Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fantasy MMORPG inspired by Asian Myth (Sponsored)

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageFantasy MMORPG inspired by Asian Myth (Sponsored)

ASTA – The War of Tears and Winds is a fantasy MMORPG inspired by Asian myths and legends, set in a vast and vibrant world filled with colorful environments and unique characters. The intuitive controls are ideal for both new and experienced players, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in the gameplay experience. To find out more visit http://asta.webzen.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    I want to commend mmorpg.com for making the choice of marking "sponsored" on what is. It's so much better than always being suspects for paid ads. I will make a habbit of viewing those trailers that are paid, as far as I'm concerned.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This game is going to be good.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    BTrayaL said:
    I want to commend mmorpg.com for making the choice of marking "sponsored" on what is. It's so much better than always being suspects for paid ads. I will make a habbit of viewing those trailers that are paid, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm sure they are now covering their butts with a recent FCC ruling about sponsored videos on youtube. Boogie gives a good breakdown of it,
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    edited October 2015
    Wow, this game looks really good! At 1st glance, it looks like a successor of Blade and Soul. That´s only my 1st impression of course...
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Webzen keeps buying them and turning them out.. I don't see anything in this CGI vid to make me think this one will be any better. -click to move-
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    only once do i want to visit this site without wanting to headbang a wal...this game looks good? it was a rendered cutscene/trailer. ofc it looks good, but this is just eye candy. how can anyone in 2015 write that this trailer looked good? we have seen zero gameplay. i just dont get this community
  • FaunNoeFaunNoe Member UncommonPosts: 56
    edited October 2015
    Doesn't look like a game I would personally be interested in due to the fact that I can't play a trailer.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    hope is gud!
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I don't like it.

Some generic cgi battle, no information about the game itself, and mediocre implementation of the sound effects. Eh... I'll pass.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    <--some gameplay video from YouTube. Looks like it's a few years old. I'm not holding my breath, but it does look more polished than some games just releasing.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited October 2015
    I like this new FTC ruling.

Joined - July 2004

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    This looks alright, bad time to launch an asian WoW clone though. what with BD and BnS about to take away 90% of potential players for this game.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited October 2015
    JDis25 said:
    This looks alright, bad time to launch an asian WoW clone though. what with BD and BnS about to take away 90% of potential players for this game.

I don't think everyone loves combo-based games, so while a lot of people might try Blade & Soul and Black Desert Online I think that easily at least 50% will drop those games because let's face it... those games aren't for every MMORPG player. A good example is TERA. You can't deny that it's a good game and, yet it pales in comparison to WoW(talking about player base) and not to mention that it isn't as much combo-based as these 2 games are, which increases their difficulty and might off-put the more casual players.

Tbh I'd be happy to play a WoW clone as long as it's made good and it's not p2w, but I doubt Webzen would ever deliver something like that.

beweress
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2015
    This trend is getting dangerous.

Just like Devilian Online, Asta is shutting down in Korea so now they are bringing it to the West to get one last cash grab before pulling the plug permanently.

Is that what we (the West) are going to get now? dead games? Leftovers? People supporting this crappy trend should be ashamed of themselves.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited October 2015
    lol

This trailer music creates a knockoff of Chrono Trigger's "Wind Theme" up until 0:21, and then steals a near-exact copy of the Final Fantasy Tactics intro song next. At 0:37 the Final Fantasy Tactics song is replaced by another, which at this rate I'm guessing is another steal. Anyone recognize the stolen theme at 0:37?

For reference, Chrono Trigger "Wind Theme":

https://youtu.be/mEoN_Xe-B-s?t=896

Final Fantasy Tactics intro, 0:05 seconds in to match the trailer's 0:21 theme:

https://youtu.be/2Im6eT9dQB8?t=5
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited October 2015
    i played the TH version , and is another wow clone , ! ? for quest , kill that , gather that , following the path , u get skills auto.... and can choose what stats to boost every level , there are talents (2 paths) , the combat is a bit clunky , the animations are "ok" , the graphics "meh"....oh and the game has 2 factions , and is kinda like aion (elyos and asmodians) , the hairstyles are the same even :o

howver the bgs (pvp) looks fun (didnt tried it) , but 0 innovation ...playing u got deja vu's...i think i have played that before...over and over =P
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2015
    Kaneth said:
    BTrayaL said:
    I'm sure they are now covering their butts with a recent FCC ruling about sponsored videos on youtube. Boogie gives a good breakdown of it,
    The law was always in place and i am not a lawyer but i found it to be always pretty easy to understand. The law was so in depth that it even stated that no PROOF of purchase had to be proven,just that intent was there to mislead consumers about the product and the advertisement or as i like to call it "disguised" advertisement.

Disguised should be self explanatory,i should not have to define it fully,basically pretending in any fashion to advertise a product as a non advertisement has always been illegal.

The gaming industry in general has been sliding around the law for quite some time,eventually a lot more changes will come about because this industry operates under dubious standards.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looking at actual game play video,it looks same old same old,stand out in the open killing stuff. Over sized weapons,some silly movement abilities and none of the videos give us anything on game design and depth,we just see players killing stuff,nothing to see here.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    After checking youtube gameplay videos it feels like Archeage. If there wasn't a title and someone asked me which game is this I would have guessed Archeage.
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    3 things I'm certain this game WONT have. 1: Gender locked classes 2: Annoying grunts and spastic voices 3: no grind whatsoever and no RNG systems. ;)
  • DirtyblissDirtybliss Member UncommonPosts: 10
    thought for a second there was going to be a new final fantasy tactics mmo with the beginning music lol
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Seems this game came out just after BnS, it was not as good or popular as BnS then and from looks of it nothing has changed.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Now, if we could only get the Sponsored Users clearly marked, we'd be making some progress.
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited October 2015
    BTrayaL said:
    ^ this. although almost all articles can be flagged as marketing ploy depending on the website. reviews, previews, first impressions etc. IGN and Gamespot are good examples. when it comes to Major publishers they cover their games as well as they can so those publishers advertise in their websites even more among other things. however a no-name company at best will get a review and some small side articles usually. the other day there was a Tera article on this website and i was like "thank god it was obvious advertising and not an article in disguise". i don't even care if it is sponsored or not as long as it is obvious.(it wasn't sponsored i think). it's still way better than articles that pretend they are not marketing and hype you for no reason.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Gretelda said:
    BTrayaL said:
    ^ this. although almost all articles can be flagged as marketing ploy depending on the website. reviews, previews, first impressions etc. IGN and Gamespot are good examples. when it comes to Major publishers they cover their games as well as they can so those publishers advertise in their websites even more among other things. however a no-name company at best will get a review and some small side articles usually. the other day there was a Tera article on this website and i was like "thank god it was obvious advertising and not an article in disguise". i don't even care if it is sponsored or not as long as it is obvious.(it wasn't sponsored i think). it's still way better than articles that pretend they are not marketing and hype you for no reason.
    It wasn't sponsored but it was clearly marked as written by the developer so the bias was implied.