Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Battlefront Beta: Curse of Star Wars games intact

13»

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    tawess said:
    So... Let me see if i got this right.... You people are familiar with the Battlefield series... You know how they work... You are familiar with the studio and how they operate.... 

And still you expect that they will deliver something that is far outside their regular offerings...? 

Dice does one thing and one thing only... small to medium skirmishes with a lot of instant action. They do not do massive battles nor do they do advanced tactical shooters... So why anyone expected anything else this time i do not know.

With that said this is perhaps the  smoothest game in a long time, even my potato can run it looking good and with a good framerate. Also the set dressing is simply stunning, it is very much star wars like we know and well.. love. 

But it was always intended to be Battlefield in Star Wars clothing and that is what we got... Sorry. 
    I guess you could say that it was always intended to be something very light and quickly headed for the dustbin then. I know they never said anything about it being a big span game, but now that it has been available for use, it is pretty normal for people to compare the actual product with what would have met their tastes regardless of what the saintly truth paragons of marketing have released to the public before that point. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures

Whatever.
    The game will sell like hot cakes. And EA knows this.

You can basically package pile of shit and sell it under SW license and masses will buy it.

It's been done before, they are on a streak. 
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    Whatever.

You can basically package pile of shit and sell it under SW license and masses will buy it.

Whatever.  

You could give some of you a gold bar on this site and you would still find something about the gold bar to QQ about. 
  • tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    NukeGamer said:
    Whatever.

Whatever.  

You could give some of you a gold bar on this site and you would still find something about the gold bar to QQ about. 
    Yup.... Like that gold bar not beeing real gold!

First!!!! Did it died?!!!!

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    I actually liked it.

Course I enjoy some mindless pew pew every now and then; not every game can be deeper than Charlie Sheen's coke addiction.
  • jc234jc234 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Games fun, maybe there be will more depths when it fully releases so till then... fingers r crossed!!

I enjoyed running off group and behind the scenes on Hoth, cause you'd eventually find 5 or more enemies all camping and looking in the same direction. Just imagine that picture for a second and the massacre that follows, great entertainment.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Whatever.

Good. Hot cakes dont sell at all.
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    How can you say this doesn't look fun??

The luckiest imperial soldier in the entire empire (Video)

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    spidii said:
    Yeah pretty lackluster, not worth 60 bucks.
    I like it. New modes also seems fun! I pre ordered it for 30,- and will have some fun. Not that I will play it non stop but need to finish w3 and when syndicate comes I will switch between them and so bf will be a good filler. Some mindless shooting, im not a hardcore fps im more a plants vs zombies gw person :P and the theme is awesome just putted a headset on the beta and it was mindblowing!

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    edited October 2015
    Hmm I don't know I had tons of fun. Also tying the AT-AT on the Hoth map was superb experience. Sure it was kinda hard to get flying controls right but once you did it was amazing experience. I actually think that its a huge fault that Battlefield/front (basically whatever DICE comes up with) doesn't have any single player fly training. It was a huge issue for me to learn to fly a jet in Bf3 for example. I died like a thousand times and watched hours and hours of youtube vids because everyone else was soo good with them, I was being shot down as soon as I got onto the flying vehicle. 

I experienced the same thing in battlefront and it irked me quite a lot. But then i figured it out and became good with it. 

The game represents the feel of battle pretty well. Blasters everywhere, explosions, flying corpses, luke skywalker vs darth vader *_* what not to like really. It's nothing innovative really, but what it is, is a gorgeous handcrafted first person shooter in an epic theme. 

The lack of classes actually felt refreshing, on top of all other shooters having classes. The RNG pickups felt weird and most often than not they were really hard to see. I never got to become Luke/Vader myself. Couldn't find the pickup so i have no opinions there but they really DO feel powerful. Unless you are driving a vehicle you're pretty much ded in 1on1 encounter with them :D 

Idk because it was beta or something, but there weren't any campers. Spawns were too dynamic for anyoen to steak out with the cycler rifle. Plus it was quite slow so if you miss the headshot there is high chance of death. 

tl;dr - I think it's a great game. I don't think its a curse. Saying there is a curse just because you thought so OP is quite silly to be honest. I played Jedi Academy for years. It's still being played even though the engine got open sourced awhile ago. Infact the community fixed a lot of things in the OS engine. If you refer to SWTOR .... SWTOR these days is FAR from a failure. It generates tons of revenue quarter after quarter. If you actually pay in this game (premium memberhsip) it's quite an enjoyable game tbh. 

Battlefront is certainly a step in the right direction as to progressing the star wars IP is affected. Can't wait to experience the other game modes/co-op missions!
  • biscuitsawcebiscuitsawce Member CommonPosts: 11
    ehhhh it needs more content

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    sketocafe said:
    I don't know how DICE's employee list now compares to what it was when they published good games. Maybe they've lost their talent, maybe they have it and have to sit sullenly while EA shits the bed for them. Either way, DICE hasn't proved itself capable of making something like 2142 since they did make it.
    EA does not excessively micromanage successful developers... that is an incredibly stupid way to handle large investments.  It's popular to blame EA for everything, but mistakes made by devs like Dice are mostly their own doing.  I'd blame EA for day one dlcs and excessive monetization, but definitely not gameplay or content issues.  

I'm sure dice still has a very talented team working on their games.  Problem is, said team likely has a much larger collective ego than when they made 2142, player expectation is also much higher.  Probably why developers never stay universally adored by the public for decades.  
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    ehhhh it needs more content

Dont worry they will finish the games content in time, it will cost you another 50 bucks minimum tho.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Looks great but one boring repetitive pill of shit with the Star Wars name.

Guess i'll just wait and see how this pans out https://www.ubisoft.com/en-GB/game/for-honor/  

Leon1e said:
    Hmm I don't know I had tons of fun. Also tying the AT-AT on the Hoth map was superb experience. Sure it was kinda hard to get flying controls right but once you did it was amazing experience. I actually think that its a huge fault that Battlefield/front (basically whatever DICE comes up with) doesn't have any single player fly training. It was a huge issue for me to learn to fly a jet in Bf3 for example. I died like a thousand times and watched hours and hours of youtube vids because everyone else was soo good with them, I was being shot down as soon as I got onto the flying vehicle. 

I experienced the same thing in battlefront and it irked me quite a lot. But then i figured it out and became good with it. 

The game represents the feel of battle pretty well. Blasters everywhere, explosions, flying corpses, luke skywalker vs darth vader *_* what not to like really. It's nothing innovative really, but what it is, is a gorgeous handcrafted first person shooter in an epic theme. 

The lack of classes actually felt refreshing, on top of all other shooters having classes. The RNG pickups felt weird and most often than not they were really hard to see. I never got to become Luke/Vader myself. Couldn't find the pickup so i have no opinions there but they really DO feel powerful. Unless you are driving a vehicle you're pretty much ded in 1on1 encounter with them :D 

Idk because it was beta or something, but there weren't any campers. Spawns were too dynamic for anyoen to steak out with the cycler rifle. Plus it was quite slow so if you miss the headshot there is high chance of death. 

tl;dr - I think it's a great game. I don't think its a curse. Saying there is a curse just because you thought so OP is quite silly to be honest. I played Jedi Academy for years. It's still being played even though the engine got open sourced awhile ago. Infact the community fixed a lot of things in the OS engine. If you refer to SWTOR .... SWTOR these days is FAR from a failure. It generates tons of revenue quarter after quarter. If you actually pay in this game (premium memberhsip) it's quite an enjoyable game tbh. 

Battlefront is certainly a step in the right direction as to progressing the star wars IP is affected. Can't wait to experience the other game modes/co-op missions!
    I didn't say that the curse wasn't recently started. I have played some great SW games over the years. This is typical of the responses that were positive about the game. "I like nothing games because I a) knew it was nothing, b) was ready for nothing, c) am too busy for anything but nothing." Meanwhile if you wanted something more substantial from your favorite IP you are fucked. 
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited October 2015
    Question to the OP: When was the last time Dice made something with substance ?

They specialize in shallow, on rails shooters with plenty of eye and ear candy.

Judging by the figures people are ok with this and happily buy said games. SW Battlefront will sale like hotcakes.
    edited October 2015
    Shodanas said:
    Question to the OP: When was the last time Dice made something with substance ?

They specialize in shallow, on rails shooters with plenty of eye and ear candy.

Judging by the figures people are ok with this and happily buy said games. SW Battlefront will sale like hotcakes.
    Yeah yeah, all is right with the world according to you. I never said that it wouldn't sell. Heroin and AK-47s will undoubtedly "sell like hotcakes" this year as well ... So what, I don't own EA stock.

To answer the question I thought Battlefield 2142 was a game that demonstrated what Dice is capable of making that gives a good amount of replay-ability and depth of game.