Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar surprisingly doesn't suck...

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I enjoy the combat and the art style is less annoying than I remember.  The quest hubing and small zones are annoying.  The universal loot tables are boring (nothing to look to farm).  We will see if there are other things to do other than quest as I level..hopefully.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I do find the game much improved. QoL updates are awesome. I dont know what it is, maybe burned out from beta testing it for so long but I am just not enjoying myself. Will push on till I get a few dungeons under my belt to see if they are improved or still just a game where you "just" need to dodge crazy patterns. I dont mind telegraphs but theirs got out of hand.  
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
     I am still only a couple of hours into the game but I  am starting to like this game .  I didn't like  Warrior or Engineer but spellslinger seems pretty cool. I still dislike "action" combat, it just feels like AoE grinding to me.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    I played at release then left to play WoD, which only held my attention for a few months but I came back for F2P and all I can say is, "Oh Yeah, Cupcake!!".  The game is tons fun and carbine is doing F2P 100% right. 
  • neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    edited October 2015
    I hadn't played any MMORPGs in a long time, so I am enjoying WildStar as my return-to-MMOs game. It's not wildly innovative gameplay, but  it  is fun. (For me. ymmv.)

Edit for clarity. (Added bold to "not")

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I'm glad a lot of you guys/gals like it. I wish I could get into the game but for some reason (maybe the combat) I just can't get into it. Combat feels weird and sloppy to me personally, but that doesn't mean it is.

• IkatsuIkatsu Member UncommonPosts: 8
    You're pretty delusional if you think this game is anything new. You can play a ton of other games and get the same out of them as Wildstar, including art style. It kept me interested for about 30 mins.
  • ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Lol.. yeah it doesnt suck because its FREE.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I'm glad a lot of you guys/gals like it. I wish I could get into the game but for some reason (maybe the combat) I just can't get into it. Combat feels weird and sloppy to me personally, but that doesn't mean it is.

Same, I do appreciate a lot of Wildstar offers, even the artwork. But that combat...
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Zeblade said:
    Lol.. yeah it doesnt suck because its FREE.
    Not exactly.
    It doesn't suck (anymore) because in the process of going FREE, the game got improved and brought lightyears ahead of it's former self.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I've been trudging along semi-casually.  Only lvl 32 so far.  The combat is alright, but the art style and theme is wearing thin on me really fast.  This game would've been a lot better if it had some sort of event system like GW2, instead of quest-hubs (which need to die a painful death in mmos).
  • suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Mardukk said:
    I enjoy the combat and the art style is less annoying than I remember.  The quest hubing and small zones are annoying.  The universal loot tables are boring (nothing to look to farm).  We will see if there are other things to do other than quest as I level..hopefully.
    SMALL ZONES??? SERIOUSLY??

the entire game world is a SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD.

you can travel, on foot (or hoverboard) from one end of the continent to the other and NEVER experience a loading screen.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Those graphics though. So bright and everything is moving/flashing. I can't play the game because of the art style. Shame. Wife and I got to lvl 25 before we looked at each other (cross-eyed) and said, "ya, we are done."

Joined - July 2004

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    observer said:
    I've been trudging along semi-casually.  Only lvl 32 so far.  The combat is alright, but the art style and theme is wearing thin on me really fast.  This game would've been a lot better if it had some sort of event system like GW2, instead of quest-hubs (which need to die a painful death in mmos).
    But there are events...
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    www.gamerphix.com  for those that need guides for Wildstar

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited October 2015
    In the spirit of balance and fairness ... and hey because its free if I'm honest... I decided to give the game another whirl. Sadly though I still have to say on the whole I don't much like it. Its just too flashy and comedic to keep me playing. Not to mention that after I've played the game for about half an hour I have to sit and stare blankly at the wall until all the after effects from the strobe light graphics go away, like I've been a victim of mind rape by The Hypnotoad.
    Indeed. 3 years from now, when the game is either closed or on life support, they will look back and say that the art style is what ultimately killed the game. The rest of it isn't all that bad...even fun in some places, but if I hate what I'm staring at, does it really matter? Could they have made the graphics any more obnoxious? I dunno....

Joined - July 2004

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Kilmaul said:
    I'm very much enjoying Wildstar.  Much more so than I was expecting.  The combat is great in my opinion and I don't mind the telegraphs.  I also like the art style and think it goes well with the comedic/"fun" direction they went with the game.  Some of the emotes are classic.

I don't care for some of the over the top commentary they have with regards to leveling up and double kills.  The UI, specifically the quest log, is also pretty bad.
    You guys realize there are addons for this game right?  You can use the curse installer for them as well.  I bought the game when it came out and enjoyed it, but my graphics card was bad and the game was poorly optimized so it did not run well.  I think there is a ton of content especially if you are an achievement hunter.  The training dungeon is this game is a lot harder than some higher level dungeons in other games.  My biggest complaints are there is too much stuff on the screen at times and some of the crafting professions are a ridiculous grind even at early levels.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    It no secret that I am not a fan of the F2P model.  I read threads like this and take away from everyone, "Here's a game I like, but have no intentions of spending any money on."  For all I know some of the posters here might be paid PR trying to get the word out that he game is fun so possibly spending players might try it.  I hope that is the case.  

I had fun with the low gravity mission.  I was intrigued by the explorer missions.  I applaud their efforts of bringing something new to combat.  I know GW2 and someone else did it first. 

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    I'm going crazy with that evedes... To perform it I 1st need to press the ctrl button and then the directional key... what for a lame **** is this... So im moving and I need to stop moving and then start moving again to dodge...
    Apart from that is not as bad as I remember it from beta.
  • unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I hope the game is successful and finds a core audience.  It isn't for me though.  I refuse to play any mmo with traditional leveling, quest chains, and lousy PvP.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Dont like the combat, the art style, the cheap lore, the questionable kindergarden humor, the horrible crafting.....gave the game another try after F2P.....nope

Hodor!

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    the game is horrible. The combat has no feedback or visceral fun, it is just laying down red or green on the ground and dodging red or green on the ground, it is horrible. I cannot stare at the ground all day. The quests belong in the 1990s. The quest pathing belongs in a make-believe world invented to waste epic amounts of your time. 

It is a horrible game. It is a huge backward step in MMO design. It undoes every advancement since WOW vanilla. It deserves to fuck off. 
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I never really had any interest in the game.  I thought they had way over done it with the anime style races.  I also generally prefer Sandbox type games.  But since it was F2P now, and SCL had no Headstart this weekend I figured that I would load it up.

What I found was a surprisingly playable game, that killed a weekend for me (getting to level 10).

Now I think eventually it will wear out it's shininess but as a F2P time killer I thought it was well worth the download.  Yes, there are plenty of annoying things like all the telegraph areas and shapes and generally they just throw so much at you to do that it's hard to keep track of WHY I am doing quest X, Y or Z as opposed to just following the arrow from point to point but that's part and parcel for Themepark games nowadays.  

I was also surprised at how solo friendly the early parts are.  I had believed that this was a throwback to the "harder" days of yore but I have done everything solo so far, including the first dungeon.  Apparently they scale based on # of players.  Again, if I were really into the game that might bother me, but as a time killer, exactly what I needed.

YMMV

So basically what you just said, is the game is terrible, and the only reason you even bothered with it is because it was free. 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    WIldstar feels like another in a very long line of post WoW MMOs that just doesnt do much for me....Its like download, play a few levels, log out, don't miss the game, dont care if I ever play again.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I disagree.

Today, I decided to finally try it for myself. After all, I tried GW2 and was pleasantly surprised after having initial doubts with the game, I thought, What if I miss out on a little gem?

I couldn't decide on ESPer or Spellslinger. I went ESPer. I got to level 3 or 4 I think, did about 3 quests in Leviathan bay or whatever that starting zone is called. and uninstalled Wildstar.

This game sucks.
    Carbine......you should be ashamed.