Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fall Out 4, what happened.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
edited October 2015 in General Gaming
I didn't really pay attention to this game, because its release date was far away. Now with it coming out soon, I took a look. I am astounded that Beth is milking haha. They literally made a mod for oblivion, and said yep here is your new game give us 60 bucks. I never seen them do this, skyrim had a way better engine/system than oblivion, and oblivion better than morrowind. 

I think I give up on this company. With ESO, being a joke, fall out 4, just a mod for oblivion. I am scared to think what elder scrolls 6 is gonna be, just a cheap made mod of skyrim. 

I thought at first the graphics were terrible because they were making it for console, but that is def not the case, considering oblivion could be maxed on a PS3, and the ps4 is prolly triple that power.  Then I read their excuse for bad graphics, that are almost 10 years old. I laughed for awhile haha. 

They said, basically, well you know fall out has never been about graphics, its game play. So we are too lazy to make a new engine, and i know you guys will buy it anyways,  even if it is a mod for oblivion and we have to do almost no work to make it, other than coming up with a story. Those are my words, but that is what I got out of it. 

I am not of the crowd that says, yep the game play can betray the graphics. Esp with games like Ark, and dying light showing what you can do with modern hardware. I just can't go back to ps3 graphics. I honestly don't believe any one thinks graphics can be forsaken for game play, they say that, because if that was true, the majority of people would be playing text games/2d games, which have the best game play ever created. That is not the case.......

So IMO, all they are doing, is what they did with ESO, which is milking a name. They apparently know, that no matter what they put out they will make money, so instead of being creative, coming up with a whole new revolutionary fall out, they just said ahh well we will make money either way, lets just mod oblivion and be done with it, then we only need to hire 3 people. 

This would be like honda going, well you know what, we know our customers are blind followers, so we are lazy, and can make money either way. Let us just put 20 inch rims on the 2007 civic, and call it our new 2017 civic 4, they will buy it either way, so what does it matter. 

Comments

• jelliuzjelliuz Member UncommonPosts: 97
    What did I just read ?
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    I didn't really pay attention to this game, because its release date was far away. Now with it coming out soon, I took a look. I am astounded that Beth is milking haha. They literally made a mod for oblivion, and said yep here is your new game give us 60 bucks. I never seen them do this, skyrim had a way better engine/system than oblivion, and oblivion better than morrowind. 

I think I give up on this company. With ESO, being a joke, fall out 4, just a mod for oblivion. I am scared to think what elder scrolls 6 is gonna be, just a cheap made mod of skyrim. 

I thought at first the graphics were terrible because they were making it for console, but that is def not the case, considering oblivion could be maxed on a PS3, and the ps4 is prolly triple that power.  Then I read their excuse for bad graphics, that are almost 10 years old. I laughed for awhile haha. 

They said, basically, well you know fall out has never been about graphics, its game play. So we are too lazy to make a new engine, and i know you guys will buy it anyways,  even if it is a mod for oblivion and we have to do almost no work to make it, other than coming up with a story. Those are my words, but that is what I got out of it. 

I am not of the crowd that says, yep the game play can betray the graphics. Esp with games like Ark, and dying light showing what you can do with modern hardware. I just can't go back to ps3 graphics. I honestly don't believe any one thinks graphics can be forsaken for game play, they say that, because if that was true, the majority of people would be playing text games/2d games, which have the best game play ever created. That is not the case.......

So IMO, all they are doing, is what they did with ESO, which is milking a name. They apparently know, that no matter what they put out they will make money, so instead of being creative, coming up with a whole new revolutionary fall out, they just said ahh well we will make money either way, lets just mod oblivion and be done with it, then we only need to hire 3 people. 

This would be like honda going, well you know what, we know our customers are blind followers, so we are lazy, and can make money either way. Let us just put 20 inch rims on the 2007 civic, and call it our new 2017 civic 4, they will buy it either way, so what does it matter. 
    Fallout 4 is not an Oblivion mod.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    jelliuz said:
    What did I just read ?
    Troll bait
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    AngryElf said:
    jelliuz said:
    What did I just read ?
    Troll bait
    Very poorly written and not very well disguised troll bait
  • ZoNEEZoNEE Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Hes trolling.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited October 2015
    I am not trolling. Fall out 4 is the same engine as Oblivion, and fall out 3. I can't believe you can't tell, by just looking at the screen shots. That is what made me look it up, when i saw the screen shots, it looked almost identical to fall out 3/ Oblivion. Since it uses the same engine, it is a mod of those games. 

Er, it seems not so. In fact it seems that, in a round about way, Fallout 4 is still using tech shared with Bethesda's last-gen output. Confirmed via a brief comment during Bethesda's E3 press conference  last night, Fallout 4 is running on ‘a next-generation version of [Bethesda’s] Creation Engine’, effectively meaning a modded iteration of the same tech that powered Skyrim four years ago. Thing is though, for all of said engine’s new name back in 2011, Creation itself was actually an upgraded and modified version of Gamebryo, the same engine Bethesda used for Fallout 3, and Oblivion before it. 

So even worse, skyrim was a modded Oblivion, and skyrim has terrible graphics, unless you add in mods, which just basically make textures better. None of them use direct x 11, and the better dx 12. 
    edited October 2015
    jelliuz said:
    What did I just read ?
    I'm still going to try and reply but after reading this my brain kinda overcooked. 

1. This has nothing to do with Oblivion
    2. They use an ever evolving in house engine
    3. They canceled PS3/X360 for F4 because they wanted to go next level on the immersion and needed 8gb of ram for that. Meaning there will be no more loading when entering houses.
    4. The fact that you think "milking" = working for 5-6 years with 100 man team on a massive game with 100 000+ lines of dialogue, companions, pets, an improved storyline, a gameworld twice the size of skyrim, open world housing and building, engineering thousands of parts into guns, a game with a whole other story (starting the day the nuclear bombs dropped) 
    5. Graphics are not everything and a game that will be played for hundreds of hours by every fallout fan doesn't need the best graphics it needs functional graphics, graphics that fit the picture, that don't get irritating overtime, that run on all computers,... 

Seriously, I'm not even that big of a fallout fan myself but take a step back and read the garbage you just posted. Either it is a failed attempt at trying to cause an uproar or you are just not that bright. 

if you really want to talk about milking, look in the direction of Ubisoft or EA. 
  • TaneonTaneon Member UncommonPosts: 53
    How is this graphics anywhere near oblivion???

To hype a game so much as we hyped F4 is ridicolus, but posts like OPs here are just sad.

edited October 2015
    [mod edit]

The game uses a modded version of fall out 3, end of story. The graphics are terrible compared to newer engines, end of story. All this garbage about calling me names, and defending their use of old engines is disgraceful. 
    Post edited by Amana on

Taneon said:

To hype a game so much as we hyped F4 is ridicolus, but posts like OPs here are just sad.

That 100 percent looks like Oblivion with modded graphics.  in fact oblivion with graphic mods looks better, but they both look the same pretty much. It is not like going from Battle field 4, to Dying light, which uses a lot more direct x 11 features. 
    edited October 2015
    What are you saying ? stop please, it hurts so much.
    I can only take so much.

How is only looking at graphic fidelity the "end of story" ? Really, please, tell me. 
    And even more, what does it have to do with "milking" , when they clearly spent hundreds of thousands of hours on this game that has nothing to do with oblivion?

The most played games on all of planet earth have mediocre graphics. 
    edited October 2015
    I am not gonna play. Did you forget to eat for a week? I wanted to have a discussion about how I believe this company went to shit, and fallout 4 has terrible graphics and could of done alot better. All you fools want to do is call me names, and be outrageous. I could say the same to all of you, what in gods name are you reading my post for? I didn't post this, to hear your excuses for them making a bad graphic rehash of fallout 3. 
     asSzczepanX said:
    What a troll. You don't like it, don't play it. Why do you have the need to have some attention?

Taneon said:

That 100 percent looks like Oblivion with modded graphics.  in fact oblivion with graphic mods looks better, but they both look the same pretty much. It is not like going from Battle field 4, to Dying light, which uses a lot more direct x 11 features. 
    You are showing a piece of oblivion gameplay probably modded with 100+ mods in the year 2015. Now imagine Fallout 4 graphics modded with 100+ mods in the year 2025 ? 

Just stop, you are making a fool out of yourself. 
    It has nowhere near the texture resolution, polygon count or physics and DX11 features. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    As for milking a name, I think squaresoft owns the trophy for this, final fantasy games have been garbage since ff4/ff6, yet they are milked to no end. Yeah I would have liked fallout 4's graphics to be better, especally now that I have a geforce 970, but you forget there is mods for that, sucks for consoletards though, since all of the decent mods will never be available on consoles due to needing external .dll files and such (Skyrim script extender for example, I believe morrowind, oblivion, fo3 and fonv all have this) not to mention any graphical improvements prob won't work on a console either due to the console probally just being able to barely run it at 30 fps at 720p (for xbone anyway), ps4 however might be able to handle some graphical improvements if it ever gets modding.

All in all I play fallout games for the world more than anything, the story in them tends to be very weak anyway. The main point of the game is to explore, if you just follow the (short) main storyline your playing it wrong. With the nuke deal going thru and such I suspect we'll see a nuclear apocalypse sooner than you think.

If you base a game just on graphics however your doing it wrong, some of the best games I have played in years are all indie titles with mid to low end graphics, the gameplay is just way better than the trash AAA devs are releasing for the most part, and to me gameplay is most important. Reason is simple, shit thats pretty is still shit, its just shit covered in glitter.

Yeah I am personally not a fan of the engine fo3/nv uses, its too restrictve and twitchy about what you do with it, and the smallest things can cause it to crash. Graphically I say its "good enough" for what the game is, could be better? yes defently, but is it good enough for what the game is? yeah it is.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

jelliuz said:
    What are you saying ? stop please, it hurts so much.
    I can only take so much.

How is only looking at graphic fidelity the "end of story" ? Really, please, tell me. 
    And even more, what does it have to do with "milking" , when they clearly spent hundreds of thousands of hours on this game that has nothing to do with oblivion?

The most played games on all of planet earth have mediocre graphics. 
    As far as my post goes that is the end of it. That is what the post is about. If you want to go discuss why graphics don't matter go start one. You are the one making your brain hurt, I obviously think graphics matter, which is what this post is about. You coming in here and saying the garbage you are, to a post about why i think fall out 4 graphics suck, and how they should of done better, and are just milking people, with doing little work, because they don't want to make a new engine. 

That is on you. 
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Dude, just no.

What I do hope is that they will have a solid scripting engine this time around.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

but, milking implies they don't do a lot of work, bethesda is one of the only companies (together with CDproject Red) that actually pumps a lot of manhours into their games. If you want to see milking, look at the FF franchise and the Ass creed franchise which gets crapped out every year by now. (and early access games that keep taking their customers money for nothing) 

You can agree to disagree about graphics but you can NOT call this game a milking job, that is just a really dumb thing to say in the current market. 
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Way to judge an unreleased game so well....... you most def seem like the kind of person we should listen to.

/s
    Siveria said:
    As for milking a name, I think squaresoft owns the trophy for this, final fantasy games have been garbage since ff4/ff6, yet they are milked to no end. Yeah I would have liked fallout 4's graphics to be better, especally now that I have a geforce 970, but you forget there is mods for that, sucks for consoletards though, since all of the decent mods will never be available on consoles due to needing external .dll files and such (Skyrim script extender for example, I believe morrowind, oblivion, fo3 and fonv all have this) not to mention any graphical improvements prob won't work on a console either due to the console probally just being able to barely run it at 30 fps at 720p (for xbone anyway), ps4 however might be able to handle some graphical improvements if it ever gets modding.

All in all I play fallout games for the world more than anything, the story in them tends to be very weak anyway. The main point of the game is to explore, if you just follow the (short) main storyline your playing it wrong. With the nuke deal going thru and such I suspect we'll see a nuclear apocalypse sooner than you think.

If you base a game just on graphics however your doing it wrong, some of the best games I have played in years are all indie titles with mid to low end graphics, the gameplay is just way better than the trash AAA devs are releasing for the most part, and to me gameplay is most important. Reason is simple, shit thats pretty is still shit, its just shit covered in glitter.

Yeah I am personally not a fan of the engine fo3/nv uses, its too restrictve and twitchy about what you do with it, and the smallest things can cause it to crash. Graphically I say its "good enough" for what the game is, could be better? yes defently, but is it good enough for what the game is? yeah it is.
    Just wanted, to say thanks for being the first with a reasonable response.  I never played FF much after tactics, but your right sounds like they are worse than Beth. I have the 970 too, which is why i was hoping for a fallout with good graphics. As you stated though the stock games are usually bad anyways, which is where modding comes in, and both skyrim, and fallout are about discovering. Which is why releasing a modded fallout 3, to me is a waste of my money. When i can just download 3 and get one of the many mods that are already there for it. 
  • OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195
    jelliuz said:
    What did I just read ?
    lol exactly my thoughts but hey, Its friday, I was amused . =)
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The hype train is strong with Fallout 4. But OP makes a great point. Fallout 4 is Fallout 3 and New Vegas with mods. I'M just not impressed with anything because all the mods i use for the two other games. The only thing that would be cool to see is the Boston setting. Checkout the so called new features and you can find mods of them. So if you only played Fallout on consoles then a can understand your excitement for Fallout 4.
    Xeno.phon said:
    Way to judge an unreleased game so well....... you most def seem like the kind of person we should listen to.

/s
    I was judging it based on graphics. As i stated, you may play 10 year dated graphics, but if it doesn't have graphics on par with ark/dying light, I am not going to fork out 60 bucks for dated graphics. These games are discovery games, if I cared about game play only, dwarven fortress has the best discovery game mechanics going on, but the graphics are colored numbers..........

I am very happy for you, that you can play this game, with the way the graphics are. I don't understand why you would come into a thread you clearly disagree with, just to say that. I wasn't trying to convience any one of anything, those are my opinions, and my opinions only. I hope you would listen to your own opinions, and not be swayed by some forum post anyways? But apparently, you go with what other people say. I go with what I say. 
This discussion has been closed.