Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.1 Has a 2 month delay according to the newest live letter.

Comments

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    edited September 2015
    Ya it blows my mind. I see this same conversation in game and it's all the same whining. You started playing FFXIV and chewed through the content because you like the game. If a delayed patch fills you with so much negativity, then you dont really care about the game or the team that works hard on it, for you.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    It's only a little more than a month delay.  HW retail date was June 23rd and they've been pretty good about releasing the patches in three month cycles since after 2.2.  If they were on pace it would have come out the end of this month but the delays are pushing it into early November now.

Anyway, it's a good time to catch up on other things you may have been neglecting in lieu of playing this.  I personally am looking forward to Dragon Quest Heroes.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2015
    As has been said before, what you deem as content really is up to you and not really anyone else. However, people need to think with their head and not their heart when it comes to business. If people think they should be putting out more "content" then dont pay until they do. But people shouldn't be convinced that a company needs emotion. They have psychologists on payroll if they need counseling for the big bad words people are giving them. Its about professionalism. If a company cannot cycle their teams better, they honestly should expect to take a hit financially until they get their stuff together. No point in creating sides for or against something that has no sides to begin with.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited September 2015

drivendawn said:            
    There was 8 dungeons not 5. Also lets see 2.0 had 13 raid bosses in coil, 12 in crystal tower and 7 counting extreme primals 32 in all and had 15 dungeons not counting the hard modes. That is comparable to raid bosses wether you like it's set up or not. Also over the course of the year heavensward will catch up not to mention have lots more side things to do. I like the even pacing better because then you won't get 9 months to over a year before something new.
    You are counting story dungeons that were used once that weren't even used for leveling/gearing so no. In a 2 year span between any major expansion WoW still has more than 32 bosses even if you count the one and done content FFXIV has as "bosses". While this may not have been the case in previous expansions looking at WoW from WoD forward it has released 30 bosses with THREE modes of difficulty with a FOURTH that is full community accessibility due to massive difficulty nerfs in a SEVEN MONTH PERIOD!!! All the while you are lumping 2 YEARS OF CONTENT to just BARELY come within it. 

One thing that differs between the two is that all this raid content is fully accessible to community on its LFR difficulty where as you can drop 13 bosses off of your "32" in FFXIV because 10% of the playerbase actually got to see it. Also if you were to compare content from a loot and gear variety standpoint you would find FFXIV very lacking in that department. You can always count primals bosses but I refer to them as one and done because they usually only have one piece to go after, making them relevant content for less than 2 weeks upon their release. Bismark (EX) was immediately useless past his first kill for rav access due to upgraded law gear, and Ravana (EX) was axed 2 weeks upon release due to ESO ilvl 200 weapons (unless you geared something else but that does not apply to this comparison from a main character standpoint.

Speaking also from strictly a WoD standpoint there was never a 9-12 month content drought, the longest period between raids was almost 5 months where as its 6 between the paltry 4 bosses you get per major patch. It actually sickens me to even read and type about WoW, but the moment you started drawing the comparisons you need to get all the information before making the bold statements you made. To be honest I could care less about raid content and more about midcore/open world battle content with more gear variation. What is good to point out while on the subject is that even when Copying WoW the game still fails at it from a gear progression to longevity to gear selection standpoint. So what I am saying is instead of trying to copy WoW, why not bring battle content that is UNLIKE WoW to draw in some of its battle content players. You can put a carrot on a stick and produce battle content without copying from someone else. 

You wont pull wow players by offering the same game they have been playing in WoW since 2003, you need to innovate the same way they innovated all the fluff and worldly activities in the game. There may be some things I'm missing because I haven't played WoW and I'm tired of the same Raid progression BS and im trying to move AWAY from it, but im sure there is more than I mentioned here. I haven't even gotten into PvP since it actually is fully functional and has PROGRESSION and individual seasons like raid seasons! I'm still failing to see this content drought all these people claim exists in WoW, maybe a seasoned but disgruntled WoW vet could educate us as to what I am missing. 
    Post edited by Darkfalz89 on

XImpalerX said:
    I'm not sure what the OP is on about. I have seen more meaningful updates from FFXIV then I ever did from WoW.

So the next big patch after the expansion is delayed? Who cares? Blizzard delays things all the time and when they do implement patches the servers crash.

Square launched the smoothest expansion for an mmo in recent history. It's funny how people think they ared entitled to something because they pay the subscription fee. if you ever read the ToS you will find that you are not entitled to anything lol.

How long did it take WoW to release a new class? 4-5 years? FFXIV has added four in two years. That is unheard of.

There is a simple solution, instead of writing walls of text, just stop playing until you feel it is worth your time. There are thousands of other games you could play until then lol.
    Meaningful is a broad term and when each person seeks something different form each patch, its very easy to have a completely opposite view. As far as your statement about new classes is concerned I will quote beansnbread as he is spot on:

"Quality of classes matter. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but FFXIV classes pale in comparison."

You also need to consider the following, as I already mentioned this in response to drivens comment about classes: WoW and FFXIV are MMO's that draw lore from their previous games, Warcraft was 3 games and the FF series spans THIRTEEN. Anyone that has half of a brain  can see that both games have a different way of introducing classes and as such offers variety and various playstyles over several shallow and some almost similar to one another like FFXIV. I can't ENTIRELY disagree with Danwest's statement about each tank plays like the other in WoW but Warrior for example is better with AoE threat and this can result in improved damage. Some tanks in wow are more proc heavy than the other making them a little more/less busy. On the flip side FFXIV is the same of that regard, spam 1,2,3 hate combo and 1,2,3, DPS combo and cycle your similar cooldowns as needed. 
    XImpalerX said:
    I'm not dissapointed at all, because your statement is based on opinion, rather than fact.

We all know WoW's classes have been homogenized for a long time. 
    The statement isn't necessarily as much as an opinion as an observation of where they differ, FFXIV offers you one way to play each class and if you don't play it that one way just like everyone else that plays that class your DPS suffers. WoW offers 3 ways to play each classes that can even sometimes change a DPS role to Healing and as a result you have different ways to heal (burst/shields/massive regen) e.t.c. Every time a new patch/expansion comes out they have to balance each class as a whole and the many different specs that are attached to it. 

When you compare this to how HW handled new abilities and classes you got a random hubdub of not every class is equally loved. Some classes got an additional phase to manage, some classes got hate mitigation and straight DPS buffs and some got purely Quality of life improvements. And some even got a new phase AND raid BUFFS AND straight DPS increases like DRG lol. The extra ten levels was very slapped and traits have been completely forgotten about. Wont even go into detail about how the new jobs were released because it makes little to no sense on top of that. 

Albatroes said:
    As has been said before, what you deem as content really is up to you and not really anyone else. However, people need to think with their head and not their heart when it comes to business. If people think they should be putting out more "content" then dont pay until they do. But people shouldn't be convinced that a company needs emotion. They have psychologists on payroll if they need counseling for the big bad words people are giving them. Its about professionalism. If a company cannot cycle their teams better, they honestly should expect to take a hit financially until they get their stuff together. No point in creating sides for or against something that has no sides to begin with.
    Right, you feel it was unprofessional and some us don't. Lets just leave it at that. >.>
    And please tell me any company that conducts a business that tells their clients that that the entire workforce is taking a 2 month break and tell me how many clients they retain. 

drivendawn said:            
     Even the story dungeons had gear. Yes I count ex primals because they can drop weapons that can be considered endgame drops and are certainly hard enough. Sure they get replaced by later ex primal drops that have higher ilvl but WoW has end game gear replaced by other end game gear. It doesn't matter who got to see it there was 13 bosses in coil so it gets counted. In 2.0 there were 4 or 5 raid like bosses every 3 months. Also there was over a year before an update in wow during pandaria, 14 months to be exact. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300229370 this is players complaining about it and wondering how long they will be waiting now that the last update dropped in WoD. So a more fair comparison at this point would be Pandaria and ARR. Pandaria had a lot too at the beginning and then 14 months of nothing.

I will agree I like the idea of group content that has meaning that is open and competitive even. Of course we have spoke on gear variations which I would love to see also. I am hoping we get this from Exploratory missions. I know the gear that will drop is going to be random stats so that's a step in the right direction being the Ashron's Call fan that I am. There will be 4 or 5 raid bosses for the ghost ship raid in the next patch and who knows how many NM'S and HNM'S in the island exploration.:) 
    Ah so the content droughts were referred to as the lul of the expansion in wait of the new one. FFXIV saw a 6 month drought where as WoW's 14 month drought is pretty nasty. That being said if we are comparing the current dealings of FFXIV to WoW during MoP then you got 43 bosses vs your 32 in a 12 month period, content drought or not WoW still had more content of this type AND had multiple modes on top of FFXIV's. 

In the end I still don't find any of the primals in this game worthy and on the level of an actual "Raid" boss. The reason being is both Coil and Alex as well as actual Raid bosses in WoW took some time to learn and conquer where as Ravana and Bismark EX was defeated 2 days into the expansion. Each game introduces new gear to overtake the old but Primal offerings have always been axed in record time to any other kind of content I have seen to date, furthering them to the regards of "half baked" bosses but I shall include them for the mere purpose of amusing you in the regard you think it be on par with actual raid bosses.

The same can be said for the LFR content because while the gear lasted sometime longer it was still face roll content. If not for the need to split encounters into multiple versions of the same boss on occasions you were able to beat each boss at the time of the content release with 6 of 18 competent people but once again I digress for the reason of amusing you in what you regard as "content". If you really want to get technical on a gear progression standpoint LFR offered nothing different than what you have been collecting from the prior major patch, making LFR not progression nor viable content because it was PURELY CATCH UP content! 

Once again I don't play WoW but when someone is fairly good at doing something its better to make something your own rather than try and compete in a area you won't win in. Where I am going with this is that if there is any one company out there that makes something their own its a Final Fantasy game and so there is that potential, so stop squandering it on more of the same crap we have been playing since 2003. If anything a more of a "seasonal" vs. FFXIV's very odd update schedule.When the current raid season was over back in Cata and WoTLK I enjoyed being able to take a break and play some JRPGs and other casual games and WoW always did me a solid since PvP still had its own seasonal breakdowns to offer me other battle content that held me a bit longer. 

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

edited September 2015
    While on the topic of battle content and raid cycles I feel that WoW and FFXIV are about the same content wise despite how their release schedule varies: WoW offers a very strong an consistent front heavy content schedule that keeps up well with you to provide constant content to wade through with the disadvantage that after the first 7-12 months there is a complete drop of nothing for for a VERY long period. On the flip side FFXIV offers better distribution of the same type of content with the downside of much longer major patch intervals. That being said I really really really hate Vertical Progression overall and it needs to find a better way of doing it. 

Many games employ these systems and both games are very similar in their methods but because the nature of the content it takes so much time to produce with so little retention over time that there is no way to keep producing content faster than players can clear it. There were some small instances where Rift managed to do it at launch but it just ran their team ragged and now its F2P T____T. The odd thing is that if this situation happened in WoW post expansion launch no one would of even cared because the content was there and plentiful. The problem is that HW didn't have the meat (Endgame content) of a WoW expansion but the promise of more consistent patches is no longer present.

The very fact you will spend the next 7 months doing Alexander Normal but then again just Savage because when Void Ark comes out Alex Normal gear is already going to be obsolete.To those haplessly grinding ESO every week since launch Void ark isn't exactly providing gear progression, rather it gives us more of the same ilvl gear we have been grinding. So yep 3.1 doesn't really look all that impressive since exploration feels a bit too much like Hunts 2.0 with daily lockouts with super RNG. At least those who enjoy fluff will get an awesome pet battle system and begin their journey as a pokem- Err Minion battle master!

Don't forget we will get the new Relics so we can grind lights and do all the content we already did for several months while completing our grocery checklist of more RNG objectives and forced FATES/Treasure maps and various daily locked content for 70+ Days. Then we get to spend a metric ton of gil that can only be obtained by buying it to materia meld stats that have very little weight with 3.0's stat changes. Only to get a weapon that has a 5 ilvl advantage, it makes me brim with excitement! Don't forget the metric ton of new cute outfits to re glamour, those stacks of 99 glamour prisms have been yearning to be used!!! I can barely control my excitement!!!!

God I tried so hard to stay neutral and supportive, I really did but 7 months of savage just makes me cringe. Think It's time to take a break and play some JRPG's. To think I could of been content as all of the rest of you only If I didn't ever get to see 1.0-1.2, to got back in time and undo that would be the only way to do it until this game makes some renovations.

I don't remember them saying anything about lockouts for exploration and maybe like hunts maybe not we don't know just yet. Hey, take a break, I have done it with many games from AC till now and it does help burn out from my exp.
    Think I will, thanks for putting up with my crap driven you truly a trooper man. This whole thing has rustled my jimmies quite thoroughly. Think the daily lockout was something pulled from a direct translation but you are right we shall see. Just the way they explain the event makes it feel like the zergfest of hunts and invisible mobs all over again.

Hell If anything talking about WoW really makes my blood boil. While there was some good memories I have simply grown tired of raiding after doing it for so many years. I guess thats why comparing ffxiv to WoW side by side ticks me off because In my wildest dreams I never imagined I'd be having that convo.

Yeah, I hear ya, I am keeping my eye on pantheon for that old school EQ/XI fix if anything ever becomes of it.
    I am rooting for it but at the same time not getting my hopes up. lol
    Oh if you haven't played Ni no Kuni PLAY IT http://ninokuni.wikia.com/wiki/Ni_No_Kuni_Wiki

Yep, I was playing this quite a bit when It came out but lost the game so I plan on picking this up along with tales of xillia 2 and tales of vesperia :D.
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    It will take them two months to think about how they will fix PLD. lol!...

And hopefully wolves den will be fixed in 3.1 by then, or I will make BnS my new mmo.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

And hopefully wolves den will be fixed in 3.1 by then, or I will make BnS my new mmo.

You're playing the wrong game if you're looking for PvP.  It exists, sure, but it's definitely not a focal point of the game.
    nbtscan said:

You're playing the wrong game if you're looking for PvP.  It exists, sure, but it's definitely not a focal point of the game.
    That being said Sealrock is an improvement and is decently popular .
    I honestly felt that Sealed Rock was a big step back when it comes to PvP, the idea of nodes and the random generation actually adds RNG to the one bit of content that could avoid it. If anything Sealed Rock greatly reduces the need to actually fight than run to spawning nodes. RNG can be so random sometimes that two S ranks that spawn right next to eachother. Now the counter to that is fight them for the point right, until you realize that its 3 faction. Fighting for one of the points will ensure you will be fighting the 3rd faction  so its near impossible to cap that point mean while the first faction to those points is still collecting max points. 

Cartaneau flats for example encourage fighting and as long as you have players standing on points you win and its more of an all in battle investment and makes for a better experience.
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Yes I agree seal rock sometimes feels like ping pong with rocks and magical chairs.  Wish they would make secure 60 uncapped. 

Tired of hearing: "defend" "let the other 2 fight" "come back" "don't do this.... Don't do that" by casuals that don't understand the game dynamics and how you have to play to win.  Just as the battles are getting good, time to "run to the next rng" lol..

i do really enjoy wolves den though, but it's short lived after ppl take enough beatings.

The one vs one arena in BnS looks like it would keep my adrenaline pumping, dat ping though XD
  • InDLegacyInDLegacy Member UncommonPosts: 14
    What a dumb thread.  You know why I play FFXIV over World of Warcraft?  Because FFXIV is a better game.

Two sentences to present my opinion over the massive walls of text on subject matter that is equally centered on opinions.

The devs need a break, so they are taking one.  You don't have to be subscribed while you wait for the new content to come out.

Are we done here?
    edited October 2015
    InDLegacy said:
    What a dumb thread.  You know why I play FFXIV over World of Warcraft?  Because FFXIV is a better game.

Two sentences to present my opinion over the massive walls of text on subject matter that is equally centered on opinions.

The devs need a break, so they are taking one.  You don't have to be subscribed while you wait for the new content to come out.

Are we done here?
    Its been done with for over a week now, if you took a minute to look at the last posts and the date they were posted. I unsubbed as well as all my friends that were playing. That is not to say that I am not somewhat curious what will happen when all is said and done come November. The Dev team deserves a break once they release the full expansion, not the bread crumbs that were HW. We all play for all of our different reasons and I get that, but 3.0 for the most part was 2.0 with even less. When the whole reason dungeon runners and battle content players tolerate the crumbs we get in this game is because of fast patches and the patches don't happen then what?

The convo is over because as you said walls of text that is centered with opinions, I have mine and you have yours. All I can say is time will tell and everyone I know and more as well as my server isn't sitting on it as well as you are. My GF who has been playing and actively raiding since 2.0 (has not unsubbed since 2.0 launch) officially threw in her towel because ever since the live letter she has not been able to pull together a savage group. Meanwhile people on our server spouting lines like "the server is dieing" and players/FC's are leaving in droves and the server transfer issues SE is currently fixing due to being bombarded by fleeing players to more active servers.

Meanwhile the players that advocate the supposed vacation are encouraging players unhappy with this to quit. They further expect that they will come back in November 15, well after Blade and soul and other massive titles release that month. When you release an expansion its to pull players in with the built up hype and new features, following this you want to maintain the influx rather than have a massive player drop. This by far is the most poorly handled company decision I have seen in quite some time. 
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    InDLegacy said:

Are we done here?
    Its been done with for over a week now, if you took a minute to look at the last posts and the date they were posted. I unsubbed as well as all my friends that were playing. That is not to say that I am not somewhat curious what will happen when all is said and done come November. The Dev team deserves a break once they release the full expansion, not the bread crumbs that were HW. We all play for all of our different reasons and I get that, but 3.0 for the most part was 2.0 with even less. When the whole reason dungeon runners and battle content players tolerate the crumbs we get in this game is because of fast patches and the patches don't happen then what?

The convo is over because as you said walls of text that is centered with opinions, I have mine and you have yours. All I can say is time will tell and everyone I know and more as well as my server isn't sitting on it as well as you are. My GF who has been playing and actively raiding since 2.0 (has not unsubbed since 2.0 launch) officially threw in her towel because ever since the live letter she has not been able to pull together a savage group. Meanwhile people on our server spouting lines like "the server is dieing" and players/FC's are leaving in droves and the server transfer issues SE is currently fixing due to being bombarded by fleeing players to more active servers.

Meanwhile the players that advocate the supposed vacation are encouraging players unhappy with this to quit. They further expect that they will come back in November 15, well after Blade and soul and other massive titles release that month. When you release an expansion its to pull players in with the built up hype and new features, following this you want to maintain the influx rather than have a massive player drop. This by far is the most poorly handled company decision I have seen in quite some time. 
    I finally got around to giving HW a try, and I am kind of shocked at how little there is.  The redeeming factor is definitely the story, they have done an incomparably better job with it.  It takes the crown for best MMORPG story out of the games I have played.  The rest of the content is lacking, and after the quality of ARR I was expecting better from SE.  It seems corners were cut nearly everywhere, from not including logs, to making just 15 battlecraft leves (unless you count the large ones, which are still the same damn leves if we are being honest), to bugs (including ugly parallax occlusion bugs), to rushed FATE design, to the number of dungeons, to the empty world design, to low res textures, to the number of primals.

I am playing on Lamia and am already seeing the effects of this (though it may be attributed partially to adding big empty zones and flying mounts).  I run into people very rarely outside of cities.  I sometimes see others doing FATEs, but 95% of the time they are solo affairs for me.  I have no firsthand experience from other servers, but from what I hear it is largely the same on every server - the new zones are a dud, people do their levelling in Northern Thanalan, where FATEs are faster and there are more players.

The zones are... empty.  Not just of players, but of decoration.  When I first went to sea of clouds I thought "oh wow look at all this!"  I assumed that what I was seeing from afar was a much lower LOD than what I would see up close.  I was surprised to find that no, all these flying islands are actually just giant empty flat patches of grass, with no quests, buildings, and sometimes even no foliage to liven it up.  Before the expansion I wanted a bigger world, but I did not realize it would be at the expense of everything that made the ARR world wonderful, and feel so alive.

I hope the 3.1 patch brings not just new content, but bug fixes as well.  Some places in the game have what I can only believe is an unfinished implementation of parallax occlusion.  It is really jarring to see the ground crawling around you because somebody tried to auto-apply parralax to low res textures.  Other places, the wrong music plays.  The music in the game is really good, but when the Dravanian Hinterlands epic bag pipes start blaring in the sea of clouds, it does not fit at all.  Some FATEs have mobs with solo-impossible high HP, that must be a bug.  Other FATEs have itty bitty areas to complete them in, or the mobs chain back.

It feels like this expansion was pushed out before it was ready.  I know that is standard fare for the industry, but I really believed SE had learned from their earlier problems.  I am still subbed, and probably will stay that way, just levelling up other classes.  Playing in the ARR areas is a real treat compared to being stuck in the HW zones, so I expect as long as I can keep levelling alt jobs I will be content.
    Baitness said:
    InDLegacy said:
    I finally got around to giving HW a try, and I am kind of shocked at how little there is.  The redeeming factor is definitely the story, they have done an incomparably better job with it.  It takes the crown for best MMORPG story out of the games I have played.  The rest of the content is lacking, and after the quality of ARR I was expecting better from SE.  It seems corners were cut nearly everywhere, from not including logs, to making just 15 battlecraft leves (unless you count the large ones, which are still the same damn leves if we are being honest), to bugs (including ugly parallax occlusion bugs), to rushed FATE design, to the number of dungeons, to the empty world design, to low res textures, to the number of primals.

I am playing on Lamia and am already seeing the effects of this (though it may be attributed partially to adding big empty zones and flying mounts).  I run into people very rarely outside of cities.  I sometimes see others doing FATEs, but 95% of the time they are solo affairs for me.  I have no firsthand experience from other servers, but from what I hear it is largely the same on every server - the new zones are a dud, people do their levelling in Northern Thanalan, where FATEs are faster and there are more players.

The zones are... empty.  Not just of players, but of decoration.  When I first went to sea of clouds I thought "oh wow look at all this!"  I assumed that what I was seeing from afar was a much lower LOD than what I would see up close.  I was surprised to find that no, all these flying islands are actually just giant empty flat patches of grass, with no quests, buildings, and sometimes even no foliage to liven it up.  Before the expansion I wanted a bigger world, but I did not realize it would be at the expense of everything that made the ARR world wonderful, and feel so alive.

I hope the 3.1 patch brings not just new content, but bug fixes as well.  Some places in the game have what I can only believe is an unfinished implementation of parallax occlusion.  It is really jarring to see the ground crawling around you because somebody tried to auto-apply parralax to low res textures.  Other places, the wrong music plays.  The music in the game is really good, but when the Dravanian Hinterlands epic bag pipes start blaring in the sea of clouds, it does not fit at all.  Some FATEs have mobs with solo-impossible high HP, that must be a bug.  Other FATEs have itty bitty areas to complete them in, or the mobs chain back.

It feels like this expansion was pushed out before it was ready.  I know that is standard fare for the industry, but I really believed SE had learned from their earlier problems.  I am still subbed, and probably will stay that way, just levelling up other classes.  Playing in the ARR areas is a real treat compared to being stuck in the HW zones, so I expect as long as I can keep levelling alt jobs I will be content.
    Absolutely, people are leaving in droves on Excalibur and a lot of lag has been reported lately as well. I'm glad you can find enjoyment leveling multiple jobs but the leveling in this game is so mind numbingly dull that I couldn't bring myself to bother. Though would you dare speak heresy that SE deserved the break for all their hard work in this MASSIVE expansion so be watchful of what you say ^_^. All in all only time will tell, but that live letter had quite the negative effect to say the least. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Better to hear the whinging about the delay, than the whinging about the problems resulting from early deployment.  Many people don't understand that coding isn't as easy as saying 'have it done at 1:30pm on tuesday.'  Things happen.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited October 2015
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Better to hear the whinging about the delay, than the whinging about the problems resulting from early deployment.  Many people don't understand that coding isn't as easy as saying 'have it done at 1:30pm on tuesday.'  Things happen.
    Except that its not what happened at all, the delay was due to a planned vacation for the entire DEV team. They were also nice enough to tell us this after they had already taken it as well as announced the delay at the very last possible moment. Though you would of known all of this if you bothered to read anything in this thread.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Except that its not what happened at all, the delay was due to a planned vacation for the entire DEV team. They were also nice enough to tell us this after they had already taken it as well as announced the delay at the very last possible moment. Though you would of known all of this if you bothered to read anything in this thread.
    I've worked in the programming arena (not as a programmer, thank god), and when you rush things, mistakes happen.... including rushing something like getting ready for a vacation.  If they had been ready before the vacation, there wouldn't have been an issue.  

Vacations happen, holidays happen, and there is always a sense of let's rush the code, so that we can get to X event.  This includes, not only the programmers, but the checkers, and the approvers, and the whole lot.  I maintain my point.  Better to wait until everything is dotted and checked.

Of course, now that I say this, there will be issues with the damn thing.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited October 2015
    mgilbrtsn said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I've worked in the programming arena (not as a programmer, thank god), and when you rush things, mistakes happen.... including rushing something like getting ready for a vacation.  If they had been ready before the vacation, there wouldn't have been an issue.  

Vacations happen, holidays happen, and there is always a sense of let's rush the code, so that we can get to X event.  This includes, not only the programmers, but the checkers, and the approvers, and the whole lot.  I maintain my point.  Better to wait until everything is dotted and checked.

Of course, now that I say this, there will be issues with the damn thing.
    So since you are not getting where I'm coming from: you do not feel there is ANYTHING wrong with the ENTIRE team taking a two month break rather than cycling individual breaks to maintain workflow? This has very little to nothing to do with coding and I'm not following exactly why you keep pushing it... You see taking a huge break wouldn't be such an issue if the content was front heavy WHICH FFXIV IS NOT. The main attraction of this game vs every other MMO is that while "battle content" in each patch is meager, FFXIV patches a LOT more regularly than any other MMO in the current market.

When that very thing doesn't happen then people get bored because they have hit the limit of character progression and this is the result. They didn't spend 2 months "polishing the code" and "making sure it wasn't" buggy THEY JUST WEREN'T THERE!!!!! I don't understand where this concludes rushing anything, its how they have been releasing content SINCE 2.0! This has nothing to do with rushing unfinished content, if anything the entire HW expansion was rushed and it shows but that's not the issue here. Its about a update schedule that was promised and isn't being made well on BECAUSE THEY TOOK A VACATION. There were no errors/issues/setbacks/unforeseen problems, they simply stopped ALL production for 2 months.... 

Do you get it now? Or do I need to further elaborate since you have very little grasp of how this game works and produces its content and the cycles in which content is produced. I'd suggest doing some research rather than taking something WAY out of context because you don't know the implications of what we are discussing...
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wow...these forums are like FOX news.  Reaching to make a story out of anything (like most news channels) and THEN putting a spin on it.  Yep, the FOX news of mmo forums.