Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBOX ONE QUESTION

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
OK, I know this isn't a big console site but I don't frequent those and I know we have some hardware savvy folks here.  Anyhow, the question at hand is:

Can you use an external 3.0 Blue_Ray drive on your XB1?

The drive that shipped with my system has always been fault and causes issues installing games.  I know you can easily add an external HD but can you add an external Blue-Ray drive the same way?  I have searched and not found any info on it (as I guess most folks would never need to).

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Is the XBOX out of the warranty period? The obvious thing to do would be to send it back.

Even if the warranty is void for whatever reason, it might still be possible to get it fixed and pay for the repairs. Might be cheaper than buying an external blu-ray drive.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Yeah it's out of warranty.  It an original release unit.

Not sure about the cost but I assume it's a lot more than just buying an external Blu-Ray drive.  Sony wanted $150 to repair my out of warranty PS4.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Yeah it's out of warranty.  It an original release unit.

Not sure about the cost but I assume it's a lot more than just buying an external Blu-Ray drive.  Sony wanted $150 to repair my out of warranty PS4.

am i the only person who has NEVER had a console crap on me? i play daily on my ps4. going all the way back to my NES days when i played like a boss, i never once had a console have issues. yes im older now so i dont play 12 hours a day like i did then (f*#king real life), but i still play alot. how on gods green earth have you broke both next gen consoles?
    Living in Florida with constant power surges certainly makes having electronics a challenge.  Surge protectors everywhere, but the PS4 one must have blown and I didn't notice.  The one I used there did not shut down when protection wasn't active.

Rectified now with all new ones.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Don't know if this will help, but i have recently had the same problem only to find out it wasn't my drive causing the installation error. It was the Xbox trying to install the "Usually" Day one update and the game at the same time.  Since then I turn the xbox to offline mode when i install games i've had 0 problems
    st4t1ck said:
    Don't know if this will help, but i have recently had the same problem only to find out it wasn't my drive causing the installation error. It was the Xbox trying to install the "Usually" Day one update and the game at the same time.  Since then I turn the xbox to offline mode when i install games i've had 0 problems
    Thanks.  yeah I tried that with one of the games awhile back.