Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark Hamill to Star in Squadron 42 & CitizenCon Videos | Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

Comments

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    So that's where all our money went!
    If only Chris Roberts put as much money into the game as he does for its marketing and vaporware ships for sale.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    jcrg99 said:
    Gary Oldman just entered in a category to dispute a prize between him and Peter Dinklage (Destiny) in video-game voice performance, if you know what I mean
    lol

Something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Awards

ROFL, I get it!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Mark Hamill is the win for me. WING COMMANDER RETURNS!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited October 2015
    the most epic scam of all time trololo. haters crying all around the globe.
    DocBrody said:
    10 HOURS performance capture story alone. Good bye Bioware. Good bye EA. Nice knowing you. what did you say, Battlefront has no Single player campaign, no one wants that? okay
    you can say goodbye to Bioware all you like and hate EA all you like (i don't like EA), but Bioware's main strength is in their characters, not motion capturing and they are gonna be always remembered for it.
    Post edited by Gretelda on

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Mark Hamill is the win for me. WING COMMANDER RETURNS!
    Amen brother!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited October 2015
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]
    An epic scam so convoluted that they eventually release the game to rave reviews and critical success. That's when the plot will come to fruition, as they take the profits and pay themselves a competitive salary and take the entire development team out for dinner and beers. Devious.
    Post edited by Vaross on

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I don't understand criticism of big names.  The massive funding of the game afforded them the ability to boost funding in ALL aspects of the game.  They have more than enough money to develop a good game after these costs.  Assuming they have their crap together(which is a big question).

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Have fun

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    When there is doubt bust the hype train out!!!
  • ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Looks amazing! This will be the next big game. And this is just the start!
  • unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Hopefully the Citizen Con presentations will shut up Derek Smart and all the naysayers for a while. SC is coming along just fine and today's demo was nothing short of awe inspiring.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited October 2015
    Many people consider it's story to be a big part of a game. That a game consists of more than watching a bunch of  numbers get bigger.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    All those people that requested a refund will now want their stuff back, but they will now have to pay to get all their stuff back without LTI and they will have noone to blame but themselves, though i'm sure they will still try and blame Cloud Imperium and Chris Roberts.

This is very big news, noone can say the money has been squandered at this point, as previously stated this was no small chunk of change to pull this cast together. I'm personally very excited and glad I still keep my faith and have my LTI, though I never had doubt as Chris Roberts has always conveyed alot of passion, he just has that old school "word is mum" which impatient gamers just don't tolerate these days cause of their self entitlement which coincidentally is the reason they get shit products from companies like EA and others that don't even 1/3 equal the old school games.

Gamers need to go back to being patient and remember that back in the day we had to wait to get quality, it was just the way it was.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Question: What the hell does big name actors have to do with making a good game? It could be no name actors for all I care..when game comes out all that will matter is if it's good or not. good actors in bad game is still a bad game.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Torval said:
    unclemo said:
    Hopefully the Citizen Con presentations will shut up Derek Smart and all the naysayers for a while. SC is coming along just fine and today's demo was nothing short of awe inspiring.
    Not in a million years as you can see from some of the ridiculous posts we've seen on these CitizenCon threads.

CIG could open their books, open their entire dev roadmap, open the code up for scrutiny, put live cams in the office, and stream every meeting and it still wouldn't be enough. Some people have a vendetta that will never be satisfied.
    So very true.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    klash2def said:
    Question: What the hell does big name actors have to do with making a good game? It could be no name actors for all I care..when game comes out all that will matter is if it's good or not. good actors in bad game is still a bad game.

I think the star citizens voted for this.  rsi is just listening to the community.   
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Bingo. 

You can replace CIG with EA, SoE/Daybreak, Blizzard, Trion etc... this still holds true.

There are people who simply have a vendetta against some game companies and nothing can satisfy them.

Ironically the most vocal they are means they have less investment in a game. I see people who are bashing SC usually end their post with a 'haha I was never stupid enough to buy into an unfinished product'.  You can replace that with 'never bought AA founders pack, etc.' as well. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Braindome said:
    All those people that requested a refund will now want their stuff back, but they will now have to pay to get all their stuff back without LTI and they will have noone to blame but themselves, though i'm sure they will still try and blame Cloud Imperium and Chris Roberts.

This is very big news, noone can say the money has been squandered at this point, as previously stated this was no small chunk of change to pull this cast together. I'm personally very excited and glad I still keep my faith and have my LTI, though I never had doubt as Chris Roberts has always conveyed alot of passion, he just has that old school "word is mum" which impatient gamers just don't tolerate these days cause of their self entitlement which coincidentally is the reason they get shit products from companies like EA and others that don't even 1/3 equal the old school games.

Gamers need to go back to being patient and remember that back in the day we had to wait to get quality, it was just the way it was.
    Why?  CIG still have not produced gameplay, there is still nothing new to play.  And most of what CIG did show in terms of actual gameplay, they showed months ago.  

Man the fanboys are funny, citizencon was a meh production that really didn't show or prove anything, well other then that CR spent a crap ton of money making a movie, oh I mean game.  Sadly what was shown was not even a very good movie.  

You can absolutely say that money has been squandered because no game has been made.  Instead of the money going to making an actual game, it went into making CR's a movie.  "top" actors and cutscenes does not a game make.   
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

I think the star citizens voted for this.  rsi is just listening to the community.   
    Actually they didn't vote for this.  But trying to change history seems to be the name of the game in CIG land.  
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

Actually they didn't vote for this.  But trying to change history seems to be the name of the game in CIG land.  
    Wasn't it a stretch goal? I'm just going on what was said earlier...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Distopia said:

muffins89 said:
    klash2def said:

It was. $5,000,000 milestone. 
     https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    DMKano said:
    Torval said:
    unclemo said:
    Not in a million years as you can see from some of the ridiculous posts we've seen on these CitizenCon threads.

CIG could open their books, open their entire dev roadmap, open the code up for scrutiny, put live cams in the office, and stream every meeting and it still wouldn't be enough. Some people have a vendetta that will never be satisfied.

Bingo. 

You can replace CIG with EA, SoE/Daybreak, Blizzard, Trion etc... this still holds true.

There are people who simply have a vendetta against some game companies and nothing can satisfy them.

Well, I am one of the critics.  But that said, CIG is doing a good job of handling some of the critisism. Back in the spring I was not very optimistic about them being able to make the engine they want with the funds they have. They responded with the first good demo, which still left a lot to desire, but it was a step in the right direction. The new demo shows they have the engine pretty much under control.

Current criticism is about the other half of the problem, the financial viability. What they have showed this weekend does not adress this, so yeah, I am still citical towards game, but I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

My point is that what they are showing now is hardly a finished game, so if they run out of funds in the next half year what good does all this do? They seem to abe about half way with teh game, perhaps a bit further, but that still leaves a few years before delivery, and do they have funds for that? It is a relevant question that should interest the backers MORE that random grumpy old men like me, yet strangely, very few seem to want to face the isuue, which could be easily settled with a funds status from CIG.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Distopia said:
    5 mil stretch goal

"Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions."

5.5  mil stretch goal

"Professional motion capture for the Squadron 42 cutscenes."

10  mil stretch goal

"Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio to improve the quality of Star Citizen and Squadron 42’s cutscenes."

12  mil stretch goal

"Build professional sound studios. We’ll move Star Citizen’s sound production from a home office to high tech facilities that will give us access to cutting edge sound effects and Hollywood voice talent!"

14  mil stretch goal

"Professional-quality feature-length “Behind the Scenes of Star Citizen” documentary film."

22  mil stretch goal

"Facial Capture System. We’ve researched a technology that uses a series of cameras to capture real heads and import them into the game. This will let the team more easily create a variety of realistic characters. In addition, the technology is mobile enough to allow us to take it on the road and capture select fans during special events! You can learn more about this technology at Infinite-Realities."

42  mil stretch goal

"Towel – And of course, everyone who backs before we hit $42 million will also receive a towel for their hangar. Don’t explore the galaxy without it!"

Have fun

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Erillion said:
    Distopia said:
    5 mil stretch goal

"Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions."

5.5  mil stretch goal

"Professional motion capture for the Squadron 42 cutscenes."

10  mil stretch goal

"Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio to improve the quality of Star Citizen and Squadron 42’s cutscenes."

12  mil stretch goal

"Build professional sound studios. We’ll move Star Citizen’s sound production from a home office to high tech facilities that will give us access to cutting edge sound effects and Hollywood voice talent!"

14  mil stretch goal

"Professional-quality feature-length “Behind the Scenes of Star Citizen” documentary film."

22  mil stretch goal

"Facial Capture System. We’ve researched a technology that uses a series of cameras to capture real heads and import them into the game. This will let the team more easily create a variety of realistic characters. In addition, the technology is mobile enough to allow us to take it on the road and capture select fans during special events! You can learn more about this technology at Infinite-Realities."

42  mil stretch goal

"Towel – And of course, everyone who backs before we hit $42 million will also receive a towel for their hangar. Don’t explore the galaxy without it!"

Have fun

If that is the case I don't see the problem, as long as the cost was within those ballparks they're covered. SO it shouldn't hurt their overall budget.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    edited October 2015
    DocBrody said:
    10 HOURS performance capture story alone. Good bye Bioware. Good bye EA. Nice knowing you. what did you say, Battlefront has no Single player campaign, no one wants that? okay
    Let's see the Launch first. The other two are Live, this one is still in the " we are going to do this and that and that and that x10000 but we have no idea about the progress or the launch" phase.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"