Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes!

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    I made a visit to the Official forums and i got greeted with some really scary brainwashed and cult like paranoia. It was unreal.

I am Derek Smart according to this forensic linguist:

As you can imagine it went downhill from there. Don't go there, the place is creepy as hell. You either are Derek Smart or they conjure up Derek Smart to whatever you say as an answer.

I think i start writing a book about brainwashed, cult like behavior of gamers. It's a pretty nice subject and there is plenty of material to study.
    Hey, if you're DS at least you're  RIGHT.

So its all good. =P
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I made a visit to the Official forums and i got greeted with some really scary brainwashed and cult like paranoia. It was unreal.

As you can imagine it went downhill from there. Don't go there, the place is creepy as hell. You either are Derek Smart or they conjure up Derek Smart to whatever you say as an answer.

I think i start writing a book about brainwashed, cult like behavior of gamers. It's a pretty nice subject and there is plenty of material to study.
    It's really no different on the other side, say something that doesn't bode with the message carried, and you're obviously a fanboi who is gullible, and ready to give your money away to the first scammer. Same crap different shovel.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    edited October 2015
    Saxx0n said:
    Saxx0n said:
    Madatan said:
    Any update on this? Wasn't the deadline the 5th of October for the apology. I can't find any updates since then.
    I haven't seen a retraction, apology or proof of the allegations presented in the story.

The ball is in E's court.
    Sorry Saxx0n but you are completely wrong. CIG threatened lawsuit if The Escapist did not apologize by EOD Monday. On Monday the Escapist did not only refuse to apologize they also doubled up and raised by saying they will continue to write articles about this and bring forth more sources. So now the ball is in CIG's court and they have to either file suit or tug their tail and stop threatening journalists.

Update: The Escapist, notwithstanding Cloud Imperium Games' notice and posting, stands by its coverage of Star Citizen and intends to continue to investigate the developing story. Since publishing our original stories, we have been contacted by, and are currently interviewing, additional sources corroborating a variety of the reported allegations. Additionally, if Mr. Roberts' offer for The Escapist to "meet the developers making the game and see how we're building one of the most ambitious PC games first hand" remains open, we take the opportunity to accept such invitation so as to hopefully provide the public with sufficient information and opportunity to vet such sources' allegations and claims for themselves. We have also communicated the foregoing directly to Cloud Imperium Games. [source]

They haven't even proven they have a story.

In professional journalism you display proof that can be validated while still protecting sources.
    They don't need to proof anything. In professional Journalism you run with a story if you have 2 verified and corroborating sources. They have 9. This is pretty standard and happens all the time.

If the police has a verified source and another verified source corroborates that story they will get a warrant for arrest and search within minutes.

In any case, CIG threatened lawsuit, The Escapist did nto back down. Now it is CIGs turn to make good on that threat or look weak.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Distopia said:

It's really no different on the other side, say something that doesn't bode with the message carried, and you're obviously a fanboi who is gullible, and ready to give your money away to the first scammer. Same crap different shovel.
    Indeed just take a look at this forum and thread in particular!  :awesome: 

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited October 2015
    Distopia said:

Not true at all-

Scroll up- One of my favorite posters disagrees with my conclusion..
    Jacxolope said:
    Distopia said:

Not true at all-

Scroll up- One of my favorite posters disagrees with my conclusion..
    Then scroll through the whole thread, ;). No I agree you don't come off that way, but many others sure do.

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited October 2015
    Asm0deus said:
    Distopia said:

Because people can see where there could be a problem with the project unlike the star citizen fanatics who seem to think nothing could possibly go wrong with the project.

If blizzard failed making a new game then chris roberts can as well, he isn't protected by some shield which stops him from failing.

Having doubt is natural which some people don't show which is unhealthy in my view.
  • BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

In any case, CIG threatened lawsuit, The Escapist did nto back down. Now it is CIGs turn to make good on that threat or look weak.
    Doesn't even have to be verified, some random dude can call in giving an incorrect address, and they can kick a door in and shoot somebodies dog at the wrong address.  It's all good.  I wouldn't use some depts. probable cause as a supporting example of journelistic ethics vetting sources.

BMBender said:

Doesn't even have to be verified, some random dude can call in giving an incorrect address, and they can kick a door in and shoot somebodies dog at the wrong address.  It's all good.  I wouldn't use some depts. probable cause as a supporting example of journelistic ethics vetting sources.
    Thats a problem with law Enforcement and their procedures...

I totally agree.

Little to do with a vetting process though- 
  • SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Jacxolope said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    Jacxolope said:

@Erillion- I'm not going to make this easy for you-I make my own money and have as much free time as I need so I'll be here...And other places. And Im going to dox you. =P    At some point. And as you can see, im not afraid to be doxxed since I know its coming. I have no financial interest in this mess- Unlike some people I l know....,
    I pity you.

Have fun
    I'm not  a shill dude. 

So fuck you and your pity...Just wait... Only I have no pity for someone like you...

Hey tell Chris he has the street smarts of a fucking poodle... And hes fucking with pit bulls.
    Finally you show your true face you hid behind your polite mask. Thanks for confirming what I initially thought of you.

You behave like said pitbull actually. Does your butt hurt so bad already?

*holds up a mirror*

XOXO
    No,my butt feels fine, hows your wallet feel? Lighter?

If you only understood that im on the side of "lets not get ripped the fuck off" - But thats too hard.

I use Pit Bull as a good example-Want to come rob my home? Wanna see a picture of my dog?I'm sorry for you the money you lost- truly. No games coming. In another 90 days you will be agreeing with me.
    Then use your voice in an appropriate manner worth continuing the discussion. 

I told you before that I can completely understand your situation as an angry (ex-?) backer. Something you never did.

But you are helping no one by calling the supporters cultists or blind people who do not see what you see (that SC is scam, CR is an asshole and we all are ripped off). I say so because you showed no prove but believe a man that is infamously known in the industry for his aggressive and inappropriate behavior and pointing at others faults while not admitting he made them himself. 

If these are the people you look up to then you seem not to have learned from your past experiences with scammers. 

I for myself have worked for an imposter, believed his words, lost money and friends because I did not listen to my gut feeling. That is all long gone and in my past but I learned from it. DS is such a person.

Is or was CR right all the time? No and there have been moments when I facepalmed when he promised dates or such. But that is by far not enough to turn my back at him. I have patience and can wait.

My my wallet does not feel lighter because I spend money that otherwise would have been used on parties or things that are not sustainable and only momentarily. 

Asm0deus said:
    Distopia said:

Oh i totally agree with you that both sides have fanatics but the cult like paranoid behavior is very unique to the "fan" side. I have never seen anyone from the other side make outrageous claims like the one i posted. Sure they call people white knight or gullible but there is a difference between calling someone a white knight and dismissing his arguments and showing clear signs of delusion, paranoia and cult like hatred for anyone not agreeing with you.

There is no icon of hatred like Derek Smart that is used to focus all the cults hate and fear. There is no infallible god like figure from which every word is considered the truth and law. There is no clear disregard for facts and reality.

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

AnnaTS said:

Because people can see where there could be a problem with the project unlike the star citizen fanatics who seem to think nothing could possibly go wrong with the project.

If blizzard failed making a new game then chris roberts can as well, he isn't protected by some shield which stops him from failing.

Having doubt is natural which some people don't show which is unhealthy in my view.
    I've still yet to see very many ( basically more than one, who I will not name). Carrying such a message, most realize something could be wrong. Yet realize before arguing that something is wrong, there should be some kind of proof of it, more than a he said she said allegation..

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Jacxolope said:

Little to do with a vetting process though- 
    Yea because I failed at quoting 101, it took the wrong passage I highlighted.   my fault

BMBender said:

Oh yeah, being European, i forgot the US is a police state where Habeas corpus has been suspended and everyone can be arrested even without a source.

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

edited October 2015
    Jacxolope said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    Jacxolope said:

@Erillion- I'm not going to make this easy for you-I make my own money and have as much free time as I need so I'll be here...And other places. And Im going to dox you. =P    At some point. And as you can see, im not afraid to be doxxed since I know its coming. I have no financial interest in this mess- Unlike some people I l know....,
    I pity you.

Have fun
    I'm not  a shill dude. 

So fuck you and your pity...Just wait... Only I have no pity for someone like you...

Hey tell Chris he has the street smarts of a fucking poodle... And hes fucking with pit bulls.
    Finally you show your true face you hid behind your polite mask. Thanks for confirming what I initially thought of you.

*holds up a mirror*

XOXO

If you only understood that im on the side of "lets not get ripped the fuck off" - But thats too hard.

I use Pit Bull as a good example-Want to come rob my home? Wanna see a picture of my dog?I'm sorry for you the money you lost- truly. No games coming. In another 90 days you will be agreeing with me.

I told you before that I can completely understand your situation as an angry (ex-?) backer. Something you never did.

But you are helping no one by calling the supporters cultists or blind people who do not see what you see (that SC is scam, CR is an asshole and we all are ripped off). I say so because you showed no prove but believe a man that is infamously known in the industry for his aggressive and inappropriate behavior and pointing at others faults while not admitting he made them himself. 

If these are the people you look up to then you seem not to have learned from your past experiences with scammers. 

I for myself have worked for an imposter, believed his words, lost money and friends because I did not listen to my gut feeling. That is all long gone and in my past but I learned from it. DS is such a person.

Is or was CR right all the time? No and there have been moments when I facepalmed when he promised dates or such. But that is by far not enough to turn my back at him. I have patience and can wait.

My my wallet does not feel lighter because I spend money that otherwise would have been used on parties or things that are not sustainable and only momentarily. 

Hey man, when I call supporters "cultist's"I dont mean  all supporters"

-I'm not a backer at all. Not an angry ex backer or anything.I knew this was a scam since day 1 (or at least a pipe dream). When I was going after GM I received tons of PMs  which led me to decide to fight this without having  personal agenda (which I did with GM)- 

I'm doing whats in my heart. lot of hard working people are going to lose money here .Its predatory- Well, im a predator.  So Im doing what I feel is right. Thats it. I'm no pillar of morality, which makes me great for finding shit out- I found shit out. This game isnt happening.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    CrazKanuk said:

The problem is that the quality is a major part of the process. 

Trust me, the last thing that I'm trying to do is throw poop at someone for attempting to make a logical argument. Generally, yes, you're right. Derek Smart has made games, therefore we'd make the assumption that he knows how to make a game. However, in that same vein of logic, we could argue that Chris Roberts has also made games, so between the two there is very little difference. CRs biggest downfall has always been ambition. 

Chris has already said previously that he thinks it will take $100 million to make it (someone can probably find a source for this). So, yes, I think they probably do need it. I'm sure they have enough money to get them to where they need to go, but for polish and flashy, they probably need more. Collectively, their game has more people invested in it than, probably, 99% of mmos (if we are to believe that nearly 1,000,000 people have backed it). So a conference isn't all that illogical. 

I can see why people are suspicious, too. Actually, I think it was GeezerGamer who said he was on the fence, and I told him, outright, that I wouldn't be backing it in the current climate, and I'm sure you'd find I'm a stalwart defender of crowdfunding in general, and I'll openly admit to being a CR fan.
    My previous response to your post probably came off more antagonistic than I intended.  I know we've argued about games before (Destiny being one), but I've never seen you post things without fair thought to the issue.

But I feel I have to interject here: i've mentioned twice now two games that were made on a smaller budget in roughly the same time frame as SC's development cycle so far.  These were incredible games developed, tested, and released for less.  They were quality games, and if it were Blizzard developing WoW decade ago, they'd already be at a closed beta (feature complete) at the very least heading into this winter.  Now, unless CR has purposefully been holding back massive amounts of progress for CitizenCon (possible, but there have been no hints i've seen at a groundbreaking reveal), you have to start doubting the progress on this game for the time and money invested.

If they do reveal this groundbreaking progress, i'll be the first to admit CR played the PR game well here.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Jacxolope said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    Jacxolope said:

I pity you.

Have fun
    I'm not  a shill dude. 

*holds up a mirror*

XOXO

Hey man, when I call supporters "cultist's"I dont mean  all supporters"

-I'm not a backer at all. Not an angry ex backer or anything.I knew this was a scam since day 1 (or at least a pipe dream). When I was going after GM I received tons of PMs  which led me to decide to fight this without having  personal agenda (which I did with GM)- 

I'm doing whats in my heart. lot of hard working people are going to lose money here .Its predatory- Well, im a predator.  So Im doing what I feel is right. Thats it. I'm no pillar of morality, which makes me great for finding shit out- I found shit out. This game isnt happening.

I would DEFINITELY agree it's a pipe dream. It's a selfish pipe dream at that. We know what happened with Freelancer, but we're 12 years into the future now and he's still thinking about making this game? I don't think it's a con at all. I think he legitimately wants to make the game that's in his head. Whether that's possible or not is up for debate. At very least I'm assuming we'll get Freelancer 2 or Elite Dangerous. I mean that'd be a shame, but I think saying that the game isn't happening defies logic. 

I've mentioned it before in this thread, the money remaining right now is actually less than what Chris Roberts' net worth would have been before embarking on this project. Maybe it's just me, but what's the motive behind it? I can definitely see his motivation being that he's an ego-driven maniac and wants to create the most revolutionary game in history. That makes sense to me. Doing it for the money.... meh.... just doesn't fly. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Distopia said:

You try an talk reasonable AnnaTS but it pretty clear you only hear what you want to hear and ignore everything else.

There nothing wrong with having doubts and speaking up about them, I am all for that.  What I was alluding to, same as Distopia I believe, is that there fanatics on both sides and people unwilling to admit there are said fanatics on both sides.

From what I have seen you post, sadly I feel you are unable to see where you stand in this which is pretty much why I had stopped replying to you.

You seem to only see the SC fanatics and nothing and no one else.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited October 2015
    Distopia said:
    AnnaTS said:

I've still yet to see very many ( basically more than one, who I will not name). Carrying such a message, most realize something could be wrong. Yet realize before arguing that something is wrong, there should be some kind of proof of it, more than a he said she said allegation..
    I think the progress what chris roberts is making is probably speaking a lot for what it is, that is where peoples suspicions are coming from.

If the Fanatics can't see that, let them stay in their own bubble and carry on thinking nothing could possibly go wrong.
    edited October 2015
    Asm0deus said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Distopia said:

You try an talk reasonable AnnaTS but it pretty clear you only hear what you want to hear and ignore everything else.

There nothing wrong with having doubts and speaking up about them, I am all for that.  What I was alluding to, same as Distopia I believe, is that there fanatics on both sides and people unwilling to admit there are said fanatics on both sides.

From what I have seen you post, sadly I feel you are unable to see where you stand in this which is pretty much why I had stopped replying to you.

You can tell who the fanactics are they stand out pretty clear, never said everyone in this thread is a fanatic.

I see people like to twist things so they can use it in their argument.

Go look at my post history i was talking to you the other night but you obviously don't remember a thing i said. lol

Yes i am suspicious, like i said before if it was me in chris roberts shoes and someone was saying things about my project and everything was fine i would have no problem showing proof.
    AnnaTS said:
    Asm0deus said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Distopia said:

You can tell who the fanactics are they stand out pretty clear, never said everyone in this thread is a fanatic.

I see people like to twist things so they can use it in their argument.
    I don't get what you were trying to say with your post? 

Distopia made a comment about there being fanatics shoveling stuff on both sides, I quoted him showing I agree and you came on with a semi rant about SC fanatics.

What exactly were we suppose to take from that?

We already know there are level mind people on both side of the equation which is why we are pointing out there are fanatics on both side as well.

I know there are fanatics in SC some are quite nutty IMO but I also think there are some of the same fanatics in the other "SC will fail, it's a scam camp".

Practically every single post I have seem from you is trying to convince us there only SC fanatics in the SC forums, granted there are more than here perhaps which is normal as it the official SC forums, that the game is circling the drain and pretty much a attempt at subtle doom posts.

YET I have not seen you once address the "it's doomed fanatics" position and how some of them are doing the very same thing as SC fans, with there heads in the sand, but from the other side of the spectrum.

Tell me what are we suppose to think or get from your posts?

edited October 2015
    Pretty obvious what the point i have been trying to get across, don't believe everything a guy tells you over the internet as the truth, plus it's ok to have doubt which some people haven't shown any doubt, they just keep defending Chris and attacking Derek Smart and the arcticle as nothing could be possibly be going wrong at Star Citizen.

I thought it was obvious in my posts, but obviously that message isn't getting across to some people.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

I've run into similar behavior; some have been this way pretty much since February 2013.  It isn't fun.  Best thing is to just stay out of the way.  They've made their bed.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• BaraoNegroBaraoNegro Member UncommonPosts: 2
    After reading almost those 81 pages, i have one thing to "say".

You guys give too much credit to Derek Smart.

Even after the 5 page letter from Chris Roberts with so much info in it. Sure, if you can read between the lines. Like:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

If you go to the second page, fourth paragraph second line... There it is.

CIG aknowledge the existence of the ex employees. There are no frabrications. 

Maybe Escapist should work better on her article, investigated better, but now say it's all lies and they are in reality working for Derek Smart or with him? Come on!

I am a backer, but i can see there is something fishy going on. There is only ships being realese these days. I think what Kevin Dent said is all true.

http://kevin-dent.squarespace.com/blog/2015/10/4/star-citizens
    AnnaTS said:
    Pretty obvious what the point i have been trying to get across, don't believe everything a guy tells you over the internet as the truth, plus it's ok to have doubt which some people haven't shown, they just keep defending Chris and attacking Derek Smart and arcticle as nothing could be possibly be going wrong at Star Citizen.

I thought it was obvious in my posts, but obviously that message isn't getting across to some people.
    The thing is that is ALL you have been saying and nothing else. Also you do not address the point others have made that  the same can be said about the anti SC fanatics and for the very same reason you just pointed out.

Another thing what does that have to do with there being fanatics on both side of the spectrum?  I'm not a young whipper snapper, I have been on the web since if first became a thing, I have seen scams a plenty myself so please understand it becomes annoying some someone keeps spouting the same wisdom that really should be common knowledge that you can't believe everything on the internet.

Also did you know you can't believe everything on TV either! SHOCKER!!!

You seem to think for us to know this we have to agree with every thing you say and just go on about SC fanatics and only them.