Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter is Live.

spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter is Live

Looks fun. I pledged a few bucks. I just wanna fly around the planets!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

Comments

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Their tech-demo / pre-alpha is actually being streamed and played live, right this very moment. Check it out if you want to see more of the game, how it looks and how it runs right this moment; 
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    WOW! thanks, didn't know they were doing that!

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Very cool :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

http://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron

Bad news Baron is doing a livestream right now of the prototype :)

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    nope,not even close to interesting me.Moving along as slow as a helicopter wouldn't make it too tough to generate the graphics.
    So easy to make these games the cheap way,just lots of emptiness,near impossible to make them in a quality fashion.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

ER, please tell me another combat sim that get you a complete solar system without loading screens...seamlessly..since it's easy. I'd like to play it

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• Desiderium2012Desiderium2012 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Yay, more crowd funding.

Someone needs to crowd fund a time machine so I can actually play one of the MMO's I'm waiting for, after I wait 3 years for them to build it, of course.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Wizardry said:
    nope,not even close to interesting me.Moving along as slow as a helicopter wouldn't make it too tough to generate the graphics.
    So easy to make these games the cheap way,just lots of emptiness,near impossible to make them in a quality fashion.

Moving along as slow as a helicopter? Your entire comment seems... silly.

Been looking forward to infinity for a long time. can't wait :)
    Agreed...Now if we can get SC's Ships and FPS, Elite Dangerous's galactic scale, and Infinities seamless solar systems with full planetary ingress/egress...i will never leave the house!

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Oh yes! This got backed by me!
  • FaunNoeFaunNoe Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Looks pretty good. 
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/i-novae-explains-infinity-battlescape-kickstarter-rationale/

they said in 2013 this would take over 3 million to make. Now it will only take 300,000? I dunno.
    edited October 2015
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/i-novae-explains-infinity-battlescape-kickstarter-rationale/

they said in 2013 this would take over 3 million to make. Now it will only take 300,000? I dunno.
    I think they reduced the scope from galactic sized to a single solar system. Also, i think back then they were thinking MMO. Now, it looks more like a huge-scale World of warships...in space...with some C&C resource elements?

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    For your consideration: last I saw, this doesn't represent the "final direction" of Infinity (which has been in development since 2007), but rather a stand-alone game which will benefit the separate MMO by way of engine development.  It's the thing before the thing.

From the Kickstarter page: "For the first time in video game history we're able to give you a glimpse of what a broad range of alien worlds could actually look like if you were standing there in the flesh."

That's a pretty bold claim.

And also this gem: "NOTE: We do not want to fall into the trap of constantly adding new features to a game that never gets finished just because we crowdsource additional funds post-Kickstarter."

Nice.

That out of the way, it's a gorgeous looking game.  I've been following it since around the time of the 2010 tech demo.  This isn't to encourage/discourage anyone from supporting the Kickstarter.  It looks like they are off to a very strong start; it's just something I've been watching for a long time.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Squadron24Squadron24 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    In before " this game is impossible" yadda yadda
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
    LOL well its already possible as they are showing a playable demo with the seamless planetary flight already functional. But yes, people will see cry, "No Way!"

Doesn't look in-depth at all, but it does look fun!

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• ScuderiaScuderia Member CommonPosts: 2
    cant wait! #pledged
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Sry for necro but I dont think this needs a whole new thread to post it so I drop it here.