Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert | Its Third Chance at a First Impression - Can It Still Impress? | MMORPG

13»

Comments

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I have a problem devoting time to an MMORPG.COM that has traditional leveling and a lack of focus on open world PvP. I'm still putting my money on Camelot Unchanied and Crowfall.
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited October 2015
    don't want to be rude, but is this article written for free or do you get paid for it? the first half of the article is like something from your diary with near 0 info about the current status of the game. here is the TLDR version: Black Desert Looks great, Combat feels fast and fluid. not mindblowing. the end

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Is it really alpha when its released in two other places and has had alive version for over a year somewhere? The early access alphas are a joke. Thyere released games, they just use the early alpha access as a reason to let bugs go until they finally fix them. Every game is in alpha basically if most of these games that claim to be in alpha are also claiming to be alpha. There are bugs and hacks in every game so to use the 'its alpha' excuse is as lame as it gets. If someone paid something to be able to play it IMO its released. Now BD might be different since it hasnt gone all 'founders' pack and tried to charge a buck fifty to give people early access, but I suspect that will be coming. Depending on how long the want to go before they release it 'officially' But this game should be 100% playable and have no more bugs or issues beyond the 'normal' expectations. So should it 'impress' at this point? It would take a lot since expectations should be sky high.
  • DrisdaneDrisdane Member UncommonPosts: 97
    DMKano said:
    TheJoda said:
    key me.....ill tell ya!

Go to Houston, find a parking lot, find somone in a car waiting for a parking spot to open up, then as soon as one spot opens up you steal it with your car first.

You are guaranteed to get keyed.

@DMKano I lived in Houston until 6 months ago. This is so true... unless you are in China town. Then they will just run you over beffore you can ever get a chance to steal the spot in the first place. China town parking is more dangerous than the 59-610 merge lanes....
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    psiic said:
    So can I say I told you so now? I take a lot of heat here because I hate pretty much every game that comes along. I get called a Troll and worse, but sadly the truth is every game that comes along these days is crap. Lazy does not even begin to describe what has happened to mmo design. It is almost like a racket, a con job designed to separate us from our money with as little work as possible. Almost like a criminal enterprise designed to defraud the consumer. They take a piece of crap, paint it with glue then roll it around in sparkles to make it all pretty and shiny on the outside. At least this time it did not cost $150 to find out all you are buying is a turd, some glue, and a tube of glitter.
    So Much This!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Horrible article, you have to wonder if MMORPG is that desperate for writers to put crap like this on the site.

As to Black Desert, it is a very pretty but empty game.  Horrendous grind that never goes away.  After people get over the great graphics they will stop playing.  I would not waste my money on it.
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Deasant said:
    DMKano said:
    Ozmodan said:
    "They take a piece of crap, paint it with glue then roll it around in sparkles to make it all pretty and shiny on the outside. At least this time it did not cost $150 to find out all you are buying is a turd, some glue, and a tube of glitter."

Priceless.....

Except those who paid $150 for ArcheAge alpha had a blast during alpha. It was money well spent for most - seriously very few complaints during alpha.

Archeage was F2P on launch so anyone could try it out for free so it didn't take any money let alone $150.

BD will be B2P so you can't even try it for free post launch, so here you don't have a choice but buy if you didn't get a chance to try for free during beta.

I agree. I spent $300 on ArcheAge pre-1.2 Alpha. I was soooo happy with the $150 I spent that I was more than happy to drop another $150 to increase my enjoyment. The game WAS that good. And I value the times I had in it, the memories of the gameplay, and the friends I enjoyed it with. R.I.P. Pre-1.2 Alpha AA Forever missed P.S. Trion, shame on you.
    Got to Blame XL Game too, if not then noting will change when a company can hide behind a Publishers if players just keep blaming the Publishers only.:)
    I didn't blame XL because Trion was the one selling me on the idea that pre 1.2 was the "North Americaninzed version", and when 1.2 dropped in Alpha they said "don't panic, this is temporary, 1.2 just hasn't been North Americanized for us yet".
  • TalorionTalorion Member UncommonPosts: 8
    After testing in KR RU and EU Alpha, i feel a bit just a hype which shows me not a better game as Archeage ...so for me i will wait until release and read the community check few weeks after. :)
  • TalorionTalorion Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited November 2015
    PrO_Leon said:
    black desert is a PVP game . So why the beep would it need pve content ?  oh and you won't get the full experience till lv 50.
    BDO is not a PvP game. It is a true MMO where u can play it the way you want.
    Sorry but BDO is 80% PvP and 20% PvE (Envireonment) if you played it a longer time. Especially the RU theme park modification is maybe a bit more PvE, but not in the original version. @Archeage, in this game you have so much to do and ofc it needs time to reach targets, but this is for me good motivation to have deep game mechanics which cannot be success in a short time. Otherwise if you spend a lot of money you can speedup your way but some ppl misunderstand this as pay to win. We will see how the EU version will monetarize the game. :>
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    edited November 2015
    Is this another a quest hub themepark style game or am I confusing that with BnS?
  • LurianarLurianar Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I've always been an ambiance kind of guy. The first thing I remember while playing World of Warcraft was Elwynn forest. Admittedly, the graphics were bad, even more so in 2008 when I started playing. But if World of Warcraft had - still has - one thing right, it was the ambiance. I got the same feeling with Black Desert. The ambiance is something I've never experienced before. I'm not an explorer in games. I played Skyrim from point A in the main story to point Z, never really cared about side quests (please don't kill me). I must've done a bit of exploration, but personally I never really liked that part. In Black Desert, I found myself roaming the areas and just going out for a walk. The ambiance is that great. I went too far at one point and ended-up inside a castle in ruins with people shooting arrows at me. The thing is, even that part was enjoyable because I felt I was part of a world! It might be related to the fact that the game encourage you to look at the land instead of a map, but I think it's a great departure from modern MMO. In any case, it's too early to know what will happen of this game, but I know I'll buy it when it goes out.

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    dont know too much about this game, just cause i try to stay away from the games i want to play as much as i can before they come out. one thing ive noticed though, the UI. all the quest lines and circles and just shit. is there a way to get rid of all that hand holding ui bs for new mmo gamers? a way to rly clean it all up so i can see the world ill be playing in?
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    ive looked more toward Bless so far only cause it looks like it might be the black desert for older mmo gamers. not sure if its like that, its just in my head like that. anyway, still cant wait to try this game!
  • NinioNinio Member UncommonPosts: 15
    "One big question is whether Black Desert has an endgame that will be satisfying to the modern MMO player" Quote from article
    End game for me is PvP looking balance and fun whit no cash store OP items (Time will tell) . I played SWTOR until i got bored of PvP , I still play GW2 but WvW all the time ,PvP makes or breaks it in my book . PvE Skipping cut scenes and not enough PvP lol .
    Does reading a book count for PVE lol . ( #sarcasm ).
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I don't think it ever did impress. Its been pretty much a dud everywhere. Anyone that can see past pretty graphics thinks its nothing more than a stinking pile.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Is this another a quest hub themepark style game or am I confusing that with BnS?
    Confused with BnS. This game (BDO) is pretty much the opposite of a quest hub themepark style game.