Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are companions overpowerd now?

2»

Comments

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    MikeB said:
    Companions are definitely strong right now. I expect tweaks.
    Was that a poorly constructed force joke? 
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited October 2015
    MikeB said:
    While it will certainly proponent of nerfs to the companions, i would also like player characters to be buffed, 3.0 nerfed player characters VERY hard, while pre 3.0 i could do Oricon weekly solo on every class in 148 blue gear, in 4.0 on lvl 55 it was doable ONLY on tank/healer combo AND in blue 172 gear (pretty much best for lvl55)

presence should work like:

"While you have your companion summoned presence increases YOUR and YOUR COMPANIONS stats" like expertise does for PvP.

so while nerfing how much boost it gives companions BUT buff players. Also this way presence could make its way back to gear and be effecively best solo gear (just like PvP gear is best for PvP and raid gear is best for group content)
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

I cant play the game right now because f2p players cannot mod their weapons.  I assume its a bug because the weapon mods are being flagged as artifact even though they are green or blue.  I always modded them before.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Malabooga said:
    I only need to say one word.

Treek
    Treek is never seeing light of day again and is sentenced to manual labor on my ship.

If you havent played since the patch, things have cahnged A LOT.
    I quit when they made my Mara usless
    edited October 2015
    Malabooga said:

Treek
    Treek is never seeing light of day again and is sentenced to manual labor on my ship.

Ye, because 3 years of being OP just isnt enough :rolleyes:

They were brought in line with other classes.
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:

Treek

Oh you must be making an assumption that I played for 3 years..
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:

Treek

No, maras were OP for 3 years.
    edited October 2015
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:

Treek

No, maras were OP for 3 years.
    But that didn't matter to me, since I didn't start until much later, and even at that my 1st was a level 50 Gunslinger. So yeah, I re rolled a Mara and well......60 wasn't as fun as it was leveling....I'll leave it at that.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    MikeB said:
    Yep, I suspect the new Influence system is going to see some "balancing" *cough* nerfs! *cough*.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited October 2015
    cura said:
    Yesterday, as a lvl 60 merc i solo killed all champion mobs on Ziost (also lvl 60), without any problems. Even had one disco during fight lol. I dont have any uber bonuses from legacy as it is my only max level class, all gear is granted from quests, no stims, no bonuses from other classes etc.

Its the same with my mid level Sorc. Game is beyound facerolling now.
    Those champ mobs are solo quest mobs.

And ive been killing champs solo on level since launch. Along with soloing H2s/H4s. It really isnt something noteworthy.
    edited October 2015
    cura said:
    Malabooga said:
    cura said:
    Yesterday, as a lvl 60 merc i solo killed all champion mobs on Ziost (also lvl 60), without any problems. Even had one disco during fight lol. I dont have any uber bonuses from legacy as it is my only max level class, all gear is granted from quests, no stims, no bonuses from other classes etc.

Its the same with my mid level Sorc. Game is beyound facerolling now.
    Those champ mobs are solo quest mobs.

And ive been killing champs solo on level since launch. Along with soloing H2s/H4s. It really isnt something noteworthy.
    They werent that easy though. I soloed some of them too but had to use interrupts, shields, medpacks etc to win. Now its just pure dps without any effort.
    Its also thingy with SWTOR being gear based MMO, and unfortunately has huge gearflation so those who got raid gear also had it mindless with everything else. This just puts everyone on same page outside of FPs/raids wheter you grinded gearflated gear or not.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I like the way they are. If you don't like it, you can just not have your companion with you. Or you can disarm it. I just want to enjoy the story and level my alts with grouping as an option for pve and pvp. That's what SWTOR is for me.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    filmoret said:

I cant play the game right now because f2p players cannot mod their weapons.  I assume its a bug because the weapon mods are being flagged as artifact even though they are green or blue.  I always modded them before.

Don't think it is a bug. Everything about F2P game is about forcing you to sub.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Yes, companions are overpowered.  My companion can solo elites of the same level and still have about half health left.  Yes, it his made content more trivial. 

It is much easier to get presence now with companion stories unlocked at level and the 100 presence from completing all 8 main stories. 

I think my companion may be stronger than me, if I use a toon with average gear. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    MMOman101 said:
    Yes, companions are overpowered.  My companion can solo elites of the same level and still have about half health left.  Yes, it his made content more trivial. 

It is much easier to get presence now with companion stories unlocked at level and the 100 presence from completing all 8 main stories. 

I think my companion may be stronger than me, if I use a toon with average gear. 

Yea my companions hit harder then I do for sure.  But like any major update it will take some tweaks to get in order.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Torval said:
    I love companions the way they are now. I have mine set to heals. It's a lot of fun.

My biggest problem is deciding which new xpac to play for the night - TOR or GW2. When the ESO update launches in a week or so I'm screwed.
    Mine are set to heals as well. It's hilarious to see Khem Val following my Assassin and playing healer. (While making comments that he'll devour me some day =P)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• starstar1starstar1 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Torval said:
    I love companions the way they are now. I have mine set to heals. It's a lot of fun.

My biggest problem is deciding which new xpac to play for the night - TOR or GW2. When the ESO update launches in a week or so I'm screwed.
    Mine are set to heals as well. It's hilarious to see Khem Val following my Assassin and playing healer. (While making comments that he'll devour me some day =P)
    I need to see that lol. I did play my sorc tonight, but used Ashara. :awesome: 
  • SwashBuccaneerSwashBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Even if they are; who cares?  LOL I mean, really.  You can only use them in PvE and they take up a group spot.  Not like you can use them in PvP.
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    At 3.0 (i think) we had a statsquish and people complained abit about strong mobs (not elite but silver) were too strong.  Something went abit wrong in that proces.  I think it had something to do with internal damage since it mostly was mobs with DOT effect that were realy strong.   Now in 4.0 everything is easy.  Bioware used their nerfbat the only way they know. Main thing they did was boost companions,  but i'm fairly sure that can be all.  Even classbosses that were "hard" before 4.0 now are easy,  and by easy i mean you cant fail even if you try  easy...  I know some people just want story and dont care about gameplay,  but when the story tells you to fight this strong never before defeated boss,  only you would ever have a small chance of defeating him,  and then you kill him and his adds with 1 mortarvolley, shockstrike + high impact bolt,  the fight was over in less than 10 sec.   It just weakens the story imo. I used a dps companion and we both had full hp when the fight ended.  Another thing is when in tactical FP someone drops group for whatever reason, people dont sign up for replacements anymore,  they prefer getting a companion.... Maybe not allways but often enough for me to notice.  That's just not right.