seen the b2p model since the beginning of gaming,it is called single player games.If anyone has been paying attention,MOST of the games are nothing more than single player games with internet login added,so why should we pay anymore than a single player game model?

    VERY little effort has gone into the MMO side of game design in ANY of these games,so NO their payment models do not deserve any praise at all.

    About the only positive i could see in the game is climbing,one small step for mankind.So on that note ,why would i play it just for climbing?

    HUGE negatives?Automation,arrows on the screen,markers over npc's ideas that have no plausible/realism for being on my screen or in my game.I can 't even remember everything off the top of my head but if you wander around or even watch the game being played,i see MANY bad ideas pop up everywhere.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Wizardry said:
    graphics obviously don't make a game and even on that note,no they are not the best graphics not even close.Graphics covers a large area and one of my biggest peeves are buildings in a game that are nothing more than 2d backdrops with no insides.

    Character creation SHOULD go well beyond sliders and looks,to me that is of VERY little importance when compared to actual character design.

    Action based?I don't even like the combat and to me it is shallow.\

    Also b2p is NOT the best model ,the model is only as good as the game itself.We have seen the b2p model since the beginning of gaming,it is called single player games.If anyone has been paying attention,MOST of the games are nothing more than single player games with internet login added,so why should we pay anymore than a single player game model?

    VERY little effort has gone into the MMO side of game design in ANY of these games,so NO their payment models do not deserve any praise at all.

    About the only positive i could see in the game is climbing,one small step for mankind.So on that note ,why would i play it just for climbing?

    HUGE negatives?Automation,arrows on the screen,markers over npc's ideas that have no plausible/realism for being on my screen or in my game.I can 't even remember everything off the top of my head but if you wander around or even watch the game being played,i see MANY bad ideas pop up everywhere.
    Ehm.... More argumentation please? Calling the combat 'shallow' says absolutely nothing, for example.

    The only explicit negative you mention, the character creation, is not really an argument for or against the game since not a single MMO in existence has character generation which has any effect on the game itself.

    The other negatives you mention are very subjective. Why are they bad? Reasons and explanations please. 

    Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,912
    Well, I seem to remember that during the early development stages the "planned" game design was somewhat different to what was eventually delivered.

    Many games are "absolutely perfectly amazing" during the concept stages, it's only when it comes to implementing these fantastic designs that reality rears it's ugly head...
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member RarePosts: 3,416
    It's not bad.




  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member RarePosts: 3,416
    Wizardry said:
    graphics obviously don't make a game and even on that note,no they are not the best graphics not even close.Graphics covers a large area and one of my biggest peeves are buildings in a game that are nothing more than 2d backdrops with no insides.

    Character creation SHOULD go well beyond sliders and looks,to me that is of VERY little importance when compared to actual character design.

    Action based?I don't even like the combat and to me it is shallow.\

    Also b2p is NOT the best model ,the model is only as good as the game itself.We have seen the b2p model since the beginning of gaming,it is called single player games.If anyone has been paying attention,MOST of the games are nothing more than single player games with internet login added,so why should we pay anymore than a single player game model?

    VERY little effort has gone into the MMO side of game design in ANY of these games,so NO their payment models do not deserve any praise at all.

    About the only positive i could see in the game is climbing,one small step for mankind.So on that note ,why would i play it just for climbing?

    HUGE negatives?Automation,arrows on the screen,markers over npc's ideas that have no plausible/realism for being on my screen or in my game.I can 't even remember everything off the top of my head but if you wander around or even watch the game being played,i see MANY bad ideas pop up everywhere.
    Says you who is playing Tera lol.




  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,612
    Well, I seem to remember that during the early development stages the "planned" game design was somewhat different to what was eventually delivered.

    Many games are "absolutely perfectly amazing" during the concept stages, it's only when it comes to implementing these fantastic designs that reality rears it's ugly head...
    Exactly what is happening to Star Citizen.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,475
    For years this game was touted as second coming of Sandbox MMO , true Next Gen ... and so on.

    The game graphic is obviously best ever seen in MMO , Character creation unparalleled , it has action based combat , it will be B2P which is by now largely agreed as best model ...

    So please explain me - someone that knows next to nothing about this game - Why I am suddenly seeing so much negativity , what is wrong with the game ?
    People are complaining because there doesn't seem to me much challenge, there are no dungeons (of the instanced or open dungeon sorts) open world bosses are easy.

    Some people are complaining because you can't directly trade with players.

    Leveling seems to be either solo grinding or the quests which are the standard run here do hardly anything then run there variety.

    Some say that pvp is "broken" though I'm not clear why as it seems, at least for the sieges, that you have to have a certain amount of money to siege. I don't really see that being "broken".

    I'm sure there are more detailed descriptions of people's issues with the game elsewhere.





  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,674
    edited November 2015
    The original version of the game up to CBT2 was very different,it had planned features that were either cut or completely removed or changed significantly:

    Open world housing (changed to instanced)
    Open world bosses (changed to solo summonable bosses)
    Unrestricted auction house system (changed to dev enforced min/max pricing)
    Player to player trade - removed 
    PvE group content - changed to 100% solo content
    Naval combat - removed
    Leveling speed increased about 3x-4x
    Introduced vigor points consumption during processing steps in crafting 

    PvP was significantly changed as well

    Open world PvP nerfed - removed low level PvP, imposed HEAVY penalties for killing outside waring guilds, conquest system nerfed. Basically restricted PvP to end-game guild v guild only. 

    Overall the game shifted from open world sandbox to single player game with guild PvP end game which has left many of the original fans feeling disenchanted 

    As far as game being "bad" - completely subjective solo players who love action combat could have a few weeks of fun. 



  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    psiic said:
    Well, I seem to remember that during the early development stages the "planned" game design was somewhat different to what was eventually delivered.

    Many games are "absolutely perfectly amazing" during the concept stages, it's only when it comes to implementing these fantastic designs that reality rears it's ugly head...
    Exactly what is happening to Star Citizen.
    Nothing is happening to Star Citizen.  Nothing at all, well except for a few nice videos.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,826
    So how "Sandbox" it is on the end ?

    What you mean they made open world instanced ?



  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,674
    So how "Sandbox" it is on the end ?

    What you mean they made open world instanced ?

    The original plan for Black Desert was to have open world housing and open world farms.  This was changed to instanced housing plots.

    Also in alpha crafting was planned to be done manually without NPCS, the automated "houses craft for you" system in game currently is something they changed after all housing was instanced
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,011
    DMKano said:
    The original version of the game up to CBT2 was very different,it had planned features that were either cut or completely removed or changed significantly:

    Open world housing (changed to instanced)
    Open world bosses (changed to solo summonable bosses)
    Unrestricted auction house system (changed to dev enforced min/max pricing)
    Player to player trade - removed 
    PvE group content - changed to 100% solo content
    Naval combat - removed
    Leveling speed increased about 3x-4x
    Introduced vigor points consumption during processing steps in crafting 

    PvP was significantly changed as well

    Open world PvP nerfed - removed low level PvP, imposed HEAVY penalties for killing outside waring guilds, conquest system nerfed. Basically restricted PvP to end-game guild v guild only. 

    Overall the game shifted from open world sandbox to single player game with guild PvP end game which has left many of the original fans feeling disenchanted 

    As far as game being "bad" - completely subjective solo players who love action combat could have a few weeks of fun. 



    I dont Agree with DMKano a lot however my highlighted points is what I agree with him on with when it comes to this game.   

    These core changes took this game into nothing more than playing a game like Diablo.  I am sorry but its true and if you cannot see that then I guess you are blind.  This game now is nothing more than playing a Single Player online game with no player to player interaction at all.  This is why people need to get out of the MMO genera who have no plan to ever play/interact with other people.  And no I am not talking about 40 man raids, I am talking about simple things like if you cannot interact with people to help you as a crafter buy and sell mats then you are playing the wrong genera.  
  • blazeicerblazeicer Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I play an MMO to get in a group with a bunch of people and beat monsters up. The fact that there is a LACK of PVE content one of the reasons why I personally  not fond of this game. Not everyone wants to PVP some people just want to beat up monsters with a group of friends or a guild. That's why people still play WoW so much. It's not because the game is PvP only or PvE only.. It's because it gives players the opportunity to make the game their own. And unfortunately games like Tera, Black Desert and Blade And Soul all concentrate on PvP and not showing enough love on The PvE side of things. Players play an MMO to make a characters life their own.. Can't do that when you're forced to end game PvP..  
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,415
    You have to be careful about trusting the claims some people make on this forum about what features are in the game. Some people seem to have an agenda and have a tendency to skew the truth. 

    For example I was told there is no player to player trade, then I saw a video with two players exchanging items, some people have painted the crafting system to be simplistic or "single-player", but when I investigated the actual system it looked extremely deep and interesting, they complain that the leveling is fast but fail to point out that the leveling is basically meant as a tutorial, etc.

    I doubt the game will be perfect, but there seems to be a lot of half-truths floating around for some reason.
    ....
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,674
    YashaX said:
    You have to be careful about trusting the claims some people make on this forum about what features are in the game. Some people seem to have an agenda and have a tendency to skew the truth. 

    For example I was told there is no player to player trade, then I saw a video with two players exchanging items, some people have painted the crafting system to be simplistic or "single-player", but when I investigated the actual system it looked extremely deep and interesting, they complain that the leveling is fast but fail to point out that the leveling is basically meant as a tutorial, etc.

    I doubt the game will be perfect, but there seems to be a lot of half-truths floating around for some reason.


    2 players on different accounts CAN'T trade items directly.

    There is no player to player trade... how is this is a half truth????

    Can you please show us this example of direct player to player trade (like you can do in most MMORPGS where you walk up to a player and exchange items or currency)

    Again this does not exist in Black Desert period.


  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    For years this game was touted as second coming of Sandbox MMO , true Next Gen ... and so on.

    The game graphic is obviously best ever seen in MMO , Character creation unparalleled , it has action based combat , it will be B2P which is by now largely agreed as best model ...

    So please explain me - someone that knows next to nothing about this game - Why I am suddenly seeing so much negativity , what is wrong with the game ?
    Everytime a game get's close to launch the arguments start, I want this, I want this, etc...in the end, the alpha forums are very positive, the game is amazing.  I will tell you this, it is not a sandbox...not even close to it so get that out of your head.  There is a lot you can do with the environment, but if you want to compare it to a game, compare it to Lineage 2, very similar style.  Lot of open world pvp, wars, sieges, etc.  At present the complaining is more about fine tuning...if you like L2...you will love this game.  

    Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,826
    SirBalin said:
     At present the complaining is more about fine tuning...if you like L2...you will love this game.  
    L2 ... oh wow...thats very antiquated game design.

    But , thanks for clarification



  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Because this mmo was suppose to be the second coming of Christ and well lets just say it's not.......

    People hype these games up way to much and they just cannot live up to expectations......... If you like Archage you will probably like this one but I actually think even Archage has more to do endgame then this one............
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    SirBalin said:
     At present the complaining is more about fine tuning...if you like L2...you will love this game.  
    L2 ... oh wow...thats very antiquated game design.

    But , thanks for clarification
    Sure, if you recall in L2...the game was built around clan politics, my clan hates your clan, let's war!  Then you had your sieges to own territory.  Fighting over grind spots, so the pvp aspect is right on. 

    Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,826
    has more to do endgame then this one............
    endgame, endgame, endgame ... You know I had it with reviewing game based on endgame.

    How is THE Game ?

    Not the point i will reach after 200 hours of playing.

    How is 1 to 200 hour ? Fun ?



  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,674
    Here's something to consider  (shows how absurd the no-player trade system is)

    Lets  say a buddy of yours or SO decides they want to play Black Desert with you after you've been playing for a while already.

    So you decide oh cool I want to give them some gear and money to help them out. ...

    How do you do it?

    You cant.

    Yeah the only way is through Auction House and since the min/max pricing is enforced by the devs, you cant even do it there. 

    Yes this is the actual system in Black Desert 
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,206

    The PvE is single player, and PvP does not lead to PvE, so the PvP is pointless and 80% of the content is solo. It is like solo grind for level and gear, get the gear, make some PvP, gameover. The game is not so bad in comparison, it is just not better, except the graphics.

  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Basically there is no trade because they want to eliminate botters and gold sellers.  Then you have people that want everything given to them and they get upset because they have to work for it.  GG

    Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

This discussion has been closed.