Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for new keyboard

JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87
I mainly play mmorpg's, and the keyboard that I've had for 4 years is starting to get unreliable.  Sometimes the keys don't want to register.  Also it's a steelseries, which they no longer support the software for.

So I'm looking for some recommendations as far as a decent gaming board, and what type of keys to go with? MX red, brown, etc...

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I like the black widow Ulitmate, because its basically indestructible.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm on a Logitech G510 which has worked very well throughout the years.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I second this keyboard!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I have this. After i own razer and mad catz 7 ive said,oh hell, lets do it...aluminium keyboard.

its insane.

Its mx brown
    http://www.tesorotec.com/colada-evil/

10/10. 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I had a G19 for several years, and it still works actually. I don't really recommend it though - the little LCD screen seemed like a really great idea when I was sitting in Ventrilo and such all the time, but support for it is pretty much limited to that and a few other very nichy things. The macro software was nice, and the keyboard was decent enough.

Then I tried an MX Brown keyboard (G710) -- same macro software as the G19, keyboard is amazingly better than the membrane-based G19. It doesn't have nearly as many bells and whistles, 6 programmable macro keys, and I find that's just about perfect for me.

I have a hard time using a non-mechanical keyboard now.
  • darkcentaurdarkcentaur Member UncommonPosts: 39
    G510 is the good one,still using it now.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Get one of them IBM PC/XT keyboards they are very reliable and have tons of features.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    I use the G910 and love it. I previously owned two versions of the Razer Black Widow (the original and the Ultimate with green back lighting) and had issues with bad keys/switches between both.

The G910 is a mechanical keyboard using the Romer G switch (believe its a Logitech proprietary switch) and allows you to customize the lighting of each key.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    IMO, most keyboards are gimmicky and highly proped up by marketing.

Any keyboard will do the job, The only ones with merit are the ones that offer extra keys or features.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This, mechanical keyboards last 10 times longer and also every key on the keyboard is programmable. Nothing beats Razer products. 
  • st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I've had my logitec g15 for probably 10 years now, and have had no problems with it.  
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited October 2015
    Bought a sidewinder x4 back in 2012 and it's still going strong, key are not faded even though it is used everyday.  Took it apart once to clean the inside. Lighting still works goods has some macro keys and was relatively inexpensive, plus has anti ghosting.

Dunno about razer products nowadays but back when the naga mouse was new the craftsmanship of razor was not all that great. Some of the plastic used in their products is cheap and some things are poorly designed.

For example the original naga mouse "which I still use" has a stupid design flaw where the plastic tab that presses down on the actual LMB wears down till it no longer works,  Simply selling new covers to the mouse would fix the problem but razer doesn't do this you either buy a whole new mouse or take the cover off and mod it yourself.  I had to glue a small aluminum cover on the plastic tab that would wear down to fix it.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Anyone use the Corsair Vengeance K70? I've been reading and reading, and it seems like this has the best reviews. I'm also going to go into microcenter and check out the different mechanical switches if I can. Thinking the MX cherry browns are the way to go, because they have some tactical feedback.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited October 2015
    I have the Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Reds. Its very nice. It has exactly the keys I need and none of the ones I don't. Mechanical keyboards tend to be loud. I don't have any mis-clicks with mine despite them being red. I think it might be annoying punching down the keys like a type writer.
    If you get this keyboard, get the one with only one backlighting option. The RGB backlighting option seems to break easier based on the reviews.
  • JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Cleffy said:
    I have the Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Reds. Its very nice. It has exactly the keys I need and none of the ones I don't. Mechanical keyboards tend to be loud. I don't have any mis-clicks with mine despite them being red. I think it might be annoying punching down the keys like a type writer.
    If you get this keyboard, get the one with only one backlighting option. The RGB backlighting option seems to break easier based on the reviews.
    Awesome!! Thanks!  My set up is blue, so I'm a little bummed that the RGB board has bad reviews.  I also don't feel like spending more just for lighting.
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Nitth said:
    IMO, most keyboards are gimmicky and highly proped up by marketing.

Any keyboard will do the job, The only ones with merit are the ones that offer extra keys or features.
    This is exactly how I feel.  I'm using a Fang gamepad and can't find a replacement for it that isn't just a keyboard with fewer keys.  I'm thinking I might have to design and 3D print something to replace it.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Nanfoodle said:
    This, mechanical keyboards last 10 times longer and also every key on the keyboard is programmable. Nothing beats Razer products. 
    ..."And don't worry I'm sure you can get a second mortgage on your home and sell a couple of internal organs you don't need to help pay for the fucking thing..." :p
    Some people just like paying for a fancy sticker *shrug*
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I use the same board, although I had to replace the first one I bought as it would double register about half the kay's.  Logitech replaced it no questions asked and the new one has performed flawlessly for the last 3 years.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...