Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sanbox Ship/Base building MMO? Will this be the WOW killer!

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Loktofeit said:

Holy cow, people...

LMAO gotta love that plank drawing... great concept art...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    WOW already died.  Moving on now.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Loktofeit said:
    Note to those about to get enraged: He's joking. Click the link. 

Steam has gotten so ghetto lately. :( 

Thanks for the heads-up, I was about to slap the OP for using the dead term of "wow killer". The only mmo that will kill WOW is WOW itself.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    You cannot kill what is immortal
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Hey guys,

So I have come across something interesting in the steam green light concept posts. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539608213

If this game gets developed I think it would be better than WoW and all of the other MMO's I have seen before, it has my 100% support. What do you guys think? I know it is very early in development and all there is are a bunch of concepts and brainstorms but the features are very unique and interesting I must say.

I don't know how to rate this, the game you linked is absolutely hilarious but at the same time you used such a naked troll bait title... then again it got me in here... well played sir, well played.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I will watch this game and hope it makes it like he says he will. Does seem interesting.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    HAHA!
    ..........oh wait
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Actually I think this has more potential than what I've seen lately. WoW killer?

maybe..?

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    downnice said:
    You know how many games I heard that were going to be the "WoW" Killer

Everquest 2
    Star Wars Galaxies

Guild Wars
    Guild Wars 2
    Runescape 3
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    Wildstar
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Destiny

And there are probably more to list as well 
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How could Everquest II ever have been said to be "going to be the WoW killer" it was released three weeks before WoW. Same for Star Wars Galaxies it was released 16 months prior to WoW.

As for the rest were they really touted as WoW killers or have you just thrown together a list of moderately successful games and pretended??

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    downnice said:
    You know how many games I heard that were going to be the "WoW" Killer

Everquest 2
    Star Wars Galaxies

Guild Wars
    Guild Wars 2
    Runescape 3
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    Wildstar
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Destiny

And there are probably more to list as well 
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How could Everquest II ever have been said to be "going to be the WoW killer" it was released three weeks before WoW. Same for Star Wars Galaxies it was released 16 months prior to WoW.

As for the rest were they really touted as WoW killers or have you just thrown together a list of moderately successful games and pretended??

iirc AoC and WAR were the first games discussed as WoW killers, neither of which made his list. 

I was going to laugh at him including Destiny but now that I think about it there is a legitimate case for Destiny because the 500 million to pay for it likely came from WoW subscriptions and could be a good part of why the game feels so cheap now.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm surprised they put that up.  If I had known that was all that was needed I could have designed a game long ago.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• khanstructkhanstruct Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited October 2015
    Tybost said:
    You cannot kill what is immortal

Brenics said:
    I will watch this game and hope it makes it like he says he will. Does seem interesting.
    ...I can't tell if you're kidding. It's obviously just some 13 year old kid who knows jack about game development.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Brenics said:
    ...I can't tell if you're kidding. It's obviously just some 13 year old kid who knows jack about game development.
     Sadly, it has about the same odds of being made and not sucking as anything else being developed currently. (Yeah that's how bad things have gotten.)

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356
    I think he is a visionary and obviously very passionate about MMORPGs. Finally a proper MMO that I can live in for years with challenge and hopefully good group play.

I am also ready to pre-order the ship but only if it comes with lifetime insurance, I dont want to lose it to some fat orc griefer killing noobs in the starting zone. 

Some advice for the devs.... hope they listen otherwise i will not go on their forums.

I dont want others to impact my solo MMO play so please no stealing gear from my bags after unsatisfactory interaction with other players. I have limited time to play games and dont want others impacting on my gameplay in the 17minutes daily that I have available between job, wife, kids, lover, gardening, fishing and golf.  

Please make a cash shop so I can catch up and be at the same level as all the others that have more than 17 minutes to play and live in their mothers basement. 

There should be no stats and rotations which affect gameplay as I dont have time to learn all of that, and its boring anyway, so please realistic fps combat, however, not too much twitch play as my reflexes are not what these ADD kids have these days. Of course, no holy trinity for group play - I can never find tanks and healers in my 17mins and pugs are just useless. They never know what I want them to do and then complain when I have to go afk to walk the dog. 

If you do all of this you will reach the whole market and I can probably get my wife to play also, so at least 2 accounts (she likes customizing her house so definitely a housing system) preferably some nice costumes, feel free to put them in the cash shop I mentioned above, its just fluff but she likes it.

There should be no raid gear, as that is not fair I should be able to get all the gear solo like everyone else in my 17 minutes. Crafting would help I guess but I ll leave that up to you.

Anyway thanks for listening, hopefully you can take advice on board not like all the other devs.

Regards
    B.

Pala said:
    I think he is a visionary and obviously very passionate about MMORPGs. Finally a proper MMO that I can live in for years with challenge and hopefully good group play.

I am also ready to pre-order the ship but only if it comes with lifetime insurance, I dont want to lose it to some fat orc griefer killing noobs in the starting zone. 

Some advice for the devs.... hope they listen otherwise i will not go on their forums.

I dont want others to impact my solo MMO play so please no stealing gear from my bags after unsatisfactory interaction with other players. I have limited time to play games and dont want others impacting on my gameplay in the 17minutes daily that I have available between job, wife, kids, lover, gardening, fishing and golf.  

Please make a cash shop so I can catch up and be at the same level as all the others that have more than 17 minutes to play and live in their mothers basement. 

There should be no stats and rotations which affect gameplay as I dont have time to learn all of that, and its boring anyway, so please realistic fps combat, however, not too much twitch play as my reflexes are not what these ADD kids have these days. Of course, no holy trinity for group play - I can never find tanks and healers in my 17mins and pugs are just useless. They never know what I want them to do and then complain when I have to go afk to walk the dog. 

If you do all of this you will reach the whole market and I can probably get my wife to play also, so at least 2 accounts (she likes customizing her house so definitely a housing system) preferably some nice costumes, feel free to put them in the cash shop I mentioned above, its just fluff but she likes it.

There should be no raid gear, as that is not fair I should be able to get all the gear solo like everyone else in my 17 minutes. Crafting would help I guess but I ll leave that up to you.

Anyway thanks for listening, hopefully you can take advice on board not like all the other devs.

Regards
    B.

You have got to be trolling.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Hey guys,

So I have come across something interesting in the steam green light concept posts. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539608213

If this game gets developed I think it would be better than WoW and all of the other MMO's I have seen before, it has my 100% support. What do you guys think? I know it is very early in development and all there is are a bunch of concepts and brainstorms but the features are very unique and interesting I must say.

I thought you were trolling but it seems you're serious.

WoW is simply not an mmorpg anything can even come close to, it's just never going to happen.  If wow shut down tomorow the players would spread out across all titles so even that wouldn't create some new market leader.  The only thing that would kill WoW would be Blizzard making WoW 2 and as has been shown by other developers that is one of the worst things you can do, it destroys the old game and the new game could be a flop.  That's why they canceled the plans they had for "wow 2"

The only mmo itles that come close to wow are ones that lie about their numbers.  I can't even think of an mmo that has 1 million subs (SWTOR did it for a short while but it didn't last long), nothing else has ever done it.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Kazuhiro said:
    Brenics said:
     Sadly, it has about the same odds of being made and not sucking as anything else being developed currently. (Yeah that's how bad things have gotten.)
    Well it does have more realistic design than a few in development. Not aimed at yours khanstruct so don't get out of shape.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • WinterstoneWinterstone Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Activision/Blizzard just created an as yet to be named company for E-Sports. There is your wow killer.
    scorpex-x said:
    Hey guys,

I thought you were trolling but it seems you're serious.
    Oh god, I bet he's the "developer" behind those two concept scribbles. Self-promotion disguised as impartial enthusiasm. Lame.

• MrsolodoloMrsolodolo Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited October 2015
    @DMKano ;I think this game does have potential and I'm pretty sure most games start of with shitty drawings, I believe it is called brainstorming. If a smart developer takes on this idea it could very well be the "WoW killer" but that's just my opinion, I don't know why so many naive WoW fan boys don't see it this way.
    edited October 2015
    @DMKano ;I think this game does have potential and I'm pretty sure most games start of with shitty drawings, I believe it is called brainstorming. If a smart developer takes on this idea it could very well be the "WoW killer" but that's just my opinion, I don't know why so many naive WoW fan boys don't see it this way.
    WoW fanboys? Here? Not likely.

You're the Ben guy that wrote that "brainstorm" aren't ya? Ok, you have ideas for how you would like to see MMOs developed. That's awesome. We all do, it's why we're here.

However, a couple paragraphs of untested ideas and two scribbled drawings do not make an MMO. It's not even an idea, really. It's a suggested feature list and little more. You can browse these forums for 20 minutes and find a dozen posts exactly like that "game idea".

If you actually want to make a game, go get yourself some skills, dig in and prepare for a long couple of years of complex work and VERY long hours.

P.S. There is no "WoW Killer". Not only is WoW, WoW, but it's also Blizzard, with a team of people smarter than you, decades of experience, millions of diehard fans, and giant piles of money.

Be smart. Pick your battles. A good developer is smart enough to not even attempt going toe-to-toe with Blizzard in the MMO arena.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Cant find /facepalm like

• MrsolodoloMrsolodolo Member UncommonPosts: 23
    @khanstruct No I am not the "Ben guy" and I don't think it is a "suggested feature list" this guy says he has a team and is in the "planning phase" of this game, so I don't know what kind of rubbish you're talking about lol and who knows he has probably tested the ideas.
  • DracheirDracheir Member UncommonPosts: 62

@Mrsolodolo, only WoW can kill WoW.

A fool and his money are soon parted.