Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is everyone?

CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
I'm VR6 and have only been in one group since I started playing, and that was for about twenty minutes when I did the first dungeon. Can anyone tell me about end game? I'm a DK and I'm hoping to tank in dungeons, but a guy in game was telling me that the dungeons are kind of pointless when it comes to having the best gear so not many people do them. I feel frustrated and lonely. Even the guild I'm in, no one ever talks or meets up to do anything.

Is this more of a solo game with the only real grouping taking place in zerg pvp?

Comments

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Jesus, can't even get a response to this post. This game must be dead
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    You have to give the topic more than 20 minutes to marinate

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Cothor said:
    Jesus, can't even get a response to this post. This game must be dead
    What are you playing the game on, the consoles have people in every square inch of everywhere. On the PC they have a lot of people but I'm not 100% sure about how easy it is to get groups. Based on one of my friends, hes always running dungeons and doesn't have a guild so I have a feeling it isn't that hard to get anyone. Just go around where the dungeon is and see if people are there. Or use the matching system, I found groups that way.
  • EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
    edited September 2015
    I have played ESO since early beta though I don't play it much anymore. I wouldn't say the game is dead but it has changed a whole lot since it released and not for the better IMO. It started out with frequent updates and a positive vision of where it was going. Sure, it had some issues but the ZOS team seemed sincere in addressing them. 

Fast forward many months and the promises turn out to be lies. Lie after lie about changes to the game have caused people to lose faith in the game and devs. The frequent updates died with the loss of the subscription and players had to endure a VERY long content hiatus (many people left). The positive vision of the future has transformed into a short-sighted cash grab with a cash shop. Issues that have been around since early access still languish in-game with no resolution in sight (hint: never coming).

I wouldn't say the community now is bad but it's not the same as it was. I think for the first 6 months or so people were much more engaged and worked together more and grouped more (content was much harder then). The game still has good qualities like the solo questing. Beyond that your mileage will vary greatly. If you happen to find a good guild (with people you like) that is active and inclusive (good luck with that) you may find more things to do beyond the solo questing but without that it's a pretty isolating experience (at least for me..my entire guild quit long ago).
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    PC is busy. I think part of the problem is that in trying to increase longevity, they have spread the end game far too thinly over too many VRs.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    ESO players use the ESO forums.  You wont find many of them on here.  You need find a guild for dungeons and whatever town you need to be in for the daily undaunted pledges.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Where is everybody? Gone from ESO a long time ago.