Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too MMO, Or Just MMO Enough?

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageToo MMO, Or Just MMO Enough?

Last weekend Lock was lucky enough to try out The Division, a new

Read the full story here

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    How about not an MMO at all. . .you know, like the developers said themselves years ago???
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Who is thinking on Mr.Bean while watching this video?
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    System said:
    imageToo MMO, Or Just MMO Enough?

Last weekend Lock was lucky enough to try out The Division, a new

Read the full story here

how about just not enuff imagination and hard work..eveything is poorly made with little or no pride in what they do
    :p
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    that not a mmorpg or mmo that a fps game ( shooter ) are you that blind for dont know anymore what a mmorpg are ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    So they dropped one of the most interesting features that I have seen in ages because of "an imbalance in competitive play"? That is a hugely telling sign that this game is NOT "meant" for the MMO crowd, and is, instead aimed squarely at the CSGO crowd. My interest is quickly waning. T
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    that not a mmorpg or mmo that a fps game ( shooter ) are you that blind for dont know anymore what a mmorpg are ?
    Its an open world online rpg/shooter with trinity mechanics for group gameplay. It has dungeons like Police stations and whatever else modern day facilities/buildings/sewers. And looting.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    I feel an Ubi-faceplant coming...
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Millions of people are playing Destiny as I'm typing this, while The Division looks way more interesting (to me). I think Ubisoft might positively surprise us, as long as it provides enough story and content (unlike vanilla Destiny).
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    For years, gaming sites have been trying to pigeonhole this as an MMO, despite Ubisoft always being careful not to go there at all in every interview. It's weird.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Nothing massive about this game. It's all small group PvE and PvP.
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    i hate the lack of raids in some games focus on group content fine but comeplete lack of even smalll raids ? ewwww
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I really want to Like this game, but I have a sneaky suspicion that its going to fall flat on its ass. Echoes of Blizzard's Titan project here, too much delay gives the impression that they are struggling to make it "fun", and keep reworking and tinkering....
  • TimesplitTimesplit Member UncommonPosts: 191
    mmoguy43 said:
    Nothing massive about this game. It's all small group PvE and PvP.
    This. I don't understand why some people try to pin MMO on it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Whatever it is, I'm interested in it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED