Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question bout Beta

StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

People have been scaring me saying Beta is sometimes america only and I remember seeing this for a few games in the past....

Does anyone know if the fallen earth beta will be limited by location at all.... ::::05::

Im seriously dieing a little more every day with anticipation for this game ::::31:: and now seeing how responsive the devs are, in reading this forum and replying to emails, doesn't it just make you crave to get into the beta even more so you can really give your feedback and do what you can to make the game as good as it can be....

That plus I dont think I would survive all the way untill the retail release without going cuckoo if i have to wait that long ::::06::::::12::

Is everybody else on the edge of their seat waiting for the next tidbit, interview, info release and someday the forum redesign to go live? ::::34::

::::20::

Comments

• DeunanDeunan Member Posts: 17

I am very eagerly waiting as well. But haven't heard anything regarding US only beta or not. Sorry :)

"It's the little things in life." Tech Sgt Chen

• XatrosXatros Member Posts: 24

Heh, I think everyone who regularly checks this forum (And countless others) are always waiting for the next little gift from the gods on Mount Icarus. I know I am. image

And while I haven't read/heard anything about the betas being restricted to the US, I sincerely hope they aren't. A few of the major contributors from the community live outside the states, and I'd rather see them helping out in the beta than sitting on the sidelines.

-Xatros Ketosha

• ZangkZangk Member Posts: 60
    I don't see why they would, they would want as many opinions as they can. (Hopefully) But realesing it only in the states would make me a bit upset, now if thy released it to north america, mabe not. But as i said, they would most likly want to have varied opinions so they can generaly find what works for everyone and what does not. If it does only go USA, than I recon they will be getting many letters and emails full of complaints.
  • DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 173

Hey guys! Back from the ugly world of scafolding. And man was it a bitch! Anyways, beta from what I have heard will be given out according to newsletter sign ups which can be found at their site:

http://fallenearth.com

And as far as location is concerned, I really doubt that they will be leaving out the rest of the world on this. Im sure they will try to reach out and touch as many people from as many different countries as they can. That is the best way to make the game as good as possible due to the fact that each country has a complete different way of thinking from the other. Anyways, time for me tyo hit the sack as I have a 20 story building to build tomorrow. CHOW!

• Staffa22Staffa22 Member Posts: 22

It depends if they make people sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).  Many games that have NDA's for beta limit it to 18 years or older and in the US.  NDAs can't be enforced against minors and are often hard to enforce internationally.  That is why you see the limitations on beta. 

Frequently they will have a closed beta with NDA and restritive invites, then an open beta.