Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uppon returning

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
its been 18 months since release, and i enjoyed the game toroughly for a few months after release... Getting one character to max level and seeing most of the world..

back then i was hopefull that there would be a continous stream of new content, but while the game has become much more stable, where is all that new content?  No new areas to explore. No new skillines to dig into.

Sure you can steal stuff now. And the Imperial city has finally been added, but what happened to new promissed monthly content? 

Still some of the unballance is still there in PvE, the best healer will always be a templar, because he is the only class with real non weaponbased healing. Same probably goes for dragon knights when it comes to tanking.

i hope they will start adding more skilltrees, areas and dungeons/raids soon... Because combat and questing/content was actually quite amusing...  And no, i didnt mind the VR levels, as i tend to play from story to story instead from level to level and finish the day with an hour or so PvP...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• mmogamerlovermmogamerlover Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited September 2015
    Well they launch DLCs in quarters now. Thats 4 dlcs a year, with a free patch/minor additions for everyone else.

So the study stream of content is kinda there...but its a shell of what it used to be back when the game was subscription based and thats sad. When the game went B2P they stopped adding monthly content.

Still, as long as the content is fun i wont complain. You dont have to pay for it if you dont like it.

BTW the next DLC is coming around October, its the new PVE area Orsinium. In case you wanted  to know.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'll really be surprised if they manage to pull off 4 dlcs a year.  I don't think they've kept to any schedule for long.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Quarterly updates are what most games have been doing recently at least.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited September 2015
    Well they launch DLCs in quarters now. Thats 4 dlcs a year, with a free patch/minor additions for everyone else.

So the study stream of content is kinda there...but its a shell of what it used to be back when the game was subscription based and thats sad. When the game went B2P they stopped adding monthly content.

Still, as long as the content is fun i wont complain. You dont have to pay for it if you dont like it.

BTW the next DLC is coming around October, its the new PVE area Orsinium. In case you wanted  to know.
    Really? They do?

They said they WILL, but they also said they WILL have monthly content updates.

So what they say and what they do havent been the same until now so ymmv.

And where did you get that next DLC comes in October? December is nowhere "near october". And thats an "if". But whats 99.9% sure is that it aint october.
  • mmogamerlovermmogamerlover Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited September 2015
    Malabooga said:
    snip
    Really? They do?

And where did you get that next DLC comes in October? December is nowhere "near october". And thats an "if". But whats 99.9% sure is that it aint october.
    Jeesus dude, why are you on attack mode?

They said they would have monthly content updates, when the game usted to cost $15 a month (and they did have monthly updates.) After the game went B2P they had to change their system (probably because they needed a more efficent way to get money.)

Also im pretty sure Orsinium is coming out near October. Thats what i thought i heard. Maybe im wrong.

Peace out.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Malabooga said:
    snip
    Really? They do?

Jeesus dude, why are you on attack mode?

They said they would have monthly content updates, when the game usted to cost $15 a month (and they did have monthly updates.) After the game went B2P they had to change their system (probably because they needed a more efficent way to get money.)

Also im pretty sure Orsinium is coming out near October. Thats what i thought i heard. Maybe im wrong.

Peace out.
    And you? In pitch sales mode?

They had mothly updates? rofl, yeah, first month.

Of course they changed a system, and inthe process didnt have any content updates in over a year. And guess what? for most part they still wanted 15$/month to play it.

If youre hearing things you should go and see a doctor.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    I want to like this game.  but I cant get passed lvl 15.  I've tried many times.  it's a nice solid mmo.  it just doesn't have a hook.  why am I playing it?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Nothing else interesting to play I guess.

I'm lvl 36 atm and it's the first mmo I'm playing for short burst of hours. Sometimes I don't even log because quite frankly you just do the same things disguised into new stories.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

If they stick to schedule, it should be on the PTS early November (i.e. 3 months after the IC went on the PTS) and released late November / early December.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Iselin said:

If they stick to schedule, it should be on the PTS early November (i.e. 3 months after the IC went on the PTS) and released late November / early December.
    Another piece of pvp oriented pack...

indicates that PvP is the main reason people play this game?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:

Another piece of pvp oriented pack...

indicates that PvP is the main reason people play this game?
    Where you getting that from? Orsinium is a PVE zone.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED