Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P beta toons being wiped?

toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
when wild star officially goes F2P  on sept. 29th are the beta test characters going to wiped? I heard yes so I haven't really been playing much holding off until the F2P roles out officially, but now someone told me they won't be wiped. I can't find any official information and have heard both yes and no. If they won't be wiped I will definitely start playing it more before F2P release...

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    actually, that is not really a beta, but a PTR, a private test realm you have been invited to :)

so no, they will not get deleted i guess. but they won't carry over to release either, since those servers are 2 different ones.
    if you already have a toon on live, or had, you will keep em tho.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220
    edited September 2015
    uh
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    edited September 2015
    I think they will stay, but only on the PTR server, they wont transfer to the live server.  
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    They will, like all test realm characters in most games, stay on the PTR, not move to live servers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Yeah, I've been on VARIOUS public test realms since first implemented in WoW in 04' and on this site since 03'/04' (this backup account as my email changed and couldn't recover my original account but is still from 2006). I know that PTR's dont transfer over LOL. And yes its a PTR client ...HOWEVER, in EVERY reference wildstar called it a beta. Because thats what it is. A beta for f2p and a PTR for subs. It was worded confusingly, admittedly so by uncondescending toners...
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    It was confusing in a way, I guess. I always figure that anything that says 'test' realm is not going to make it to live service and, sadly, have yet to be surprised otherwise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯