Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Orsinium Is Coming to ESO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Orsinium Is Coming to ESO

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I'm surprised you only mentioned the altered quest and leveling curve for SWTOR. But didn't mention the level sync feature, and companion ability specialization changes.
  • KorthagKorthag Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Every month release DLC not expansion pack and need money,wow. If you release expansion pack i understand but DLC for money?This game route is sucks,zenimax blind for geedy.
  • CambruinCambruin Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I disagree; the DLC is free to subscribers. As you subscribe you acquire crown currency, which you can spend on DLC should you one day decide you haven't the time to warrant a sub. The main game is still completely free of charge, no paywalls whatsoever. That, as far as I know, does not exist in any other supposedly free MMO (Rift perhaps?). Oh well, perhaps I'm wearing rose-tinted goggles, but I'm liking everything I see. So thanks Zenimax.
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Cambruin said:
    I disagree; the DLC is free to subscribers. As you subscribe you acquire crown currency, which you can spend on DLC should you one day decide you haven't the time to warrant a sub. The main game is still completely free of charge, no paywalls whatsoever. That, as far as I know, does not exist in any other supposedly free MMO (Rift perhaps?). Oh well, perhaps I'm wearing rose-tinted goggles, but I'm liking everything I see. So thanks Zenimax.
    ESO is b2p, not f2p.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Been playing on the PS4 for the past month or so, and this game is pretty solid, and I subbed, and will likely play Orsinium. This game need some quality of life changes, though, especially to the group finder. I queue up (no matter what role) I just spend like 1-2 hours in queue, then either am already finished playing, or completely uninterested in the dungeon anymore at this point. Also picked "any dungeon" option as a veteran and got in a couple dungeons just to have everyone be unable to do any real damage to the enemies and we end up wiping a few times on the first pulls before calling it. 

Voice chat being the only method of communication on console aside from emotes and premade messages really sucks, too. I had to turn it off in the area because people were very annoying with music, and constantly saying the same shit over and over looking for groups and crafting help while I was at the crafting stations. You think spam is bad in typed chat? This shit was like nails on a chalkboard.

But whatever, it's super flawed but also incredibly fun, at least in PvE questing (which is why I'll get Orsinium). I don't much care for Cyrodiil/the pvp side of things too much. 

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    edited October 2015
    Biggest news from Orsinium update for me is gamepad support. I've tried PC version with gamepad/Xpadder but didn't work as well I've expected. PS4 version was OK, but I've sold my copy, since lack of text chat is a deal braker for me.
    Post edited by DeniZg on
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Any word on removing the champion point system, or are they continuing to ride the xp pot cash cow? Until then, I'll wait for at least a 50% off sale on crowns and then dlc. Enjoyed the game Zeni, but I got plenty of shiny icons to click on my desktop that don't have a no way to catch up mechanic.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Good to see some of the best MMOs we have going strong, I am not sure content updates are the only measure to mark post launch changes mind you.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    edited October 2015
    Korthag said:
    Every month release DLC not expansion pack and need money,wow. If you release expansion pack i understand but DLC for money?This game route is sucks,zenimax blind for geedy.
    So do you think company's and business's run on air??? So when you grow up and work for a living and start paying your own bills maybe you will understand... Until then, go away.. More content is a good thing for a game that is doing well.... People who have been playing a long time to run out of things to do.. So see this as a good thing.. People like to find the negative in everything... But I for one love gaming... So I wish people who don't would go away and let us enjoy it.
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Lheiah said:
    Any word on removing the champion point system, or are they continuing to ride the xp pot cash cow? Until then, I'll wait for at least a 50% off sale on crowns and then dlc. Enjoyed the game Zeni, but I got plenty of shiny icons to click on my desktop that don't have a no way to catch up mechanic.
    Champion points will be capped at 501 and you will have an increased CP gain mechanic as well, so you should come back on the launch of Orsinium since it seems they have fixed your issues :) As a side not it has been stated the avg CP's on PC per player are 90-ish and on console its 50-60-ish (going off memory but pretty sure I'm close to what was stated) Champion points aren't actually that big of a deal unless you are squaring off one on one or small groups.
  • KorthagKorthag Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Korthag said:
    So do you think company's and business's run on air??? So when you grow up and work for a living and start paying your own bills maybe you will understand... Until then, go away.. More content is a good thing for a game that is doing well.... People who have been playing a long time to run out of things to do.. So see this as a good thing.. People like to find the negative in everything... But I for one love gaming... So I wish people who don't would go away and let us enjoy it.
    My boy i m 40 years old, and i m working, dont try to become smart a$$. This game is B2P not f2p my boy.İ own my house paying my bill. Maybe you try to grow up a little.Expension and dlc different things. You missed the point my little boy, of course i will pay if they release proper expansion pack like wow did, but my little boy DLC (downloadable content) must free, lets say i agree dlc need money, oh my boy this price is fugin expensensive for DLC capeche my little boy.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Korthag said:
    The way I see it, they release much more than a content patch in other MMOs would, and not really that much less than an Expansion would. Imperial City + Orsinium have so much content they'd likely together have more content than most MMO expansions. The only difference is that you get to choose which "part" of the expansion you want to buy. Oh and you're not right either. ESO is P2P/B2P hybrid, though leaning more towards P2P.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    ESO... get rid of veteran levels, and release features not more questing and dungeons. Expand the Justice system, give us dark brotherhood and thieves guild. IC is a start but this new DLC is just not that interesting; typical fluff content that every game these days is obligated to make once the players eat up all the other scripted content.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    lol...morpg still on swotor's nuts 2016...gg

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    edited October 2015
    Korthag said:
    Korthag said:
    My boy i m 40 years old, and i m working, dont try to become smart a$$. This game is B2P not f2p my boy.İ own my house paying my bill. Maybe you try to grow up a little.Expension and dlc different things. You missed the point my little boy, of course i will pay if they release proper expansion pack like wow did, but my little boy DLC (downloadable content) must free, lets say i agree dlc need money, oh my boy this price is fugin expensensive for DLC capeche my little boy.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Korthag said:
    Korthag said:
    I highly doubt it. A mature individual doesn't fly off the handle and start repeating the word "boy" for an entire paragraph. The DLC is included with ESO plus. You can't fit a simple subscription into your budget? You can't afford a one time fee of 30 bucks? Now everything is relative to your income, but the fact remains that when companies go free to play, have to start monetizing different aspects of their game. DDO did dlc like monetization, and almost everything after that has done the same thing for pretty much the same price. This is no different than any other free to play game except you can count your lucky stars the "p2w" is rather insignificant here. If you find this too expensive, FIND ANOTHER HOBBY.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    edited October 2015
    @Korthag

In a 2 year period

Wow: 1.5 small content releases + 1 more substantial 'expansion'. Total : $400+ 

Eso 6-8 large content releases.  
    Paymrnt option 1, no sub, buy all content releases- $120-180. Free to play forever.
    Payment option 2, sub only, get all content for free - $360

Guess what is cheaper and offers better value for money boy.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    JDis25 said:
    ESO... get rid of veteran levels, and release features not more questing and dungeons. Expand the Justice system, give us dark brotherhood and thieves guild. IC is a start but this new DLC is just not that interesting; typical fluff content that every game these days is obligated to make once the players eat up all the other scripted content.
    Darkbrotherhood and Thievesguild are the next DLC's, coming in early 2016 fyi :D
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    $30.00 for a DLC is too costly for the little bit of content Orsinium offers. I have played this game since beta, but with IC flop and now Orsinium looking pretty weak I think I might just put my money into GW2 or possibly (shudder) WoW expansion coming next year.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    NobleNerd said:
    $30.00 for a DLC is too costly for the little bit of content Orsinium offers. I have played this game since beta, but with IC flop and now Orsinium looking pretty weak I think I might just put my money into GW2 or possibly (shudder) WoW expansion coming next year.
    Why not just sub?
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Ghavrigg said:
    Been playing on the PS4 for the past month or so, and this game is pretty solid, and I subbed, and will likely play Orsinium. This game need some quality of life changes, though, especially to the group finder. I queue up (no matter what role) I just spend like 1-2 hours in queue, then either am already finished playing, or completely uninterested in the dungeon anymore at this point. Also picked "any dungeon" option as a veteran and got in a couple dungeons just to have everyone be unable to do any real damage to the enemies and we end up wiping a few times on the first pulls before calling it. 

Voice chat being the only method of communication on console aside from emotes and premade messages really sucks, too. I had to turn it off in the area because people were very annoying with music, and constantly saying the same shit over and over looking for groups and crafting help while I was at the crafting stations. You think spam is bad in typed chat? This shit was like nails on a chalkboard.

But whatever, it's super flawed but also incredibly fun, at least in PvE questing (which is why I'll get Orsinium). I don't much care for Cyrodiil/the pvp side of things too much. 

With this DLC they are adding cross-alliance dungeon finding and the finder will teleport you to the dungeon.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    too bad EA was not smart enough to put ESO's business model into Swtor. Oh well, cant get everything in life, even when paying for it. Still not going back to swtor with its terrible business model.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    DMKano said:
    Gamepad support - nice
    Yeah that should have happened a long time ago, but at least they did it
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Lheiah said:
    XP pot cash cow? hahah good one. Crafted xp pots cost 2k gold in game. That's like nothing. Put it like this I spent 100k gold on mats that made XP pot thinking I was going to make a killing, stacks and stacks of the stuff. I still have everyone of those mats... Cash cows are not made from dirt cheap in game items..
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"