Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARK recommended system design

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I have a friend that is wanting to build a gaming machine so he can play ARK at epic settings.  I don't play the game so I really don't know what the requirements would be to hit that mark.  Anybody have some good input for me?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Building a computer for a particular game is usually a mistake.  It's better to build a generally nice gaming computer without focusing particularly on just one game.  For that, the real question is, what's his budget?
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Well it might be best to build a generally nice gaming computer, but that doesn't shed a bit of light on how intensive ARK is at all.  That is the information I am hoping to learn.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited October 2015
    he should wait until game gets more patches as it run badly on pretty much everything (on epic)

epic starts at 3:07

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

@Malabooga

thanks that helps.  With the game running at 20fps on a GTX970 with 8GB of RAM  and a i5 4690k it's req is pretty steep.

So, I will do a bit of research on some particulars and budget, then post about this again.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Whats your idea of "the mark".  Mine is 60FPs minimum preferably 70 to 80.  So there, you have a mark now.