Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Join Star Citizen now and receive a reward.

13»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Brorim said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Brorim said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Erillion said:
    Zajjar said:
    Talking about buying expansions before the game is even released, LOL the playerbase is so naive, if they buy into this shit
    You DO know that Brorim is talking about an Elite:Dangerous expansion and not Star Citizen, do you not ?

Have fun
    You bring up a good point there.

E:D is charging full price for half a game. Then charging full price for the rest of it. Yet no ones getting all strung out over it (other than me, I'm pissed as hell). I paid $50 for a barebones Flight sim and then I'm expected to pay another $40 for the rest of the game? Yeah that's not going to happen. But I paid $40 for SC and I'm getting a full space sim plus a SP game. But SC is the one ripping people off?
    Well .. I got my discount for the ED expansion, no questions asked .. Only reason I'm even talking about this is the way you guys talk about SC .. ED is also a released game which is still a lot more than can be said about SC ..
    So you are OK with paying $60-90 for a full game? I sure as hell would not be.

And again, their was a time that ED was not released, remember? Did you shit all over it because of it? Their are THOUSANDS of games that are not yet released. Shall we make preemptive post about how bad they are? Does that make any sense? Neither does trolling (not saying you are but holy shit it's happening at a grand scale) SC because it's not released yet. BTW no fucks are to be given because of the KS release date that has nothing to do with the game we are getting now.
    Well Elite Dangerous was released a year ago .. I can live with buying an expansion now ...
    Bartoni was simply pointing out that ED was a KS game, just like SC is, so talking about something not being released yet is a little early. 

I think the point is that for ED, to get the whole game you are paying for game + expansion (it's B2P). For SC you are buying a ship. In the end, the average paid on a per-user basis is about the same. $90 for ED and around the same for SC (around $92). However, SC is F2P, so their revenue comes exclusively from ship sales. Granted, you're right, ED is out and you can decide whether it warrants more of your money or not. However, there were people who bought into higher-level packages (like $120+) who would get access to all expansions for free. So those people would lose out much the same way SC people will if the game doesn't pan out like they hoped it would. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited October 2015
    Here you can use mine as well.  I joined because with this many haters around this game can't go wrong.

/lol

[mod edit]

Post edited by Amana on

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Gdemami said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Eww. I am glad that people are happy with what they got then. I sure as hell am not. But I'm not trolling ED at all. It was my honest mistake that I didn't look into it more and find out what I was getting. That's what happens when you assume that all the features that were advertised as coming after launch would be included for the full price. My bad, I now know better. It still seems strange (and honestly a little shady) to split a space sim up into 2 parts that have to be purchased separately.
    It is not about being happy, it is about being rational. 

1) Base game inc. expansion = Ł 40 / 80

Great deal for new players and developer, sucks for former players.

2) Base game inc. expansion + Ł10 discount for former players = Ł 40  / 70

Same as 1) just sucks a tiny bit less for former players.

3) Base game + expansion = Ł 80

Fair to new and former players, but otherwise sucks for everyone, especially for developer since it sets the price the most expensive.

4) Base game inc. expansion + free expansion for former players = Ł 40

Great deal for new and former players but sucks for developer.

etc. etc.

There is no solution that will work for everyone involved.
    I'm sorry I wasn't getting what you were talking about. Now I do.

I agree with you 100%. Although my worry is more about value for the paying customer. I could give a shit less how the Devs make out. Consumers should always be the top priority in a financial transaction.

@Erillion I know you are a backer of both games so I will consider your post about more than 1 expansion as the truth. The sad, sad truth unfortunately.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• BrorimBrorim Member UncommonPosts: 91
    bartoni33 said:
    Gdemami said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Eww. I am glad that people are happy with what they got then. I sure as hell am not. But I'm not trolling ED at all. It was my honest mistake that I didn't look into it more and find out what I was getting. That's what happens when you assume that all the features that were advertised as coming after launch would be included for the full price. My bad, I now know better. It still seems strange (and honestly a little shady) to split a space sim up into 2 parts that have to be purchased separately.
    It is not about being happy, it is about being rational. 

1) Base game inc. expansion = Ł 40 / 80

Great deal for new players and developer, sucks for former players.

2) Base game inc. expansion + Ł10 discount for former players = Ł 40  / 70

Same as 1) just sucks a tiny bit less for former players.

3) Base game + expansion = Ł 80

Fair to new and former players, but otherwise sucks for everyone, especially for developer since it sets the price the most expensive.

4) Base game inc. expansion + free expansion for former players = Ł 40

Great deal for new and former players but sucks for developer.

etc. etc.

There is no solution that will work for everyone involved.
    I'm sorry I wasn't getting what you were talking about. Now I do.

I agree with you 100%. Although my worry is more about value for the paying customer. I could give a shit less how the Devs make out. Consumers should always be the top priority in a financial transaction.

@Erillion I know you are a backer of both games so I will consider your post about more than 1 expansion as the truth. The sad, sad truth unfortunately.
    I read somewhere that the average backer spend 98$ backing SC. That is still more than I will have paid for ED and the first expansion. Plus the fact that ED is actually a real full game ..
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    edited October 2015
    We do make referral threads when there is a need and sometimes if we get a request. I'm closing this one and making a referral thread that you can post your codes in as per our usual model. And yes, putting one in your signature is okay.

If I've removed your code, feel free to repost it in the new thread.  

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.