Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TheLazyPeon - "Is it Worth Playing? "

Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
edited October 2015 in Black Desert Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyFrRcdbYC8

TheLazyPeon did his first preview of Black Desert Online yesterday. Don't forget to check out his Pro's and Con's at the end of the video.

Enjoy.

Post edited by Jonas_SG on

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    The moment i heared we are getting a server with zero cashshop and subscription only my attention went over 9000. I hate free to play cashshop crap filled with wallet warriors buying their way to the top. Now they are going to implement 2 diffrent servers for players who like sub only or cashshop and free to play. The more i hear the better it gets.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited September 2015
    Super they are having a server with no cash shop and sub based .Where do I sign up then? Brilliant that they are tapping into the f2p and p2p market. Intelligent developers here.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Mothanos said:
    The moment i heared we are getting a server with zero cashshop and subscription only my attention went over 9000. I hate free to play cashshop crap filled with wallet warriors buying their way to the top. Now they are going to implement 2 diffrent servers for players who like sub only or cashshop and free to play. The more i hear the better it gets.
    Best news for BD, now i look forward to Europe being next in line. Was thinking of playing on the Russian server but don't think i'm going to.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Looks like gender locked classes with a single race option.

Not my bag.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    edited September 2015
    Lyrian said:
    Looks like gender locked classes with a single race option.

Not my bag.

Each class in this game comes with 2 Genders.

Warriors - Male and Valkyrie - Female  is the same Sword+Shield class. Ninja - male and Kunuichi - female is also the same class. Blade and Plum, Gandalf and Witch.

Only Sorcerer, Mystic, Archer and Giant doesn't have an opposit version yet.

There are 3 playable Races in the game. Humans ( Western and Eastern type), Elf and Giants.

Male version of Archer will be comming next i think.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I am very excited about seeing this "a server with no cash shop and sub based".  If this game does well in the west using this model, it might be a wake-up call to other developers.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

I don't think Na/EU will have P2P servers, because the publisher is a Korean company that had big success with F2P servers in Korea.  Adding or changing to P2P - will be a big lose of money.

It's only Russian that will have P2P servers.

• bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I am excited for this game but hopefully  they make the mobs a little more challenging. I love TheLazyPeon first impressions videos.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited September 2015
    Really can't wait for this game.  I too hope mobs get more challenging but honestly they're usually not challenging in MMOs.  Solo content in MMOs is rarely challenging (with the exception of BAMs in  TERA pre-nerf), so what sets the solo pve experience apart is how engaging the combat system is.

The combat system and the social aspects of the game look amazing.

Super challanging content isn't a necessary thing for me.  In many MMOs, it's served as a roadblock for me as I usually don't like joining guilds to go through a carrying process which is often pretty necessary.  Also people are able to get outstanding gear from that gated content and whip my ass in pvp with it, which sucks.

All around it promises to have a really even playing field for PVP, which would also be amazing.

I'm not worried about running out of content in a pvp-enabled game set in a beautiful world with tons of social possibilities.  

1 thing I hope is true is people are saying there could be a sub-based server for NA.  That would finalize my hype for the game because as long as there's f2p there's potential for really crappy things.
    Post edited by holdenhamlet on
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited October 2015
    Been advocating F2P / B2P / P2P options on the same game, for years.

In my version the F2P was basically as it is now, with a lot of boxes and potential P2W for cash cows.

B2P was for those who tried the F2P version and enjoyed it / saw potential and ponied up a box purchase to be able to get into servers that had absolutely no P2W whatsoever in it.  But still a aesthetic cash shop and the like.  It also would serve as a moderate barrier from trolls.

P2P as they pretty much have it set up here, with all things from the B2P cash shop available in game.  In addition to another barrier to keep out "undesireables" as some may call them.  Not really my thing, as I play to make new friends and how much money they want to spend isn't or shouldn't be a requirement of that for me.  But the ability to have no cash shop in game is a plus for many.

The problem that has to be tackled is the inability to play with friends, who may not want to pay monthly.

My solution was the ability of P2P players to play on any realm they wanted.  They just have to understand -- or get a warning -- that logging onto a server, they'll encounter players that have things from cash shops.  Then just go back to their exclusive server when their friends log out.  Likewise, B2P players would be able to bring their characters F2P servers for the same reasons.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.