Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are people enjoying this game?

24

Comments

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,449
    Blade And Soul is one of the top mmos in the world because its one of the best. The next big thing is here.  =)
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR Ultra HD
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar





  • MelidasMelidas Member UncommonPosts: 10
    @OhhPaigey Im loving this game, definitely worth it.
  • CVSingularityCVSingularity Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Definitely loving this game, a lot going on & the fact it has an over seas fan base as well adds to it :)
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 3,985
    I was excited for it then I played it.

    To much questing for me, the story mode is alright but you can't really just grind efficiently and do the story mode. 

    Combat is enjoyable. The instanced PvP is a joke at lower levels.

    No idea what max level is like, however I have no intentions of forcing myself thru a game to get to the end to enjoy it.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Played it for 2-3 hrs, and all I can say is blahhhhhhhhh.
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 1,495
    scorpex-x said:
    Ikcin, you again referencing gamenote.com as the end-all-be-all ranking system for games in Korea. Since we last talked I have figured out how gamenote.com works (which I mentioned earlier in this thread if you actually read it).

    Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's told you to in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are .

    And I told you to learn what is representativeness of data. You say most of the people play mobas in the PC bangs, but do you have any numbers and data? No. You assume what people do. In fact LoL is much more popular than WoW worldwide. You can easily check this in the web. Your theory about the games with high requirements, that people play in their homes, is false too, as a new games like Icarus and B&S has pretty high rankings.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited November 2015
    ikcin said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Ikcin, you again referencing gamenote.com as the end-all-be-all ranking system for games in Korea. Since we last talked I have figured out how gamenote.com works (which I mentioned earlier in this thread if you actually read it).

    Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's told you to in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are .

    And I told you to learn what is representativeness of data. You say most of the people play mobas in the PC bangs, but do you have any numbers and data? No. You assume what people do. In fact LoL is much more popular than WoW worldwide. You can easily check this in the web. Your theory about the games with high requirements, that people play in their homes, is false too, as a new games like Icarus and B&S has pretty high rankings.
    I didn't write it, I just quoted the person who did.

    but..

    These charts aren't official numbers from gaming companies, because the companies running these games DO NOT give this information out.
    PC bang charts like this are only showing what people play in internet cafes and only in certain ones that are probably cherry picked to keep advertisers like NCsoft happy.
    What people will play in an internet cafe is not the same as what they will play at home (more shallow pvp action combat titles do better than pve titles there).
    They give no solid information how they get their data at all and have to answer to nobody on accuracy, ever.
    The charts can be easily fluffed by companies like NCsoft paying money to the privately owned pcbangs for more favourable spots, special deals like cheaper/free hourly rates at peak playing time or free drinks when playing specific titles etc.
    The different companies that chart what is played offer wildy different listings and placements.
    The data is collected from participating pc bangs only and they are almost all small privately owned cafes, and not some big chain that would possibly be more accountable. They could be building these charts from 2 pc bangs or it could be 100 pc bangs.  Nobody knows and none of them are accountable for offering misleading/wrong numbers.
    All these Korean charts are no better or worse than Xfire.


    The only reason anyone gives them any credence is because they can't read Korean and don't know what they actually are, many of the people who lord these charts as accurate are the first to laugh if you post Xfire numbers yet these are no better at all and you can't prove otherwise.


    Unless of course you think that these chart websites are not influenced by mega companies like NCsoft advertising and neither are the privately owned PC bangs?  None of these people like money yo, they are too honest to do anything like that and Ncsoft would never offer them money either.  That never happens. 


    Do I have better charts?  No, does that in some way validate them as in any way accurate?  No, so stop misleading people into thinking they are some kind of accurate chart of Korean gaming when no such chart exists anywhere in the world, east or west.


    Post edited by scorpex-x on
  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Thread totally derailed. But im going back the the question. I am enjoying the game.  Combat sold me big time. I will agree with the rest that the questing can be a bit meh, but the combat keeps it fresh. I am actually using an xboxone controller and using the defaults. took me a bit to getting used to but after its fun to play. I did choose the controller over the mouse n keyboard due to my inability to press keys (im a clicker in other mmos) my hands betray me as they are shaky due to my meds.

    the game does seem to gradually make you feel more badass as you lvl. gaining water walk, wind walk ect. but then introducing you to combos is quite neat. the grafics are nice, but there are some places where my framerate drops. Not sure if its my computer or the hardware used to host the game. I do not remember that type of lag back when the game was in its real beta stage 3 years ago.

    but overall, happy. games not perfect and wont suit everyones tastes. I am loving it because my friends are also giving it a shot and we have fun playing together.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,422
    Thanks everyone! :)
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,550
    I like the open world pvp when ya get people willing to wear their faction and not hide like cowards
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,330
    I'm enjoying it, but I definitely had to find the right class. I started off as a summoner, and it was okay, but I found myself bored. Then I tried the Kung Fu Master, and it was a completely different feel, and more my style. Enjoying the game a lot more now.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 4,689
    DMKano said:
    It's also worth noting that BnS is currently the 2nd most popular MMO in Korea


    Probably the most interesting about that list is at least half of those games can run on a toaster. Gameplay > Graphics eh?
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    lzanon said:
    Thread totally derailed. But im going back the the question. I am enjoying the game.  Combat sold me big time. I will agree with the rest that the questing can be a bit meh, but the combat keeps it fresh. I am actually using an xboxone controller and using the defaults. took me a bit to getting used to but after its fun to play. I did choose the controller over the mouse n keyboard due to my inability to press keys (im a clicker in other mmos) my hands betray me as they are shaky due to my meds.

    the game does seem to gradually make you feel more badass as you lvl. gaining water walk, wind walk ect. but then introducing you to combos is quite neat. the grafics are nice, but there are some places where my framerate drops. Not sure if its my computer or the hardware used to host the game. I do not remember that type of lag back when the game was in its real beta stage 3 years ago.

    but overall, happy. games not perfect and wont suit everyones tastes. I am loving it because my friends are also giving it a shot and we have fun playing together.
    How is optimization?  when I played the russian version my biggest issue was the wild fps fluctuations
  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 348
    scorpex-x said:
    lzanon said:
    Thread totally derailed. But im going back the the question. I am enjoying the game.  Combat sold me big time. I will agree with the rest that the questing can be a bit meh, but the combat keeps it fresh. I am actually using an xboxone controller and using the defaults. took me a bit to getting used to but after its fun to play. I did choose the controller over the mouse n keyboard due to my inability to press keys (im a clicker in other mmos) my hands betray me as they are shaky due to my meds.

    the game does seem to gradually make you feel more badass as you lvl. gaining water walk, wind walk ect. but then introducing you to combos is quite neat. the grafics are nice, but there are some places where my framerate drops. Not sure if its my computer or the hardware used to host the game. I do not remember that type of lag back when the game was in its real beta stage 3 years ago.

    but overall, happy. games not perfect and wont suit everyones tastes. I am loving it because my friends are also giving it a shot and we have fun playing together.
    How is optimization?  when I played the russian version my biggest issue was the wild fps fluctuations
    There are hiccups here and there. mostly noticeable when you are in parts that changes zones I did follow one guide that helped out. http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/126486-switching-graphic-control/

    this did helpbut it does sometimes feel its on the servers end. one part i can be passing by alot of people and i get hiccups in preformance. However when there are quite alot on a boss mob, its running fluidly for me. I just got access to using the dragon streams. The first time around i got preformance hiccups but then its now fluid. I do hope they find ways to address that annoyance. atleast for now it has not affected me in combat. just more when sprint running.

  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 881
    I was hoping to get into the beta, since I won't drop a nickel USD on a game I can't try first.  But, I did not get into this round.  *sigh*  But I'm not worried about questing, I am far more all about the combat, so all of these people that say that the questing sucks doesn't bother me at all. 

    One thing in this thread really bothers me.  Someone said 'buy the FP to support the company'.  NCsoft is a huge company with 3 of the top ten games in the world.  They don't need your twenty five bucks.  Or I should say, they need your money, but you don't need to spend it on a lame FP where the only real reward is the 3 day headstart.  That is something you will completely forget about 5-8 days into the game when you hear about the first guy that level caps, and you are still struggling to get to 20.  Unless you HAVE to get into these beta weekends and HAVE to be one of the first players in the game, save your money and spend it after release.  NCoin goes on sale occasionally, so you can get more for your money.  If you wait, that $25 could get you a month's premium, a character slot and 5-600 NCoin.

    I'll repeat a point I've made in other threads; the only Founder's Pack worth buying is the one for $125 USD.  You get $160 USD in real world purchases, which makes the additional stuff that much sweeter.  The money you spend on the lesser FPs would be better off spent on NCoin and Premium memberships, plus you are not trapped into a game you may or may not like.
    $25 USD pack has no real money purchases.
    $75 USD pack has $55 in real money purchases.

    I won't spend that much on a game unless I try it.  I have plenty of games to entertain me until I get to try it to see if I like it.  If I don't get into the beta at all, I'll play the free to play version after release to see if it will get any of my $$$.


    The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!


  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Yes i enjoyed it a lot over the (long)weekend i got to play though the curse voice giveaway... got my destroyer to lvl 45.

    There has been QoL improvements over the old client the RU private server uses:
    Costumes stored in there own window.
    No need to level up evo counter part on weapon or accessories.. just the main.
    Extra storage tab in bank for all items none stat related and tab is cheaper to open more space.
    Daily spin wheel which can give items like item upgrade tokens / bag expansion and the tokens for free cash shop currency.
    6 Rows of bag space free and only 4 needing unlocked.
    Can skin weapons to your liking.

    Questing and the story seemed pretty much the same.. maybe a few little bits added. All translated in English (didn't see anything that wasn't) and main story fully voiced and seemed westernized flavour to it. Sometimes the voice wouldn't match the subtitles.. but who reads while it been said to you.

    That would be the only noticeable bug i can think of voice/text... only other annoyance was when i used throw up in the air skill, it then combo's into smash back down.. but often would target mobs on the ground and use my daze skill which is same key as smash. And other times mobs would go up above you so you need to take step back to use smash. Ofc these probably not a problem once EU server comes and a lot lower ping.

    About the servers... i played in Jiwan and run smooth all weekend with very little lag (could easy have been ping issues). This was really refreshing after beta testing Tree of Savior and Devilian which were a laggy mess from entering to end. Just hope the EU servers run as well and keep it NCSoft and not pass it onto gameforge.

    That all said.. i don't see how/why it needs 2 months closed beta other than selling founder packs (funny enough, one of the survey quests was how likely are you to purchase one lol). I've played worst games on launch than the experience i had levelling to max in this closed beta (tho the lvl 45 endgame was locked away). Likely why they only selling weekend access and not 24/7 because not much is going to change.

    Was a little annoying getting warlock drops when that class isn't unlocked yet... but it does show its running on a up to date client which is good. Looking forward to playing once it does launch or if i can get an invite back into closed beta weekends.
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 1,495
    scorpex-x, you have some conspiracy theory. But the first game in the chart is LoL, it is not related with NCsoft. And companies give data actually. NCsoft is a public company, as most of the leading publishers of games in Korea and it gives data in its financial reports. Anyway, the chart is good. And your logic is bad, as in some poll for elections for example you can get representative data for 100 millions of people by asking 1000. The only problem here is your lack of knowledge what do you talking about, that lack of knowledge is the cause of the conspiracy theory you have.
  • aetgfaetgf Member UncommonPosts: 7
    MrSyn said:
    ...Just hope the EU servers run as well and keep it NCSoft and not pass it onto gameforge.

    That's my only concern too, because they did that with Aion and with Lineage 2 in the past . With Aion they offered us free account transfers to Gameforge though, but with lineage 2 it was worst, because they forced us to play to servers located in Texas if we wanted to keep playing our accounts, or start a new account from scratch in Europe in diferent company (Innova).
       Anyway to our topic now, I enjoyed the game a lot, the combat is really nice, quests.. ok in a point they can be a bit boring but personally I am covered with combat , pvp , and its good soundtrack. Definetely I will play it when it comes live.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member RarePosts: 2,460
    For those who played the CB, is there controller support?


    My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas.

  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Dragnelus said:
    For those who played the CB, is there controller support?
    Yes there is. I  have an xbox360 and xboxone controller which were accepted without me doing anything. you do have to, however click on the controller option to get the game to react to the controller.

    The default key settings take a bit to getting used to but you can costomize the keys.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member UncommonPosts: 78
    OhhPaigey said:
    I was debating getting a founder's pack, I think the beta is/has been active now, how is everybody liking it?
    I know i have been, haha.


  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Neoyoshi said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    I was debating getting a founder's pack, I think the beta is/has been active now, how is everybody liking it?
    I know i have been, haha.


    How dare you make me stare at your butt cheeks XD
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 18,578
    @MrSyn I have no lag in Devilian but major lag in Tree of Savior. Devilian beta has no EU servers but the launch will have EU servers according to whst the producers said on twitch stream. 

  • DragnelusDragnelus Member RarePosts: 2,460
    I will play it at launch. But I wont buy a founder pack. 

    Imo it looks soo plastic. Gonna wait till more news about black desert and packs.

    If im right:

    BnS: 1v1 (not p2w, arena) and PvE instanced and open world pvp (p2w)
    Black desert: Open world pvp, GvG and PvE open world bosses (not instanced), crafting (dont know much about EU/NA to call it p2w)



    My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas.

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,449
    Cant wait to play again. Really enjoyed the last beta.
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR Ultra HD
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar





Sign In or Register to comment.