Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the Game Addresses Concerns, Announces Free DLC | Sword Coast Legends | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageState of the Game Addresses Concerns, Announces Free DLC | Sword Coast Legends | MMORPG.com

n-Space President Dan Tudge has published a State of the Game letter on the Sword Coast Legends site that both addresses some of the most recent concerns raised by the community and announces the forthcoming release of several free DLC packages starting with a Halloween release later this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ThanosxpThanosxp Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Niiice! Here's hoping that 5th edition gets in January! =D
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Oh nice. Perhaps this game will be worth buying eventually.

Joined - July 2004

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    unless you fix the core game play what good are these patches
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    eddieg50 said:
    unless you fix the core game play what good are these patches
    As I see it is besides looting the main problem with the game the DM client, more specifically the toolset (which need far more co ntent and better customization options). If they can make it better with DLC it is good news indeed.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Maybe I will try this game around Christmas. Make my wife get me this as a Christmas present.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wow that's amazing, would have been great if it had launched with all that (might have avoid a lot of the negative media). But what a fast response to community feedback, they must have worked/ be working pretty hard to get all that implemented.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Really welcome news. One has to wonder though, why not just have gotten this free DLC into the actual game release? These changes really could turn many frowns upside down, but first impressions have already been made...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    These are really welcome changes but I feel like they mostly bring the game up to where it should have been at release.

Steam: Neph

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    These are really welcome changes but I feel like they mostly bring the game up to where it should have been at release.
    It released not more than 10 days ago. It is still technically, Launch, IMO for the first month.

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Bluddwolf said:
    It released not more than 10 days ago. It is still technically, Launch, IMO for the first month.
    No, technically Launch would be launch.  The first month after launch would be the first month after launch. Also, the most important update to me is #3 which is likely mid to late Dec.

It's still good that they have this planned and in the works, would just have been better to actually have it on day one as making campaigns is a really KEY feature of the game.  I already finished the single player campaign and it's not like I played 24/7.  I took my time and was pretty much a completionist.  I still finished it in 2 weekends (very little play weekdays).  Now I just look forward to Update 3 and HOPE it delivers as promised and unlocks the possibilities that so far have been neutered.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018