Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What non-mmo are you playing?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning (on PS3) by EA. 

It's hard to play any game that does not have fluid jumping.  I quit playing Witcher with a tantrum when I had to line up Geralt repeatedly so he could crawl like a grandma down small hills.  And Reckoning has that same dynamic of lining your character up to take a jump.  But not near as bad because at least in Reckoning the jump distance is high and your character lines with the platform without effort.  Still, after playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Skyrim I'm spoiled and want fluid (no invisible borders) movement everywhere.

Reckoning looks like World of Warcraft and plays like Fable.  Only I didn't like Fable. 

Reckoning has decent character creation options.  I guess I just have to express myself with a character's looks.  I can't seem to compromise this need.   *I have a lot to say on that but it's all digress.

The reviews (youtube) for Reckoning were not great but I've been having fun.  I give it a 7 out of 10.  Most important I think I'll be playing it for a while.  That's what counts.

So what non-mmo console/pc/handheld game are you playing right now?

Comments

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    dragon age 3 when i feel like some immersive 3d game, LoL if i wannt some thrilling action for a short time and Rimworld if im to tired to do anything but watch
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Destiny/Witcher 3/Skyrim/FONV
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628
    Hearthstone and Resident Evil these days. Starting to fizzle out on Hearthstone though.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I'm playing Kerbal Space Program.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    PS4

Destiny-The Taken King

Bloodbourne

PC

Sins Of A Solar Empire-Rebellion.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Currently playing XCOM: Enemy Within as the expansion was on sale recently plus getting ready for XCOM2

Also on the go is Empire: Total War and DOW2: Retribution (Last stand only)

I'm really missing a decent RPG to play through at the moment. I did buy Diablo 3 recently, however, I got very bored after a few hours gaming, I'm not really an ARPG fan but so many friends enjoy it I thought it worth a shot. I've also been thinking of buying Fallout 3. I've not played any of the Fallout series, I don't like the post-apocalyptic setting so have always been put off but may take the plunge if it pops up in a steam sale again. 
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited September 2015
    World of Tanks/Warships/Warplanes
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    MGSV, one hell of a game!!
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

It's hard to play any game that does not have fluid jumping.  I quit playing Witcher with a tantrum when I had to line up Geralt repeatedly so he could crawl like a grandma down small hills.  And Reckoning has that same dynamic of lining your character up to take a jump.  But not near as bad because at least in Reckoning the jump distance is high and your character lines with the platform without effort.  Still, after playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Skyrim I'm spoiled and want fluid (no invisible borders) movement everywhere.

Reckoning looks like World of Warcraft and plays like Fable.  Only I didn't like Fable. 

Reckoning has decent character creation options.  I guess I just have to express myself with a character's looks.  I can't seem to compromise this need.   *I have a lot to say on that but it's all digress.

The reviews (youtube) for Reckoning were not great but I've been having fun.  I give it a 7 out of 10.  Most important I think I'll be playing it for a while.  That's what counts.

Yeah Kingdoms of Amalur is a underrated game and you can get it really cheap with all the xpack. The coolest weapon I'VE ever seen in any mmo/rpg are the Chakrams in that game. And crafting was so much fun when you can make all your gear with crazy stats. I would love to have seen Chakrams in Skyrim.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    just finished SOMA yesterday , awesome game btw !
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    I just finished off the Witcher 3, and I'm playing a few (dozen) games of Galactic Civ 3.

Absolutely fun game in the spirit of the other two, I can't wait to see what will be coming down as more and more DLC/expansion come out for it!

After that I'm looking to finish the last two DLCs of DA:I. But chances are I may let that slide for a bit, but we'll see!
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Heroes Charge !!!  (Android)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    PC: Mad Max
    Xbox One: Just finished up GTA V, starting Tomb Raider

No signature, I don't have a pen

• gregofc93gregofc93 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Grandia, on playstation 1
    Witcher 3 on PC
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    There are computer games besides MMORPGs? Go figure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    Destiny....it's not really an mmorpg 
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Fallout New Vegas and Earthcore

Joined - July 2004

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Replaying Divinity: Original Sin after seeing the Kickstarter for D:OS2

Also just downloaded Wastelands2 as part of the BardsTale4 KS rewards.  Will start that next.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Hariken said:

Yeah Kingdoms of Amalur is a underrated game and you can get it really cheap with all the xpack. The coolest weapon I'VE ever seen in any mmo/rpg are the Chakrams in that game. And crafting was so much fun when you can make all your gear with crazy stats. I would love to have seen Chakrams in Skyrim.
    Cut down those deer antelope thingies with my first Chakrams.  Blood went squirting out of their necks and I kissed my Chakrams and haven't put them down since.  Thought they would look corny; now I want them in every game.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Until Dawn
    The Witcher 3
    Gta V
    Msg the Phantom pain
    Bloodborne 
    Dragon Age Inquisition 
    All on PS4

Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510
    KOA is actually pretty good.  If you're the kind of player who prefers solo in MMORPGs then I'd recommend it even more, since it plays a lot like a modern MMORPG for gameplay and quest content - so you can have the same gameplay/content without the childish chat and competition for quest targets.

If you like grouping more, or co-op, and have some friends to play with, I'd recommend ARK Survival Evolved - it's one of the best survival type games I've seen and played (500+ hours, more than I'd do in most modern so-called MMORPGs these days) and it's fun to play with friends.  It has some pretty interesting content and mechanics.  It has an MMORPG kind of vibe to it because it has similar leveling, progressive gear kind of, and some progressive style content.  You end up doing things as a group out of necessity or for fun that you'd normally form a group for in an MMORPG (the rare ones where there's any measure of group content at least).  I only play it PvE but if you're a PvPer and get off inflicting (or suffering) grief then it's also great for that.

I'm personally playing more CDDA than anything these days.  It's kind of sad. Beefy gaming rig, over 100 games installed, and I'm playing a free game that's mostly text with some tilesets.  But the game has more depth than 99.9% of all games made and thus, I enjoy it.

I usually do my HOTS daily and beat up some bots - carebear to the max - but it's enjoyable to me and I could care less what some basement dwelling griefers think of how I game.

I'm flitting around between a few different RPGs and roguelikes but not finding anything that sticks.

Kinda lost interest in Witcher 3 at the end of the first map after I crushed all the gwent opponents.  Great game but it's a lot of the same over and over and the main story is kind of silly.  There were articles about possibly having too much content in RPGs when Witcher 3 was coming out and at first I didn't think that was possible, but maybe it is, if your content is a whole lot of the same stuff over and over with MMORPG-like filler in between.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.