Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a game like Ragnarok Online or something fun

Ok i've recently been paying for ragnarok online which was really fun; great community, had lots of friends, and easy to get the hang of.  Then all of my friends left and now its too sad to play anymore...

I'm wondering if there are any good games (preferrably beta) that are fun and have good community.

PS. Please dont say ROSE online, i tried it and hated it; the character customization sucks ass and you have to buy skills, not to mention the random wipes and hacks they have..

I'm trying to get into Dark and light and Roma Victor but i'd like a game that i could just download and play without having to be "chosen" or anything.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• HoodedmanxHoodedmanx Member Posts: 8

if your looking for a game for the gameplay,community,depth, and a good ping i suggest starport. Great game to try and even though there isnt a huge population playing it still a very strategic, and adventurous game.its a Sci-Fi spaceship game and then graphics arent great but for a game all put together with under 10 ppl its a worth choice. WARNING: this game is extremely addictive and should be under parental supervision

• ttAtticusttttAtticustt Member Posts: 11

oh yeah, sorry i forgot to mention i really only play fantasy mmo's

Thanks for the suggestion, but starport doesnt really interest me

by the way, Medieval type mmo is alright too

• AngryllamaAngryllama Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by ttAtticustt
    Ok i've recently been paying for ragnarok online which was really fun;

paying for ragnorok? ARE U KIDDING ME? ehehe not gonna mention of any ways of getting it free cuz that would be BAD. We dont like bad people. Anyway, for the community, id suggest you WoW, even though not in open beta, if you go on the forums its a lot of fun. Also i just read up on Supreme Destiny. The intro to it is very poetic, but unfortunately i cannot tell you out of experience whether or not it has a good community or a decent gameplay. Im hesitating to try it because E-Games seems to have crappy games taht are all built horribly. if you ever try it, please tell me how it is.

Physics is like sex... sure it has some practical benefits, but that's not why we do it.

- Feinman

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

You won't be able to get a community like you did with Ragnarok Online with any other released mmo.  This is because of the Target Audience and UI system.  RO targets women alot better then most MMO's as you can imagine most of them are also kind.  The game itself doesnt display anything negative which makes people act outwardly positive.  No Sex or Blood.  In addition, the UI is simple and easy to chat with.  This social aspect more along the line forces the community to be great.

On the other hand Worlds of Warcraft has a terrible community due to its adolescent male audience and poor UI.

If you want a game to replace Ragnarok Online I suggest waiting for the future, Parfait Station and Ragnarok Online 2 will probably be what you are looking for.

• zentatsukenzentatsuken Member Posts: 13

imageragnarok online 2image

i've never heard of such image

can you tell me the website image

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

http://www.online-station.net/download/R2_KAMEX.rar

I think this link still works.

The game promises to be good, with a budget atleast 10 times larger then RO.  Also the lead dev for RO came back, so it is also likely that what was originally intended from RO will actually be done in RO2.