Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 AMA With Ryolnir And Lord!

Comments

• JohnSageJohnSage Member CommonPosts: 3
    Hi

I'd like to know more about the Visual Update Programme

1) will this be undertaken per character i.e. will Jean Grey get most of her costumes re-done before moving onto the next character?

2) will every character be getting the visual update done?

3) how long do you foresee the visual update process taking until full roll-out?

General bonus question: what's the latest thinking re AP3 - I know a lot of people in my group were disappointed to learn there might not be one next year.
  • sadurmsadurm Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2015
    When can we expect the loot table for Raid farming to be fixed?

Currently repeat farming is about a 1% at best to see a raid unique, and there is no other items in the table.  1/500 to get the item you want so looking at 70+ hours per hero and getting lucky to equip a single hero the whole time getting nothing in the loot table aside from that one item.

Also in Axis raid for example you are stuck doing just the third encounter over and over and over and over.  Could there be a MASSIVE increase to the raid loot table, and a reset for the bonus when a full clear is done to encourage people to do the entire raid, instead of just one encounter many hundreds of times?

Myself I have killed Onslaught over 1000 times and have only the slot three unique, I'm one of the more active long term players and I think the way its currently set up is completely unrealistic and should be revamped NOW so the players have something to do while we wait for the content in development.

Huge increase to drop rates of raid boss items, reset encounter bosses when doing full raids to encourage not just doing a single encounter.
  • resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Quake/Daisy, 2016? Yes?
  • PierspradsyPierspradsy Member CommonPosts: 3
    I have two questions Ryolnir and GazLord :)

1. Will we have a Clea enhanced costume for Dr. Strange? Or will Clea will be her own playable someday (aside from being a really great team-up)?

2. For Nova, will we have upcoming enhanced female costumes? Personally I'd like Ko-Rel, Irani Rael, Rael Rider.

Thank you :)
  • KahvehKahveh Member CommonPosts: 3
    Not asking for specific details but can you give us a broad idea of what you're thinking for the Omega review? Any plans on removing or altering some nodes that are just terrible?
    He mentioned December sometime, depending on how other things proceed, and that the next node would be the Space one, whatever it's called.
  • JohnSageJohnSage Member CommonPosts: 3
    Final question: when will next year's playable heroes be announced?
  • TheRealMacAttackTheRealMacAttack Member CommonPosts: 1
    Any chance on an Enhanced American Dream and/or an Enhanced Steve Rodgers and Devil Dinosaur costumes?

• RyolnirRyolnir Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 54

Does the % of players participating in raids match the amount of time spent developing them? 

My opinion is that I'd rather see that time spent on something other than raids.  I'm just not a fan of weekly lockout timers in an ARPG.  D3 feels more rewarding and there are no limitations other than time.

I'm worried that developers have lost connection with the player base and are still making the game they want to play even if it's not the one the players want.  Namely too much MMO and not enough ARPG.
    No it doesn't, but it never really does as far as %-wise for ANY game (it's always a very small number, even for the biggest MMOs in the business).

I think the best use of the raid content is to make 5-man versions that can be enjoyed by all. I think raiding is a good thing to have in a game in terms of creating challenging content that promotes group play, but I don't think using the content for only ten people is necessarily. 

I think that going forward, making raids and then making 5-man group versions is the best bang for our buck, however we achieve that. It lets us make big, awesome sprawling content that's very aspirational, but it also lets anybody experience it. I don't have time to raid as much as I'd like to, so I'd use the 5-man version much more, personally. I know I'm not the only one.
  • ButtSaladSandwichButtSaladSandwich Member CommonPosts: 2
    Any plans for a level 80 power cosmic, or a buff to an existing lvl80 leg to make one a suitable option for hybrid characters? 
  • SadareSadare Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Cant think of any more questions at present, but thanks for doing the AmA here, and look forward to what you have in store for us all. - Vedova :) 
  • ObliviantiOblivianti Member UncommonPosts: 1
    i have 2 questions:

Will you guys be adding back the spider legs visual to superior spider man costume?

is Iron spider ever coming out?
  • ZakertZakert Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited October 2015
    If someone wants to wear a costume rarely seen, what are among the least bought costumes? And if we exclude variants and chases?

Just wanting to give some love to under appreciated costumes. :)

• punggungshaunpunggungshaun Member CommonPosts: 2
    Judging by release of Jessica Jones,will Gaz update her visual by being Luke Cage's summoner ?
  • GazLordGazLord Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 28
    Someone in the forums posted that you said at the Barcade meetup that Mr. Fantastic is the least used hero in the game by far. What will Gaz do to encourage players to play lesser used heroes like Reed, but more specifically him?

Is there any chance we will get his "Maker" costume next year?

All of his costumes have the same model and face. Only what he's wearing is changed with his costumes.
    Regarding Mr. Fantastic's visuals. It is a goal of mine to keep the same face as much as possible. I want the idea that it is the same person in that costume. Not a completely different person. There are always exceptions but expect to see the same face (that face will be different then the ones on the older models) on each costume. 

Mr. Fantastic is especially tricky because he stretches. We have to be very careful what costume he has so that the textures still look good in all forms.
  • mowmowmowmow Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Q: besides the danger room zone, will there be other smaller 5 man dungeons soon?  I have played a lot but some of my friends just don't like doing 10 man raids
  • CommissarSCVCommissarSCV Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Zakert said:
    If someone wants to wear a costume rarely seen, what are among the least bought costumes? And if we exclude variants and chases?

Just wanting to give some love to under appreciated costumes. :)

Just play Reed  :p
  • resivkresivk Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Hybrid characters and energy characters are hurting a bit on itemization again, there haven't been many "Energy" bis artifacts recently, and with normal items catching up to "hybrid" items they are becoming less useful. Any plans to fix this?

Also, can we please get a fix to Doop's Ectoplasm? It's not working as intended, something changed and now it's not possible to keep the buffs 100% of the time.
  • brustemuschibrustemuschi Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @Ryolnir ; Are you done with 200 splinter heroes? It's always been assume you are but a yes or no would be cool.

I hope the main reason you aren't having an ap3 is because you're scaling back on hero releases and going to focus on content. If we get 6 really well done heroes  like kitty war machine and doom. And no garbage fires that need to be fixed over 6 months like winter soldier ant-man and she hulk that's a good thing. This also isn't a question but I hope you acknowledge it.

ps reveal kaine.

• punggungshaunpunggungshaun Member CommonPosts: 2
    Ryolnir,does Agent Venom team up have any chance to go crazy and become a full fledged Venom in combat ? That will be cool as in the comics 
    Psimitar said:
    As far back as the release of Vision, the development team at Gazillion conveyed that the strategy for newly released and newly reviewed heroes would be to release them undertuned then buff them after a few weeks of live data.  However, with the release of War Machine and Cable's review the gap between release and tuning has grown with War Machine's tuning still needing to be done.  Has the aforementioned strategy changed?  Have the priorities shifted towards other things?  And finally, does the development team have any plans in place to help manage the expectations of the community in regard to new (and newly reviewed) hero tuning?
    I know it's tough to wait on tuning or to feel like we're ignoring you, and I'm sorry to War Machine players if you feel that way. I know War Machine is in general incredibly tanky and has pretty good damage, but do note that Cable just finally got another bit of tuning, so the book is never closed. I'll talk with the tuning team next week about his numbers and get back to the WM community at large.

As far as new tuning, I think we should definitely make a statement on what to expect, but I don't know that we'll ever give a true "baseline" on what to expect as there are a lot of things that go into hero tuning, and not every combination of powers for every hero will be equal in every situation (including against a dummy). What's important to us is that all heroes feel strong enough to do any piece of content, and we won't stop tuning until we get there.

As I said before, I think we're closer.

labuha said:
    Doctor Doom Team Up has been locked in a Pay wall for over a year now.

Are we going to get a Doom TU variant that can be bought with Gs or Splinters soon?
    Yes. Or a reward.
  • MrTouchdownMrTouchdown Member CommonPosts: 2
    @Ryolnir

Need an ETA on buffing mah Boi Taskmaster. Please  :3
  • robogorobogo Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hey fellas :)

Since Ms Marvel got her all new all different costume... will there be other tweaks for her? Some of her attacks have a visually very repetitive style and they look plain outdated.

Also, could she get a specialization tree? Say, a brawler spec which enhances her melee powers, an energy spec which enhances her energy powers, and a third one which I can't really think of because it's late! :D 

Also, on a scale from 1 to 10, why is Deadpool's 52 review the best ever?
  • YthikYthik Member CommonPosts: 1
    Are we going to ever see any infinitely scaleable content (a la D3's rift system) added to marvel heroes that would let well geared and talented players push the upper limits of their capabilities?  It seems like designing something along those lines would give you guys a lot more leeway in terms of everything else, compared to the current tiered content, where older stuff fades away in terms of challenge and usefulness.
  • samuliisamulii Member CommonPosts: 3
    @GazLord, any idea what you're going to do with Black Cat's second costume?
This discussion has been closed.