Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark Hamill to Star in Squadron 42 & CitizenCon Videos | Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Let me check:

1. EA is really pissed someone ridicules the publisher model and makes 100M $
    CHECK :p

2. The publisher system paycheck media is really pissed that they don´t get any paychecks - CHECK :p

3. Every other space game MMO developer and their fans are really pissed about revenue loss

4. Every failed laughing stock developer of the 90ies is really pissed that someone made a huge comeback, while no one wants their own shovelware so all they can do is spending a life on Twitter and nose picking

yeah.
    Star Citizen has enemies.
    Lots of enemies.

But it also has a budget.
    Lots of budget.
    And fans.
    Lots of fans.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

As someone mentioned already, this shit will never end. I say black, you say white blah blah blah blah blah.

I love great acting in a lot of games. And yes in certain styles of games, the acting is very important. It also goes way back in games, back to when soundcards replaced midi.

I'm looking forward to playing squadron 42 when its released and I have no doubts that it will be released.

I can't stand the business model of selling ships and crap but its the way of the world now my friends and collectively the blame falls on us for it, right along with $300 sneakers, $200 concert seats $80 t-shirts $120 an ounce facial creams etc. etc. etc.

Why?  well as one of my favorite commercial jingles sais it "Because your worth it"

Salu

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    One thing I don't like, the ships feels like they have no mass... Where is the promised ship physic?
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Keeping promises.

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Nice video. How is the gameplay?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Most of what we saw yesterday was not a video. It was a gameplay demo live on stage from a couple of guys playing the game, using the in game engine. Even the Gary Oldman speech is NOT pre-rendered, but using a high fidelity version of the game engine (more polygons than the standard gameplay).

Arena Commander ... good, needs improvement, fun with friends (its in Alpha, we backers are helping with playtesting and balancing)  - PvE, PvP, ship racing

Social Module .. basic, needs improvement  (nice visuals, not much to do yet)

FPS module ... upcoming (my guess out by the end of the year), can be improved (more players per instance, less animation glitches)

Squadron 42 solo campaign ... upcoming, seems to be quite well underway from what we have seen yesterday

Have fun
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited October 2015
    Torval said:
    unclemo said:
    Hopefully the Citizen Con presentations will shut up Derek Smart and all the naysayers for a while. SC is coming along just fine and today's demo was nothing short of awe inspiring.
    Not in a million years as you can see from some of the ridiculous posts we've seen on these CitizenCon threads.

CIG could open their books, open their entire dev roadmap, open the code up for scrutiny, put live cams in the office, and stream every meeting and it still wouldn't be enough. Some people have a vendetta that will never be satisfied.
    You might be right about a few hard core haters. But I would shut up if CR said somehting like: "We have spent 60M until now and have 30M i reserve yet." That would pretty much close the last issue out there and everyone could move on and DS go yell i a corner.

But utill they give a financial status I will keep on NOT buying into this game. Not throwing my money at a project that might very well die soon if current rumors about thier financial status is right.

They seem to have solved the engine, thus the game is much more likely to be made of win when its done, but that requires them to actually have the money to finish. I know some people see it as a donation, really I could not care if it is a donation, a purchase or an investment.

Not going to put money in something without having enough facts to judge if its worth the money. Simple as that.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:
    Question: What the hell does big name actors have to do with making a good game? It could be no name actors for all I care..when game comes out all that will matter is if it's good or not. good actors in bad game is still a bad game.

I think the star citizens voted for this.  rsi is just listening to the community.   
    Actually they didn't vote for this.  But trying to change history seems to be the name of the game in CIG land.  
    Actually it was one of the stretch goals hence the SC community voted with it's money.

Spiting hate and ungrounded BS is the game for a number of people here.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    Most of what we saw yesterday was not a video. It was a gameplay demo live on stage from a couple of guys playing the game, using the in game engine. Even the Gary Oldman speech is NOT pre-rendered, but using a high fidelity version of the game engine (more polygons than the standard gameplay).

Arena Commander ... good, needs improvement, fun with friends (its in Alpha, we backers are helping with playtesting and balancing)  - PvE, PvP, ship racing

FPS module ... upcoming (my guess out by the end of the year), can be improved (more players per instance, less animation glitches)

Squadron 42 solo campaign ... upcoming, seems to be quite well underway from what we have seen yesterday

Have fun
    Arena Commander isn't good. Hardly anyone plays it and there haven't been any significant improvements for aeons.

Social Module, sure it's very basic... again most people just walked around a bit and that's it. Nothing to do.

FPS Module, not a single thing said about it in CitizenCon... is it still a thing? I know there's dev updates and stuff but no news at CitCon!? Very strange. Maybe they've absorbed it into the PU? Maybe that's not a bad thing if they have.

Squadron 42, looks great if you like movie-like games and stuff... it's like taking Wing Commander and bringing it into the Mass Effect era.

PU looked great but they really need to add more stuff to do in it.... it'll become very repetitive very fast.
    I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll get 1.2 out by the end of the year.

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll get 1.2 out by the end of the year.
    they will - and it will be called SC Alpha 2.0

FPS is in, obviously. It´s even shown in the video

Time to stop thinking about modules, it´s all now in one single developer stream.

https://youtu.be/SrpeLpQWzTk?t=17m1s

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    hfztt said:
    Torval said:
    unclemo said:
    Hopefully the Citizen Con presentations will shut up Derek Smart and all the naysayers for a while. SC is coming along just fine and today's demo was nothing short of awe inspiring.
    Not in a million years as you can see from some of the ridiculous posts we've seen on these CitizenCon threads.

CIG could open their books, open their entire dev roadmap, open the code up for scrutiny, put live cams in the office, and stream every meeting and it still wouldn't be enough. Some people have a vendetta that will never be satisfied.
    You might be right about a few hard core haters. But I would shut up if CR said somehting like: "We have spent 60M until now and have 30M i reserve yet." That would pretty much close the last issue out there and everyone could move on and DS go yell i a corner.

But utill they give a financial status I will keep on NOT buying into this game. Not throwing my money at a project that might very well die soon if current rumors about thier financial status is right.

They seem to have solved the engine, thus the game is much more likely to be made of win when its done, but that requires them to actually have the money to finish. I know some people see it as a donation, really I could not care if it is a donation, a purchase or an investment.

Not going to put money in something without having enough facts to judge if its worth the money. Simple as that.
     Thankfully there's enough people who have the cash to make it a non-issue. You can just buy the game for $75 bucks when it comes out, and work your way toward ships like the others who will bandwagon in; if they release with the quality shown at CitizenCon. 

Personally I don't think it matters how much they have left, more comes in everyday. A few more of my friends are now backers after seeing yesterday's demo. I'm sure they aren't the only ones, and don't worry they can afford it.

In my opinion, it's worth it just to imagine the look on all the mega publisher's faces, when they see what this game is trying to offer it's players. Knowing those same publishers would never dump so much money into a game without knowing they will make double back. CIG is in it to do the best they can, and deliver something players want. They're not just looking for a way to fund the next crap game off the chopping block, like most other companies. 
    edited October 2015

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:
    Question: What the hell does big name actors have to do with making a good game? It could be no name actors for all I care..when game comes out all that will matter is if it's good or not. good actors in bad game is still a bad game.

I think the star citizens voted for this.  rsi is just listening to the community.   
    Actually they didn't vote for this.  But trying to change history seems to be the name of the game in CIG land.  
    You good Sir are liar and a detractor.
    Celebrity actors were :
    1: always part of Wing Commander - Mark Hamill, John Ryhs Davis, Malcolm McDowell and others were
    in previous Wing Commander games since the 90ies.

2: It was a very early stretch goal achieved 17/11/2012 during the orginal campaign.
    4,5 million $ -  : Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

hate on.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :
    1: always part of Wing Commander - Mark Hamill, John Ryhs Davis, Malcolm McDowell and others were

2: It was a very early stretch goal achieved 17/11/2012 during the orginal campaign.
    4,5 million $ -  : Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions.

hate on.

But really is it worth the cost? I can see using 1 or 2 from the original WC but why waste money on actors you really don't need. You could end up using people within the company. I just don't get the waste of money on it.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

But really is it worth the cost? I can see using 1 or 2 from the original WC but why waste money on actors you really don't need. You could end up using people within the company. I just don't get the waste of money on it.
    Because we asked for it.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Realizer said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

Because we asked for it.
    A child can be told NO! Seems like you and CR hate to hear that word. :-D
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

That's a question you wouldn't be able to answer until you actually experienced the game. Ever seen bad acting ruin a good movie or game?

I know I have

And yes acting can be an integral part of a game and yes not everyone likes games with lots of story and acting, but many do and luckily we have variety in the games we can play.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Looks good.

I see the trolls show up in every SC content add post to talk about all the money that's being wasted on content adds.......and then how nothing is been done.   Its the ultimate in circular logic.

"The game will never be made.  Oh they just added something......well LOOK what a waste of money that was!!"  "Oh they just added something else, okay well.....THAT TOOK TO LONG.!!"  Okay uh, they just completed another milestone......errrr, they shouldn't of been working on THAT!!."

And on and on and on.  Its comical at this point.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    edited October 2015
    Brenics said:
    Realizer said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

Because we asked for it.
    If we wanted to be told "No", we would be playing Line of Defense.

Or trying to...
    Brenics said:
    Realizer said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

Because we asked for it.
     I answer your question, and back you go to name calling. Not that I expect anything else from you, you'll do whatever you can to feel like you haven't been making all these posts for no reason. I smell desperation for approval, hmm kinda like a child. So I guess what I mean to say is, right back at ya buddy.
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Distopia said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Wasn't it a stretch goal? I'm just going on what was said earlier...
    It was. $5,000,000 milestone. 

Something that was set by CIG, how is that a vote? 
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Realizer said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

Because we asked for it.
    Nope we didn't, again false information.  We wanted a game, and CIG said 22million was needed.  CIG set the stretch goals, backers didn't ask for anything, nor did we vote on it.  It was forced on us if we wanted the game at all.  I don't think you understand what "asked for" means.  
    Realizer said:
    Brenics said:
    DocBrody said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Celebrity actors were :

hate on.

Because we asked for it.
    Nope we didn't, again false information.  We wanted a game, and CIG said 22million was needed.  CIG set the stretch goals, backers didn't ask for anything, nor did we vote on it.  It was forced on us if we wanted the game at all.  I don't think you understand what "asked for" means.  
     Get your facts straight, CIG asked for $500,000 in the KS, they received a little over $2 million. A stretch goal means, it's a goal for the game, it can only be met if people vote for it (with their wallets). If you wanted them to achieve the goal, you help. If not, you can go kick rocks; that's what crowdfunding is. 
    Distopia said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

It's called "voting with your wallet"

ever heard the term? I know I have

Distopia said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Let me explain this highly complex concept to you, with easy to understand pictograms containing words and a comic character:

and

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    CGI's are neat...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"