Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about jumping back in, or you have already?

grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
Long time MMO player, who came back to try the new TLP servers. A lot of the issues people brought up are in fact in game.  The #1 issue is overpowered mages, and the game is easier than it used to be, due in part I think because we better understand the mechanics, but also there's no more corpse runs and gear rot, and all NPC corpses last longer.

That being said, there are thousands of us having fun.  I've recently made a 'family' style guild that may be similar to what you enjoyed when you originally played EQ.  Don't worry about being behind the curve, as there are plenty of new players or players making alts to level up every day.

If you're interested in an old-school type experience, come check out Dragonfire and Ruin on the Lockjaw service.   If you want to raid five times a week, there are other guilds that scratch that itch too.

Best of luck.

Gragor Blackaxe, Paladin of Brell Serillis

Comments

• kinkanatkinkanat Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I'm thinking in Ragefire play Everquest, this game was always one of those who have had more desire to play, but age could not, and now with these progressive servers I would like to try but not if I have done and perhaps later now it costs me find people with whom to party and level up.

Tanke I would (warrior), you know if there are people with low or that play and all levels are high?

I'm a veteran player (over 10 years) Final Fantasy XI, a hardcore game that was based at the time in the Everquest own, so I'm not afraid to make the game difficult, but the most important thing for me is to play with people, in spite of my bad English because my original language is Spanish.

I'm hesitant to play Everquest or Dark Age of Camelot, I recommend you that? In which there are more people playing?
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I was thinking about trying it again but worried about the bot problems. I now hear there is going to be a no bot server but not until the end of the year and even then I'm kinda sick of classic and the first 4 expansions, from trying a few failed progression guilds. So I probably wouldn't join until GoD was opened which could be 3 years away. :(
  • SeriphinXSeriphinX Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I usually re-visit it at least once a year.  I never play regularly anymore, but just enough to get my fix and then move on.  The genre is so saturated, plus certain console games I am trying to finish, that there literally isn't enough time to devote to "90 mnk lfg"...
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I have a 39 Druid and 36 Chanter on Ragefire.  It's been fun and the relearning curve hasn't been nearly as steep as it is on the live servers.  I'm taking a small break as original and Kunark aren't overly exciting for the duoer after certain amount of time in them.  Not to mention all the named seem to be perma camped.  I will be back to give it another try after Velious is released.