Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar | A Look Back at the First Month of Free | MMORPG

2»

Comments

• KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Pongping said:
    i played my Stalker to 50 then suddenly had no more interest to login. All the other classes but Stalker arent good enough to keep me playing. Its the classic "level to 50" game and then all you can do is Raid and Guildplay or quit The game at 50 felt like "Game Over" to me.......
    You... PvP dude. It's not like PvE is the main thing thats good about this game anyway. The combat is amazing and it's made for PvP unless you're terrible at your class.. which probably true.. also Exile. ZzZZ
  • KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    DMKano said:
    MysteryB said:
    Wildstar would be a fun ass console MMO, make it happen Carbine let's go!

The cost of doing this is a lot higher than many realize.

Sure and remove basically all the MMO elements, limit the graphics, down grade the entire game to run some piss poor console. Evolve for christs sake.. go play mario. the adults are playing on gaming PCs they built, with all the features and benefits PCs provide.
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    i never PvP´d.... i just played PvE to 50 with my Stalker is all...... when i was 50 i lost interest Dont know what this @Krighton wants......
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Also if you really enjoy the game enough you can pay for your signature sub with c.r.e.d.d which is like Archeage Apex as well as a few other mmos like eve do the same thing. And if you add an authenticator(free download) to your account you get a Mount,title,costume piece and 5% XP,Reknown and Prestige bonus for the time that auth is kept on account.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Couldn't stick with it. I like the idea behind this game but not how it's implemented.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited November 2015
    I'd love to test this game but I only play on Linux, and my gf has a Mac... So we'll stick with WoW/GW2 (and try FF14 someday).
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    aSynchro said:
    I'd love to test this game but I only play on Linux, and my gf has a Mac... So we'll stick with WoW/GW2 (and try FF14 someday).
    Can't you do a dual boot Linux + Windows?
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    aSynchro said:
    You can run it on wine apparently, it sucks just as bad as windows so there's no loss :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DurinnMcFurrenDurinnMcFurren Member CommonPosts: 3
    The runecrafting problems go far beyond what this article mentions. Runes are now far more important than in pre-f2p, but the cost of runing a piece of gear has gone up by a factor of ten (for raid gear). Raiders who used to have multiple raiding characters with multiple sets of gear have found themselves now barely able to afford to get a single character with one set of gear up to speed. Otherwise, the game is really wonderful!
  • reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I really wish they did more to explain what you should be doing at lvl 50 (which is to say, contracts and expeditions to start out). Most games have a gear score needed to get into advanced combat, and while I applaud Wildstar for not doing that on one hand, realistically there is one - the score below which you will be kicked out of an adventure or dungeon for having. Thus, they might as well implement gear gates for this content, too.
  • dnserrordnserror Member UncommonPosts: 7
    ... Good thing there is this supposed big improvement and change to play the same type of gaming i have been playing for the last 15 years and bored sick of.

I don't for one minute pretend to like WOW,but if i was going to play a game like this why not just pick Wow or EQ2 both are MUCH better at the same type of game.

I felt combat was painful to try and enjoy it actually was the first thing to quickly have me wanting out of the game.

I posted pretty much the same thing after playing the beta. I tried the free to play launch, got past the tutorial and first map and lost all interest as I explored the next maps town and never even stepped foot out into the wilds there. I even had a month of game play paid for that went unused.

Globeadue

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Wildstar is still a BETA game. The developers NERF character powers and items free will over night. i would be careful starting to gearing out my character with costly Runes and Items Honestly these Wildstar games developers are very uncertain and its better to stay away from Wildstar until this Nerf celebration has come to an end. better wait 6+ Month before playing this game.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited November 2015
    I really tried liking this game, but it came down to 2 issues with me.

1. The combat was too dependent on resource pools, which made managing skills cumbersome, not to mention all the telegraphs and dodging that is needed.

2. The art style. It didn't bother me at first, but after several weeks, it's just not my preferred style. I can't get immersed in a cartoon environment.