Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes!

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Read the article, the Escapist Magazine confirmed their sources and confirmed that they were indeed former employees, though they have chosen not to disclose their names for obvious reasons.
    That doesnt mean the employee can actually prove the stuff they are saying.  How does an average employee know where the money comes from to buy a plane ticket?  Did they see Sandi using a Cloud Imperium credit card?  This is just more "internet journalism" where you dont care about facts, just what people are saying to provide clicks.  Think about what a person you fire is going to say about you.  Since they worked for you, would that make what they are saying as a fact?  Got an Ex who says you have small junk?  Guess its true since she was your Ex. 

Typical internet journalism where facts mean nothing.  GIVE ME CLICKS!!!!!!  I dont read the Escapist and I can honestly say that I probably never will. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited October 2015
    Thourne said:

Jason Evangelho ,

Contributor for Forbes

[UPDATE 2: An army of Star Citizen fans have predictably started attacking me for writing this article. Bear in mind that I'm simply reporting on a report, and liberally using words like "allegations" and "claims." However, many of you seem content to discard these allegations as false simply because Roberts says they're false, which is more disturbing than any claims contained in this article.]

Shame on you Erillion

Um am I missing something?
    At the time he posted that the story showed 5 comments in the comment section. 2 of them were him.
    ...is that an army?

The fact that the SC extremists are attacking someone for reporting on another report....

Not gonna touch this game with extremists like that infesting it.

SC potentially has a shot of having a more toxic community than Eve does.

Now that is an accomplishment.
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    You quoted me without answering my question, so I will ask it again.
    Do you consider 5 comments, only 3 from persons other than the writer an army?
    I don't.

• CybersclongCybersclong Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Bellomo said:

Chris Roberts do the right thing and take your money and run ... you owe nobody anything!!

Enjoy your new house and new cars and just give up on the game it will never meet a multimillion-dollar standard.  Instead of looking like a asshole then just take off to Mexico now and come back in a year and everyone will have let it go by then.       

Awesome

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited October 2015
    Thourne said:
    You quoted me without answering my question, so I will ask it again.
    Do you consider 5 comments, only 3 from persons other than the writer an army?
    I don't.

He never mentioned how he was being attacked. For all we know he could be getting emails. But continue on filling in the blanks with your assumptions.

Hence, no answer was needed. And I already knew you had an answer in mind. Being that your assumptions fit the narrative you are trying to portray.

I just did what he did, reported on what someone else said. And here we have someone questioning the messenger.

Shame on you for attacking the man.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Lol, Mr Roberts and his harem of bedroom fans are looking more stupid day by day. I find this whole thing very entertaining, time to grab some more popcorn.
    Lol, Mr Roberts and his harem of bedroom fans are looking more stupid day by day. I find this whole thing very entertaining, time to grab some more popcorn.
    lol Thats exactly how i feel, its comical at this point
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    What assumptions?
    I find it points to the credibility of the writer and therefore want to know what he is referring to.
    As of right now there are roughly 20ish total comments.
    Yes maybe he got emails maybe he didn't you are operating on your assumptions are you not?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited October 2015
    Erillion said:
    Well now....

This poor fellow just wants to keep his job so he can feed his kids and his Grandma.

Naturally he's being coerced into saying nice things about his employment and Star Citizen.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    I find it hilarious that CR responded to the escapist article with the Chewbacca defense, and fanbois are like, "derp derp, sounds legit."
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    edited October 2015
    Torval said:
    In this response he explains that the original article is bullshit "journalism" by Escapist - a rag that is ass deep in "gamergate". That publication has about as much journalistic integrity as IGN or Kotaku. It's sad that the industry has such a void this is concerned.
    Even if that's true (the truth is more complicated than that about Escapist btw) the speed and tone of the response is pretty telling.  Star Citizen needs fan boy's pumping money into it every month to keep the project alive.  There is a very real possibility that Star Citizen doesn't have the cash to finish the game they have promised or even deliver all the concept ship's they have sold without future funds.  They need people buying ships and believing in the project to do that.  Robert's basically said that in his original response if you read just a little between the lines.  CIG's worse nightmare is people doubting the project because as soon as that happens this whole thing comes crashing down and they end up with millions of dollars a month of expenses with no new revenue coming in to cover it.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    edited October 2015
    This article by the escapist will CLEARLY cause damages tro CR and CIG to procure funding. IF any of it is untrue, the sources have not been vetted and all of it ran by the legal dept- Chris roberts could easily sue for real monetary damages.

Escapist knows whats going on- Even more than they are currently willing to print because they are treading carefully.

-More to come...

-have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erillion, tell CR to take action.Please... Please...

edit- Tell him the walls have ears too... =P

Just because you're paranoid dont mean they arent watching you ;)
  • WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Jacxolope said:
    This article by the escapist will CLEARLY cause damages tro CR and CIG to procure funding. IF any of it is untrue, the sources have not been vetted and all of it ran by the legal dept- Chris roberts could easily sue for real monetary damages.

Escapist knows whats going on- Even more than they are currently willing to print because they are treading carefully.

-More to come...

-have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erillion, tell CR to take action.Please... Please...

edit- Tell him the walls have ears too... =P

Just because you're paranoid dont mean they arent watching you ;)
    Ignore the fact that Lizzy, the author of that article, is associated with gamergate, which Derek Smart is also associated with. In fact, they've been at gamergate gatherings together.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    *** hands out the marshmallows ***

*** and some pointed wooden sticks ***

Have fun
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Jacxolope said:
    ... and CIG is not suing, even though many say it is cause for doxing and libel... so why arent they defending themselves in court?

Money? Time? Impossibility to provide proofs that all is well and everything is according to plan?

I will let people answer this one.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Hmm... The Escapist also. This is no lightweight publication and they do have reasonable journalistic ethics guidelines http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/12223-The-Escapist-Publisher-Issues-Public-Statement-on-Gamergate.5

It's getting harder to ignore the smoke and not think that there's fire in there somewhere.
    Reasonable journalistic ethics? Prove it. They are so ass deep in gamergate it's not funny. There is no publication in the industry that meets journalistic integrity guidelines.
    Prove what exactly? My sense that they have integrity? That's just my sense from reading them over the years. You obviously don't think much of them but I doubt you can furnish "proof" any more than I can.

How about Forbes? They've also posted about this today giving The Escapist's report a lot of weight.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Jacxolope said:
    ... and CIG is not suing, even though many say it is cause for doxing and libel... so why arent they defending themselves in court?

Money? Time? Impossibility to provide proofs that all is well and everything is according to plan?

And the Feds are not busting down the doors yet?

Must be:

"Money? Time? Impossibility to provide proofs that all is well and everything is according to plan?

I will let people answer this one."

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Jacxolope said:

They cannot and will not answer for this beyond bullshit reasons.

All;they can dois talk, talk , talk- because once they take action this whole thingh blows wide open.

Erillion- You gunna have that popcorn out once you're doxxed and people find out who you are and your associations and such? 

man, you seem awful calm and confident my friend.

We will see...
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Star Citizen

Jacxolope said:

Erillion- You gunna have that popcorn out once you're doxxed and people find out who you are and your associations and such? 

Still have that popcorn ready ;-)

Have fun
  • DetcelferDetcelfer Member UncommonPosts: 50
    The response from people who barely even follow this game is always the same and typically, in my view, shows more jealousy for those with money to spend freely than any critical understanding of what is actually happening here.  For those of us who regularly check in on the forums and watch devs discuss in detail on what is happening knowing that Chris Roberts and Co. are keeping a completely open dialogue with their funding crowd, understand that because this has never been done before, there will be bumps in the road.  However,  if it succeeds, will be one of the greatest leaps in video game history.  Acting as a fully realized and fleshed out space simulator backed on the most expensive crowd funding video game project in history all the while pushing video game technology in ways never attempted. 

The recent leaks of art content, the show casing of their multiplayer actually working during in house testing, and much more shows me that the odds of much of their lofty goals will be reached...  but it certainly won't please everyone out there.  Their new social module is one of the best looking futuristic cities to date and if that is a sign of things to come...  we have a lot to look forward to.

Neither you nor I have any idea what they are doing or not doing.

Contrary to The Smarty CIG is not posting such things to everyone on the internet.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Jacxolope said:

Still have that popcorn ready ;-)

Have fun
    Me too-

permission to doxx then?

Jacxolope said:

permission to doxx then?

Its still a NO.

Doxxing is illegal.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Jacxolope said:

permission to doxx then?

Its still a NO.

Doxxing is illegal.

Have fun
    Not if you agree to it-

But regardless, thats cool- All will be known in good time.

Right now it seems like we're setting the timeline unless you guys wanna push things? looks to me like all you've done is try to put out fires, lie, spin and redirect for quite some time now.
    And man, new fires to fight on a near daily basis- and alot more to come.

-You have fun too bro- 

I cannot wait to see that 'devil may care' nonchalant attitude of yours once the fun really gets started.