Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back from the Grave?

2»

Comments

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Aethaeryn said:
    I would play it again as is.  I can't imagine that they will be able to "fix" that much.  Didn't AV abandon it partially because it was layer upon layer of mediocre code and ideas?  Tasos said that they decided to start over once they realized it would be more work to fix the old one.  I am paraphrasing.  My guess is these people have the right intentions but might have a harder time than they think.
    It's literally impossible to truly know what was going on or what Tasos even really "meant" when he said whatever he said. Can you look back at any moment that AV communicated to the player base where what was said actually happened as we understood it? Miscommunication is key for AV.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    if they did not have the dumb subscription model I would have bought the game!
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    edited October 2015
    Unless they put huge strides into development to build from the ground up server side anti hacking features into a game such as this you're just wasting your time to even bother putting your time into the game, even more so if you're a small clan or solo player. In DF 1 a lot of people bought a certain cheat program, most didn't turn on the advanced cheats to it, but most did use the alert radar, you heard it sounding off all the time in peoples TS channels. With resource gathering and management hacking really impacts a PVP game based on said resources. Those not cheating, well their time put into the game is all taken from them as they're farmed by those with the advantage. A full loot game will fail if the anti cheat is not taken as seriously as the game development itself, these are the times we live in.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Darkfall's ship has sailed. Actually, it was probably a dingy. Well, possibly a raft...

...nope, just a board floating on the ocean with some dead guy lying on it.
    He was floating on a raft made from corpses. At least he "won."
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Pratt2112 said:
    d_20 said:
    Plus, I had four accounts and they were all wiped when the game closed. That was a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. I can't go back and do it all again on game from ten years ago.

Plus, that was when they had the best chance of building a population/community in game. How are they ever going to get numbers of people to play again? They will only get a fraction of the small crowd that played before.

Yeah, people losing all that time/effort left a lot of bitter taste in people's mouths. Then to have it replaced by a game which was widely considered inferior to the original (not talking about stability/bugs, but in terms of gameplay, etc)

Also, that they had these amazing looking characters previewed for UW, only to go with the same basic humanoid body, with different looking heads... what the hell was that all about? Just bring back the original character models at that point...

I don't know what they were thinking, but that was a huge blunder on their part. Their efforts, time and money would have been better spent fixing the original, IMO"

My eye still twitches when I think about it.

• kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited October 2015
    DFO was the best experience i had in a online mmorpg, expecially the beginning. Unfortunately it failed to retain players, the everyone do everything concept caused insane grind and macro and didn't help at all but exacerbate the problem. Aventurine was a very non communicative and selfish company, responsible of the failure of this game, their management was atrocious. Hope these new developers understand that the game didn't worked and failed and make the necessary adjustements to fix these issues and turn the game into a full sandbox experience. EVE should teach them that a good sandbox with FFA pvp and full loot work well if is well designed and tweaked overtime. Gl to both projects, i really hope they deliver.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • JaszJasz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I was a DF1 player from the beginning and I really can't wait. DFUW was a huge step backwards and I really wish Adventurine had focused on DF1 instead of BS DF2010/DFUW.