Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whose going to give Wildstar a spin?

monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
edited September 2015 in WildStar
Anyone else excited? I cant wait to play in a few hours.

Edit: So I just checked out the Paths and Warplots feature and HOLY CRAP its amazing! :D
Never seen anything like it. Hype!
Post edited by monochrome19 on

Comments

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    i'll probaby wait until tomorrow or the next day.  I have a feeling the servers are going to crash over and over again in the first few hours.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited September 2015
    Katilla said:
    i'll probaby wait until tomorrow or the next day.  I have a feeling the servers are going to crash over and over again in the first few hours.
    Ive never heard of emptiness causing crashes 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    ya I'm looking forward to trying the game out again.  I'm not playing any mmos right now so it works out :)
  • DaveS215DaveS215 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Me too! :)
  • DaxxanDaxxan Member UncommonPosts: 384
    edited September 2015
    I haven't played since launch. At that time it wasn't worth continuing past the first month, IMO.  But now,  I will give it a try to see what has changed.  It won't cost me anything, just a bit of time :p
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    im in .. resubbed 2 days ago .. got logged in a brushed up :)  ready to go

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Just unsubbed from wow and I'm in!  =)
  • DaveS215DaveS215 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    What side is everyone playing? Maybe we can start a guild.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Katilla said:
    I think this also. But if this f2p option works out for them,the game could really be big. From what i'm hearing the changes are really good. We just have to wait and see what happens. They need to run some ads for this game though. A lot of gamer's never heard of it. The game was like word of month for most people. I haven't seen one tv spot for it. And those trailers they have would have been great on tv.
  • MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    WS has a  countdown channel on Twitch and a number of streamers will be broadcasting tonight at the opening bell. Hope to see you all in game.  ;)
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    DaveS215 said:
    What side is everyone playing? Maybe we can start a guild.
    An MMORPG.com guild? I'd be in if someone wants to make it. I'm definitely making an Aurin though :D 
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Yeah I'll be giving it another go. Why not !
  • hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I'm coming back for look see. If I stick around long enough an MMORPG.com guild would be fun

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    edited September 2015
    Played during beta but it was one of those that just didn't grab me.  Gonna give it another look, as I always did like the character models.  Tonight's not looking good though as when I started in the queue it was only 41 minutes long, now 2h 53 minutes.  Gonna let it sit though and just enjoy Minority Report on the big screen :)
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I didn't quit because of the payment model. The main reason I left the game because all my crew stopped playing after their free time was finished and server population declined generally. I'm gonna give it another try and see if there are other people to play with, I'm always up for a game if it has a nice community. 
    Although action combat is providing a different experience and can be fun, but I still wish it was good old tab-targeting. 
    I got a lvl 50 already but I'm not gonna play that, at least not for now. I'm gonna reroll Dominion-EU. If anyone else is starting anew and is interested in playing together bump me. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I'll see if the combat still forces me to stare more at the ground than my character.  I'll also see how quickly I will get bored doing quest hubs with kill X of Y type quests.  If I can get past those two items then I might give the game a decent spin.  However I have a feeling I'm going to hit that proverbial wall quick with this one but no biggie since it's f2p.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• gearchin13gearchin13 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited September 2015
    their game is so broken, you cant even make a character right now, on the pve server.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Hm, I havent encountered any problems on the PvP Server. Hopefully the hotfix addresses whatever the problem is.
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I played WS in CBT I was lucky enough to have been a permanent tester. I played the game a lot and it was fun especially the humour. Graphically it was never really my cup of tea but I tested the hell out of it.
     However when it launched I just could not get into it. The graphics, the repetitive never ending quest play and the combat, just got too much.

Anyway roll on F2P and I thought what the hell SF is getting a bit too grindy and repetitive so lets jump in to WS and have a go.

I managed to play for 2hrs and sadly I still cannot get into it, the character movement, the combat, the graphics, I dunno it is hard to put my finger on exactly what it is but humour aside I got bored and just didnt feel the motivation to carry on and explore the massive world that WS has to offer.

I think many people will enjoy it, at first, but after a while it just loses something and it is not always easy to pin point exactly what it is.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Anyone else excited? I cant wait to play in a few hours.

Edit: So I just checked out the Paths and Warplots feature and HOLY CRAP its amazing! :D
    Never seen anything like it. Hype!
    It's a level based themepark, so no.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

Hubby and I plan on giving it a spin.  We are without a game to play together so this is a good one to try.    When I did try the beta, the graphics annoyed me greatly.  I'm not a fan of overly busy environments.  I found the world hugely non immersive from a graphical standpoint.  I'm a big girl though and have an open mind so I'm willing to give it another spin.  We shall see how it goes.

I'm a huge fan of housing and am intrigued to see their system.  I played around with it in beta but just scratched the surface.   This one aspect alone is a huge incentive to at least try it out.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I've been trying to be patient with this game but it really is pushing my patience......COnstant queues and being kicked back to character creation screen are very frustrating.....So far from what I've seen the game is meh......Another in a very long line of story and quest overemphasis.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    The WORST MMO I have EVER played, will NOT get another shot from me!
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    You mean if you can get past the infinite character loading loop......... *sigh*