Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield 2 Movies

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Well, I took a lot of footage this morning. So much, that I decided to try out Window Movie Maker for the first time. The results are...well...less than perfect, but it is just a teaser to show some maps and weapons. I enjoyed making it and will probably produce more in the future.

http://www.syn-con.com/hosted/battlefieldmovie1.wmv

I just created this movie this evening. Nothing special. Just another teaser showing off my favorate map-the kubra dam, which is a sniper's heaven and some of the chinese weapons.

http://www.syn-con.com/hosted/battlefieldmovie2.wmv

I made this movie last night after realizing that I had over an hour of footage. I went manic on it and spent 5 hours straight piecing it together and uploading it. It is just over 13 minutes, but I think it is worth the watch. Enjoy.

http://www.syn-con.com/hosted/battlefieldmovie3.wmv

I made this movie on the 8th. I think it is entertaining. It is just some of my clanmates and I jacking around and myself using the L85 from a long distance.

http://www.syn-con.com/hosted/evfuntime.wmv

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

I loved the first one, but BFV didnt do anything for me so i didnt bother to buy it, but I love the BF2 demo so ill probably pick it up tommorow after work.

And no I dont need to trade in 3 dozen games to be able to afford it like some other memebers around here who have a hard time coming across a measly $40.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

1) Did they fix the shadow problem?
    2) Did they fix the red bug?

The beta drivers with the demo are causing constant crashes when I play GW.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by dekron
    2) Did they fix the red bug?The beta drivers with the demo are causing constant crashes when I play GW.

1.I don't use shadows because I like a lag free enviorment

2.I never had the bug in the first place so I would not know.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

2) Did they fix the red bug?The beta drivers with the demo are causing constant crashes when I play GW.

I havent had any problems with GW, or any of those other bugs... but I forgot to ask earlier, do you still die if you jump on top of a tank and it starts moving (even if its friednly, in the demo youll die from standing on a moving vehicle)? Also, is the loading any better? When i play the demo and get into the game (I run everything on high, 4x AA, 1600x1200 and it runs fine) whenever im moving aroudn the game 'skips' for awhile as the game loads textures for the upcoming area... it stops skipping after ive been around the entire map but until then it ruins the game a bit.

Originally posted by Orcc

I havent had any problems with GW, or any of those other bugs... but I forgot to ask earlier, do you still die if you jump on top of a tank and it starts moving (even if its friednly, in the demo youll die from standing on a moving vehicle)? Also, is the loading any better? When i play the demo and get into the game (I run everything on high, 4x AA, 1600x1200 and it runs fine) whenever im moving aroudn the game 'skips' for awhile as the game loads textures for the upcoming area... it stops skipping after ive been around the entire map but until then it ruins the game a bit.

*Hehe yes. Funny story to that.

My squad leader wanted to take the whole squad in an M1, so we all jumped on top. The obvious happened haha.

*Loading is better.

*Resolutions do not go up to 1600X1200 in the demo or final. The res settings and graphic options you have in the demo are the same as the final.

Originally posted by Kiamde

My squad leader wanted to take the whole squad in an M1, so we all jumped on top. The obvious happened haha.

*Loading is better.

*Resolutions do not go up to 1600X1200 in the demo or final. The res settings and graphic options you have in the demo are the same as the final.

Oh, thats too bad about vehicles, i hope they fix that in a patch, since one of the coolest thingys in 1942 was loading up half your team on top of a B-17 and dropping on the enemy base.

Also about the resolution, ya sorry I forgot about that. I was originally runnign it on 1024x768, then for the hell of it I cranked it up to 1600x1200 and I didnt notice any difference ingame... the only thing different was the menus. Oh well. Ya ill definatly pick it up tommorow.

One thing im glad about is they put det pack jumps back in (at least for now). Basically, you toss all your C4 in one spot, run and jump over it setting it off as you go and youll go flyign about 50 feet into the air.

*Loading is better.

Oh, thats too bad about vehicles, i hope they fix that in a patch, since one of the coolest thingys in 1942 was loading up half your team on top of a B-17 and dropping on the enemy base.

Also about the resolution, ya sorry I forgot about that. I was originally runnign it on 1024x768, then for the hell of it I cranked it up to 1600x1200 and I didnt notice any difference ingame... the only thing different was the menus. Oh well. Ya ill definatly pick it up tommorow.

One thing im glad about is they put det pack jumps back in (at least for now). Basically, you toss all your C4 in one spot, run and jump over it setting it off as you go and youll go flyign about 50 feet into the air.

Uh...getting close to your C4 while it explodes will kill you no matter how high you jump.

*Loading is better.

Uh...getting close to your C4 while it explodes with kill you no matter how high you jump.

I was playing on a server last night with FF off, or they did something to modify it so you dont take splash damage. either way, I was defiantly doing det pack jumps
    ::::20::

• ChopesChopes Member Posts: 297

*Loading is better.

Uh...getting close to your C4 while it explodes with kill you no matter how high you jump.

And that is the lesson of life.

http://www.OriginNow.com
    Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File

• terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

I am curious about BF2 and had a question for someone in the know. I tried the demo, but couldn't get it to play. I am running an ATI Radeon 9250 with 256 megs of ram. Is the demo somewhat limited to choice cards? Will the full version run on cards the demo couldn't? Please enlighten me on this situation.

Originally posted by terstax
    I am curious about BF2 and had a question for someone in the know. I tried the demo, but couldn't get it to play. I am running an ATI Radeon 9250 with 256 megs of ram. Is the demo somewhat limited to choice cards? Will the full version run on cards the demo couldn't? Please enlighten me on this situation.

You need at least 512 megs of RAM to run the game.

• terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

Check...The problem is with video in any case. I saw an list of supposed cards it can only work with. If true, that does not bode well for me. Bottom line, if the demo doesn't work on my hardware, will the full version? Or is the demo crippleware that is limited in what the game allows you to play with?

Check...The problem is with video in any case. I saw an list of supposed cards it can only work with. If true, that does not bode well for me. Bottom line, if the demo doesn't work on my hardware, will the full version? Or is the demo crippleware that is limited in what the game allows you to play with?

The demo is an exact replica of a full map with the same graphical engine and resolutions. How your rig runs on the demo will be how your rig runs on the final.

Wow Kiamde, you should be a director. You need to work on the following:

- Running

- Jumping

- Shooting

- Living

Originally posted by Chopes
    Wow Kiamde, you should be a director. You need to work on the following:- Running- Jumping- Shooting- Living

Who are you now? My manager?

Wow Kiamde, you should be a director. You need to work on the following:- Running- Jumping- Shooting- Living

We can work something out.

We can work something out.

Oh yeah. You are a regular Joe Jackson.

At least I got shoes.

At least I got shoes.

Are they made for walking?

At least I got shoes.

I have boots for that. ::::39::

At least I got shoes.

What are you? A scottish ned with the intent to talk with a heavy accent and blast techno? Idiot!

At least I got shoes.

What are you? A scottish ned with the intent to talk with a heavy accent and blast techno? Idiot!

No you are mistaken, as you can see on the first page, in the second video that you posted, I am the fifth guy that you almost shot but, got killed by. So to answer your question no I am not a scottish nerd, but a Chinese soldier.

At least I got shoes.

No you are mistaken, as you can see on the first page, in the second video that you posted, I am the fifth guy that you almost shot but, got killed by. So to answer your question no I am not a scottish nerd, but a Chinese soldier.

You are such a non educated delinquent! You can't even read! It was CHAPES NOT CHOPES! IMBUSIL!

YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ASIAN ROBOT OF MASS GROOVE? YOU CAN'T DDR! DANCE TO THIS BEAT, BAMBOSTICK SHOOTER. BOOMCHABOOMBAHCOOMCHA!

At least I got shoes.

You are such a non educated delinquent! You can't even read! It was CHAPES NOT CHOPES! IMBUSIL!

YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ASIAN ROBOT OF MASS GROOVE? YOU CAN'T DDR! DANCE TO THIS BEAT, BAMBOSTICK SHOOTER. BOOMCHABOOMBAHCOOMCHA!

Please do not post in all-caps it is not proper etiquette

At least I got shoes.

Please do not post in all-caps it is not proper etiquette

You are right. Squabbles can only be solved in one manner...

*Snaps fingers like in West Side Story

Its Miller time, you son of a bitch!