Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for new MMO

MSO4StatMSO4Stat Member UncommonPosts: 7
I have played SWG (back in the day), WoW off and on since day one, Skyrim, and now World of Warships. I am taking a break from WoW until the new expansion is released. So, I am looking for something new. I was thinking about either SWTOR or The Elder Scrolls. I also see Battle Front as a potential. Any thoughts would be helpful.

MSO4Stat

Image result for top 100 gaming forum signatures

Comments

• MMOvisionMMOvision Member UncommonPosts: 112
    If you are interested in the story aspects of SWTOR, I do suggest checking it out and even subscribing a month or two.

It really does feel like KOTOR and WoW's offspring imo, and that's not a 'bad' thing.  
    It's familiar, and easy to jump in to and get going.  The pace is that of today's mainstream oriented games, so it won't be taking you forever to see any content. you can be done and put it aside when the new wow expansion comes out, or any other game for that matter.

I personally enjoy the refreshing differences in the classes, and their stories.  My own major hangup with the game is the ability bloat.   No one will tell you it doesn't have extreme ability bloat, but I guess a lot of the players can deal with it.   I can't, so I spend very little time playing at a time, when I do log in with a sw itch to scratch.  Otherwise, it's a solid game.     Definitely a "GAME" though.   I never feel immersed in it as it's quite artificial and formulaic.   (The constant mob group formation formula starts to feel campy pretty quick esp) but the game is very easy so it's satisfying to be able to build/spec the way you want and it be viable.  I don't know about end game, as my highest character is 45+.   Not looking forward to or interested in raiding so who knows how long till I push to cap.

I dunno, all in all, I've found it to be the perfect in-between-other-games mmorpg to play for the reasons above and more.

hope that helps. It's opinion based and not listing features, I know.  I'm better at conveying my experiences

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Since the games you have mentioned are vastly different can you elaborate more what are you looking for in your next MMO exactly? 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • MSO4StatMSO4Stat Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Something that I can play either solo or group. Not particularly fond of games based solely on questing. Learning curve not to steep. Sophisticated graphics and loads of content. Story lines are good but not a deal breaker.

MSO4Stat

Image result for top 100 gaming forum signatures

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited October 2015
    Skyforge maybe but it's a instant mmo but you can solo some parts but other parts got to group, as the story is locked in tiers but it's pretty new mmo not sure whats in store for them if your looking for something in story.

Then one can just wait for Black Desert when thats comes out for NA/EU, but it's open world can mmo one can solo alot stuff as far what I seen but there is no fast traveling. But for story when I played it didn't understand what they was saying but I hope it's good story when it's hits for NA/EU. And not use same voice actor as skyforge:)

Well from the two games you were wondering in your OP I vote for SWToR. Leveling in the new expansion doesn't feel like your regular quest grind MMOs, you will be doing way more story quests with cut scenes than anything else. If you sub you'll get an XP boost which would make leveling pre-expansion much easier, you can skip all the side quests and do the story. 
    You should go for ESO if you're more into PvP than PvE. At least that's how it is for me. Don't expect anything close to a Skyrim experience in ESO though. 
    If you're looking for  a SWG feel and don't mind mediocre graphics, bugs and a pure alpha state try The Repopulation. 
    Waiting for Black Desert is an option, but then you may have to wait six months or so. Tera on the other hand is another option if you're into action combat, so is Wildstar. 

I myself failed to play one MMO to rule them all in the past few years. I think these days it's better to split your time among various titles. 
  • khanstructkhanstruct Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Try out WildStar. It's fairly classic (classes, quests, etc.) but it also expands in a few areas, such as their paths (explorer, settler, soldier, or scientist). And it's free now, so what have ya got to lose besides some bandwidth  ;)

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    I woudl agree with @khanstruct  i have gone backt o wildstar since the f2p release, (granted i bought the game for $1 on humble just before the change to give me some nice perks) but this is  anice game, its not quite as brilliant as it could have been
    But it doesn't take itself seriously, the gamecrowd seem decent enough, always willing to help, housing is fun if you like that sort of thing, crafting can be quite hard or easy dependign on what you want.
    And, for me one of this biggest things, is like WoW you can use curse addons which helps, but more than anything allows UI mods :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    You are not saying much about your gaming habits, so I can't help you much.
    But you look like you decided already anyway.
    Try them both, they are Free to Play

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    edited October 2015
    Why even ask?

TOR is f2p. Just play 20 min and you will know. 

I can see asking if there are games you do not know about ... but why would anyone need to ask whether to try out a f2p game? If you are going to play games, you have 20 min to waste to check out a game that sounds even remotely interesting. 
    Why even ask?

I can see asking if there are games you do not know about ... but why would anyone need to ask whether to try out a f2p game? If you are going to play games, you have 20 min to waste to check out a game that sounds even remotely interesting. 
    Because maybe someone who has played a game for years can provide more insight than personal 20 mins of gameplay, especially when it comes down to the end game and first 20 mins is only character creation and running around talking to NPCs. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    They're both good choices, although SWTOR leans more towards the PvE side while ESO would be better to get your PvP fix.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited October 2015
    Now is ur time to stop ur addiction. Dont go looking for a new drug, there is no cure, only releif and grief, and bad mmo's   Quit entirely, or run around  in Ogrimmar in a neurotic frenzy, typing /Dirg
    Why even ask?

Because maybe someone who has played a game for years can provide more insight than personal 20 mins of gameplay, especially when it comes down to the end game and first 20 mins is only character creation and running around talking to NPCs. 
    Then spend 30 min. I would much rather spend 30 min .. then trusting random people on the internet.

Plus, if the game is not fun for the first 30 min, i will pretty much go somewhere else. There are plenty of games that are fun from the start.
  • khanstructkhanstruct Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Why even ask?

Then spend 30 min. I would much rather spend 30 min .. then trusting random people on the internet.

Plus, if the game is not fun for the first 30 min, i will pretty much go somewhere else. There are plenty of games that are fun from the start.
    Yeah, who needs a community to offer suggestions and share opinions?

Narius, every time you post, I'm left wondering why you're here. You don't like MMOs, you barely like games, I'm not even sure you like people. Which leads me to think that you're just trolling.

... for those rare B2P or P2P games that you cannot try for free?

.. for the products I can test-run for free, who needs anyone else?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Narius, every time you post, I'm left wondering why you're here. You don't like MMOs, you barely like games, I'm not even sure you like people. Which leads me to think that you're just trolling.
    Well said and I do believe you are correct.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb