Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Black Desert] Dualshock 4 gameplay (Controller) Rumble + big screen its awesome!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited October 2015 in Black Desert Online

I need to memorize every skill but imo when I do eventually controller rocks on BDO! And the rumble makes it so more intenser!

Will take some time for the aiming and skills but for now I dont need any hotbar skills and when I do its hold RT/LT and x/square/circle/triangle!

Comments

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I agree the game is much better on controller once you get your combos memorized. It's pretty much like that for every console game. Muscle memory FTW.

However, i never understood the need for rumble. It irritates me if anything. Vibrating in my hands does not add to my immersion, on the contrary, it destroys it.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181
    to me that's not a bonus. if it's just controller then the game is highly restrictive. bad PC ports kill these games.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I agree the game is much better on controller once you get your combos memorized. It's pretty much like that for every console game. Muscle memory FTW.

However, i never understood the need for rumble. It irritates me if anything. Vibrating in my hands does not add to my immersion, on the contrary, it destroys it.
    For me with this game when i cast a spell and it rumble a bit it feels like im holding the staff :pleased: but I didnt like it for witcher 3

Shamorau said:
    to me that's not a bonus. if it's just controller then the game is highly restrictive. bad PC ports kill these games.

Its just an opinion, someone with k/m would say k/m is awesome xD

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Mobs seem to have lots of hitpoints...
    edited October 2015
    Gdemami said:
    Mobs seem to have lots of hitpoints...
    From my understanding if you kill alot they become easyer to kill. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Dragnelus said:
    From my understanding if you kill alot they become easyer to kill. 
    Interesting. Does XP scale same way - more you kill, less XP you get?
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Another easy-mode action mmo. Keeners, the world needs another one.

You stay sassy!

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    edited October 2015
    From what I know if you invest in the nodes around the area you wish to grind you will get a higher drop rate and a few more perks.

Here is a good twitch streamer vid for info. (at the 1hr22min mark shows info on horse skills) and ( 1hr28min mark will explain the trade/worker system)  

Link:  http://www.twitch.tv/t1gamingdn/v/22967526  < this guy is worth following for detailed info on the game.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Tamanous said:
    Why easy? 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Dragnelus said:
    Tamanous said:
    Why easy? 
    Able to easily SOLO and take on MANY mobs SOLO,that right there should be self explanatory or no?
    Set auto movement and you can go make a sandwich come back and you are at your destination.I think the minimal age to pull that off would be somewhere around 8 years old?Quest markers over npc heads,again not much thinking needed there.

Arrows in the air telling you where to go,i think we lower the minimal age to follow that?O/p aoes most soloing never even gets hit,combat is pretty much spamming.Yep i think this game goes about as easy as it gets.

Then it does things that are to me really bad like some of the movement is ridiculous.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Tamanous said:
    Why easy? 
    Able to easily SOLO and take on MANY mobs SOLO,that right there should be self explanatory or no?
    Set auto movement and you can go make a sandwich come back and you are at your destination.I think the minimal age to pull that off would be somewhere around 8 years old?Quest markers over npc heads,again not much thinking needed there.

Arrows in the air telling you where to go,i think we lower the minimal age to follow that?O/p aoes most soloing never even gets hit,combat is pretty much spamming.Yep i think this game goes about as easy as it gets.

Then it does things that are to me really bad like some of the movement is ridiculous.
    haha yeh I like the auto movement! Can do some dishes or grab a drink etc :P You can turn the arrows off if you just dont click or target the quest.

Im curious about end game if its also easy. Or what end game is. For now being Gandalf, skills, controller support and graphics are really a big + for me cant talk about gameplay or easy content cause imo I need max lvl for it. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice video.

Haters keep hating. 
    ikcin said:

This is not hate, the game is ridiculously easy as PvE. And you can do everything solo. At the other side the PvP is close to hardcore, with many penalties, the most terrible is the drop of your enchanting stones. In BDO even 1 level difference of upgrading of your gear gives a huge competitive advantage. I think that combination of ultra casual PvE and close to hardcore PvP is not good idea. And there is no max level, after 50 the exp curve is much slower, but on theory the grind is unlimited.

"As for the endgame PvE component, the team is planning to add more open world bosses and they’re evaluating the possibility of adding PvE raids, but once again they will check the community’s interest first.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/black-desert-online-a-chat-with-the-western-project-manager/#ixzz3q31RFyQe "

Not saying PvE is hard. I really dont know it. Just some extra info. I dont mind raids! 

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    It is within our right to complain about the easy mode pve game play because this game started out (as in SOLD to the public) as a more hardcore pve game. They then changed their entire direction for development to cave to the easy mode grinders (Korean market evidently was the primary reason for this change).

The game sold out. It matters not how flashy it looks or how much the fanboys defend it's game play. I comment on the facts which are this game caved and abandoned it's core audience originally planned for and went easy mode for an entirely different market share. 100% legitimate issues to talk about.

You stay sassy!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    Unlike most mmo's BDO combat is realy intense as you dodge nuke combo dodge till you nukes are of cooldown.

Realy having a blast in pvp and i havent had the pleasure to play with our guild yet as we need to wait for the EU release grrrrrrr :(
    DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    ikcin said:

This is not hate, the game is ridiculously easy as PvE. And you can do everything solo. At the other side the PvP is close to hardcore, with many penalties, the most terrible is the drop of your enchanting stones. In BDO even 1 level difference of upgrading of your gear gives a huge competitive advantage. I think that combination of ultra casual PvE and close to hardcore PvP is not good idea. And there is no max level, after 50 the exp curve is much slower, but on theory the grind is unlimited.

"As for the endgame PvE component, the team is planning to add more open world bosses and they’re evaluating the possibility of adding PvE raids, but once again they will check the community’s interest first.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/black-desert-online-a-chat-with-the-western-project-manager/#ixzz3q31RFyQe "

Not saying PvE is hard. I really dont know it. Just some extra info. I dont mind raids! 

It's worth noting that Black Desert *had* open world bosses that required groups of playes in CBT2. These were removed and replaced by summonable solo bosses.

And yes the current iteration of PvE in BD is very easy - it is completely soloable 1-50 which is why you can turn off the UI/HUD and just solo with a controller to max level without ever talking to another player.

-EU plans to have Open World Bosses that are geared towards groups of 20 to 30 ppl to beat them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3re9bv/french_interview_with_oli_english_translation/cwna7yi

Sounds good:P