Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quote from steam player 2000+ hours.

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    AngryElf said:
    In B4 DMKano
    I just block him, he doesn't have anything useful to say.

I dont think Posting someones steam name on this forum is ok.  Especially without consent.  And now some of you are stalking his activities on steam?!
    Man get out of hear. The thing is public. Its on a public form any one can see. In fact it is the first review you see if you look on steam. That's like saying some one wrote a message and put it on a billboard and u quote it. Where did you even come up with that HAHS.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    laserit said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    If he spend 2k hours, and is only now coming out with this.  He must have like it somewhat.  Something tells me something happened that he didn't like and is grousing.  You don't play that long without having some fun.
    Point 6 is what he says broke the camel's back.
    Understood, but we're talking 2k hours.  That's a lot of teeth grinding before that point.  My only contention is that, to spend that kind of time, points to some positive experiences.  I often find that some bad experience causes disillusionment, and all of a sudden the past, which was good at the time, all of a sudden takes on dark overtones.  I haven't gone back into his history, so I could be wrong, but if there isn't a pattern of complaint threads, then this is the most likely case IMO.

I self identify as a monkey.

eye_m said:
    I think that this is a fine example of how hacking and cheating by a minority, ruins the game for the majority, and is a definite hurt to the profitability of MMO's.  I am fully on board for more severe penalties to people who are caught.
    • Such as fines starting at $10,000 +
    • Or jail time.
    • Maybe loss of privileges on computers entirely,
    • Having to wear an ankle tracker dragging a sign on a chain stating "The useless part of society". 
    • Public shamings where people can throw tomatoes at them, (and/or poop).  
    • Locking them up for a week without food then putting them into a ring and for a televised audience, let them fight over some food scraps, then afterwards tell the victor how you tainted the food with botulism and they are going to suffer horrible cramps for the next few days then soak them down with the fire hose. 

I could go on.  It's not like it's going to happen of course, but it sure ticks me off how we casually allow people to drag our enjoyment through the mud.  Maybe videogame developers shouldn't spend efforts to stop hacking rather they should spend efforts to criminally charge the hackers.

* Note : I don't honestly believe that two wrongs can make a right, and I understand that some of the punishments are over the top and were intended in parody. *

It would be to hard to prove, and would bog the court system down more than it is. I would say most are out of the USA any ways, so that ends that. Its simple really, just don't pay these people money, and they will go away. This is how it works, Trion cares 0 for 99% of the player base. They care about the people who dump 10000+ a month into their game. If said person dumps that much money, and happens to cheat the game, o well. If a gold seller, dumps 40% of the profit they make from bots, o well. There is no fix for it, nor will there ever be, unless some one releases the server code, or emulates it. You would need some one running the game, who cared about the game and not about money. Then when some one cheats they get banned instantly, because you have gms watching a majority of the players at all times.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    i bought AA..which came with a 3 months patron deal..

Then i quitted and never looked back..

All the points that are being made by this steam user i agree on..

The game was already doomed @ launch when the exploits were going on.. but then again.. the who people who coded this game are extremely stupid.. eveyrthing is done clieny side.. which is a hackers dream..

But that works in both china and korea, you see the abysmal client side security script along with gameguard or crap like that is more than enough there. Why? in both korea and china government have anti hacking laws for online games, in both of these countries online gaming is a source of major tax income for government. So according to the law, if someone hacks an online game, server or client, can be tried and sent to jail. Whether the hack has any meaningful effect on the game or not they still get jail time. In west there is no such law. So if someone just breaks the gameguard they are breaking law and can be tried.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I dont think Posting someones steam name on this forum is ok.  Especially without consent.  And now some of you are stalking his activities on steam?!
    Man get out of hear. The thing is public. Its on a public form any one can see. In fact it is the first review you see if you look on steam. That's like saying some one wrote a message and put it on a billboard and u quote it. Where did you even come up with that HAHS.
    Maybe I should block you, that English just hurts my eyes!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    DMKano said:
    If his opinion was the same for the entire 2000 hours, I feel for him. Something tells me he might have liked it a bit during those 2000 hours. :)

The land is completely gone on populated servers so this thing he said about land being plentiful never happened on servers that didn't get merged.

Again he had 2000 hours out of it - can't imagibe he didn't enjoy himself for a good portion of that.

I'd tell him - moderation is the key
    Nothing that was said gave the slightest hint that he was complaining because he was burned out on the game.

He's complaining about the exploitation, cash shop and overall management of the game.

Did you not bother reading his post or is this a case of blind fanboism?
    And you don't think a person can tell those things unless they have a giant "2000 hours" of game play? I don't see any fanboi "ism" at all. What I see is a player who, though having some valid criticisms, makes his stand loooong after one would see these things.

So as I stated above, "really" at 500 hours he was blind to this? 700? 1000?

Or maybe it's just me and "good use of one's time" is more important to me. Why would anyone seeing these issues stay for so long? Again, his criticisms are valid but I feel there is another side of this story.

I'll go so far as to "guess" that none of this really bothered him enough to leave but he was somehow offended or somehow was just pissed that no one was listening to him so he took his toys and left.

Especially because some of his issues with the game, though he has the right to his opinion, are just that "opinion". I don't think the labor points were a bad thing at all. Maybe he got so pissed because his game wasn't evolving how he wanted it to so he just left? All that's conjecture but I would expect a person with issues toward a game to leave long before that much time.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    fivoroth said:

Maybe I should block you, that English just hurts my eyes!
    Don't matter in the slightest............
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Sovrath said:
    I'm more suspicious as to why he spent over 2,000 hours and only NOW has chosen to go on record as to why he is leaving. 200 hours wasn't enough? 100? What about being generous and saying 500?

To put it in perspective 2,000 hours is playing 8 hours per day for 250 days.
    I can answer to a certain extent.

I paid at launch patron with real money for a month so I would have a chance at land etc. Then a bunch of fuck ups happened and we got free time and stuff. This happened more than once and I managed to stay with patron for more than 3 months without dishing a cent.

While you have "free" patron you can save your gold and do whatever you want with your labor BUT once people had to pay for patron, the game turned into a full-time job.

There was a time where the best way to farm gold was to grind monsters for purses and open a few hundreds a day, every day. (We are talking 400-500 purses a day unless you use labor potions) The other way was doing trade runs either by sea (Most money) or on land. I personally got sick of grinding monsters for purses so I started doing trade runs.

My day consisted of going in the auction (Unless I had extra already) buy stacks of 1k materials for whatever packs I wanted to craft (Because it wasn't worth making them yourself) and going from point A to Z 5+ times a day. Mind you, no auto pathing or auto run, you HAVE to pay attention or you get stuck on land. Of course the most profitable were going into pvp maps which took more planning since you couldn't do them anytime you wanted. My route was from a pvp map into peace full lands, and since I did them alone, I had to check the road beforehand with mount and if it was clear I would do one asap. I lost packs only once.

Now, there's also gearing which is super fun (Sarcasm of course) to upgrade! Tons and tons of fun! You would spend thousands of gold and if lucky you would get a great peace of equipment or go broke and have crap/nothing.

The last month I played the game I kept saying to myself (EVERYDAY) "Why am I still playing this game? All I do is make packs, trade them for gold so I can buy patron for the next month then afk the rest for labor."

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i bought AA..which came with a 3 months patron deal..

Then i quitted and never looked back..

All the points that are being made by this steam user i agree on..

The game was already doomed @ launch when the exploits were going on.. but then again.. the who people who coded this game are extremely stupid.. eveyrthing is done clieny side.. which is a hackers dream..

But that works in both china and korea, you see the abysmal client side security script along with gameguard or crap like that is more than enough there. Why? in both korea and china government have anti hacking laws for online games, in both of these countries online gaming is a source of major tax income for government. So according to the law, if someone hacks an online game, server or client, can be tried and sent to jail. Whether the hack has any meaningful effect on the game or not they still get jail time. In west there is no such law. So if someone just breaks the gameguard they are breaking law and can be tried.
    what has that anything to do with the russian or western version.

You think if you hack and adjust packages is legal in either russian version or western version?

This dont change any facts about AA that it is a hackers paradise

You should have played on the russian version when it launched lol.. people were spawning mob world bosses  in cities; flying all over the place.. and so forth..

i think the company learned alot from it tho
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Bloodaxes said:
    Sovrath said:
    I'm more suspicious as to why he spent over 2,000 hours and only NOW has chosen to go on record as to why he is leaving. 200 hours wasn't enough? 100? What about being generous and saying 500?

To put it in perspective 2,000 hours is playing 8 hours per day for 250 days.
    I can answer to a certain extent.

I paid at launch patron with real money for a month so I would have a chance at land etc. Then a bunch of fuck ups happened and we got free time and stuff. This happened more than once and I managed to stay with patron for more than 3 months without dishing a cent.

While you have "free" patron you can save your gold and do whatever you want with your labor BUT once people had to pay for patron, the game turned into a full-time job.

There was a time where the best way to farm gold was to grind monsters for purses and open a few hundreds a day, every day. (We are talking 400-500 purses a day unless you use labor potions) The other way was doing trade runs either by sea (Most money) or on land. I personally got sick of grinding monsters for purses so I started doing trade runs.

My day consisted of going in the auction (Unless I had extra already) buy stacks of 1k materials for whatever packs I wanted to craft (Because it wasn't worth making them yourself) and going from point A to Z 5+ times a day. Mind you, no auto pathing or auto run, you HAVE to pay attention or you get stuck on land. Of course the most profitable were going into pvp maps which took more planning since you couldn't do them anytime you wanted. My route was from a pvp map into peace full lands, and since I did them alone, I had to check the road beforehand with mount and if it was clear I would do one asap. I lost packs only once.

Now, there's also gearing which is super fun (Sarcasm of course) to upgrade! Tons and tons of fun! You would spend thousands of gold and if lucky you would get a great peace of equipment or go broke and have crap/nothing.

The last month I played the game I kept saying to myself (EVERYDAY) "Why am I still playing this game? All I do is make packs, trade them for gold so I can buy patron for the next month then afk the rest for labor."

You describe it as if it is the only way in Archeage to get gold and afford gear.

Its just you prefered this. It might fit you more and i don't critcize you in the slightest for your playstyle which is very valid but there are alternative playstyles.

One of the best ways for a great Archeage career was for months to not play solo but to make friends and go out fish or steal fish from fellow fishermen for example.

Just saying that you didn't had to do the same tedious thing all over and Archeage is the game theatz offers the most options on a MMORPG since a decade.

Besides farming purses or trade runs, what is your method to gain gold? Barely anyone did naval packs because with one of the patches the land packs were giving similar amount without any risks.

I did packs with people in the guild I didn't do it always alone but there comes a point where you will just press num lock and watch tv while paying attention to the road to not get stuck.

The guild leader's way to get money was to stay ingame all day from work/home on auction house and buying stuff for cheap and resell it. I'd rather bleach my eyes.

• NerblasNerblas Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Are the land grab hacks dealt with? I left the game mainly because of that, I could simply not upgrade my current properties, because I was unable to get any more land (even if I got up in the middle of the night, and was apparently the only one around, with low ping). 

I might consider going back, if i have the slightest chance to get land by grabbing it.

"Vidis Fodidis Est"

They were supposedly fixed but last I played unless you wanted multiple land in the best maps you could find easily since population dwindled down.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    DMKano said:
    Nerblas said:
    Are the land grab hacks dealt with? I left the game mainly because of that, I could simply not upgrade my current properties, because I was unable to get any more land (even if I got up in the middle of the night, and was apparently the only one around, with low ping). 

I might consider going back, if i have the slightest chance to get land by grabbing it.

The current rules are - you can only claim 2 unfinished plots. If you want to claim more you have to build them fully before claiming a 3rd.

Definitely makes a difference, since before you could claim 20 plots in 1 min which is impossible now.
    What if you have kits? Can you claim all your kits with land and then another 2 unclaimed?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am at a loss understanding the reasoning that calculates being logged on to a game to gain labour points while hitting a training dummy and the associated energy bill over paying a subscription that might have been cheaper than that light bill.
    Chamber of Chains
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited September 2015
    So if you had 5 plots before merge with buildings you can only claim 2 plots? I thought the kits came with everything you need to insta build?
    cheyane said:
    I am at a loss understanding the reasoning that calculates being logged on to a game to gain labour points while hitting a training dummy and the associated energy bill over paying a subscription that might have been cheaper than that light bill.
    Patron gain the same amount of labor online/offline now.

The F2P people have to stay logged in to gain labor. And you know, since they are most probably not the ones paying the bills, they won't care.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Bloodaxes said:
    Besides farming purses or trade runs, what is your method to gain gold? Barely anyone did naval packs because with one of the patches the land packs were giving similar amount without any risks.

I did packs with people in the guild I didn't do it always alone but there comes a point where you will just press num lock and watch tv while paying attention to the road to not get stuck.

The guild leader's way to get money was to stay ingame all day from work/home on auction house and buying stuff for cheap and resell it. I'd rather bleach my eyes.
    Ok so here what we have so far :

1) Purses
    2) safe land trade packs
    3)  Sea trade packs
    4) High sea fishing
    4) Piracing packs
    5) playing the maket (buying cheap / selling high) 

Thtas a lot of options to play the game already. You picks yours and others pick another one.

Fishing really? That was nerfed to oblivion.

Trade packs land or sea you are essentially doing the same thing. I didn't need to make it count as multiple ways. When they buffed the % of packs on land, people stopped doing sea runs because it was not worth it. Only sea packs done before I stopped where the kraken event packs. Treasure hunting was nerfed to oblivion making sea even more dead.

What I mentioned are the most viable options. Truthfully I forgot putting farms in auroria and farming crystals because that nets quite a few gold. (Though you still need to farm the purses since buying them will not net you good profit)

cheyane said:
    That is a interesting concept lets see. Bang on there haha. 

For me it says, to run my computer, which uses something like 600 watts 24 hours a day, at 19 cents a kilowatt, 82.99 a month haha. 
    edited September 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    Yes, some of the points made in that steam review is dated, but in all seriousness, the labor system was not a significant reason people left AA. Trion just doesn't know how imperative it is to launch a game properly, which for a game like AA that is a highly competitive environment is EXTREMELY important.

Trion can't fix the economy.
    Trion can't fix the shitty netcode.
    Trion can't fix the cash shop RNG.
    Trion can't fix the crafting RNG.
    Trion can't fix anything.

The fact they screwed up not only the first launch, the Auroria launch and now the 2.0 launch should be blatantly obvious that XLGames and Trion are completely clueless. Not to mention, it was proven that people initially caught cheating, exploiting and similar were never permanently banned. Why you ask? Because 1000's of players were cheating. If Trion banned them all, AA would have been screwed like it was before 2.0 with ghost servers.

I've never once denied that AA itself isn't a masterpiece of an MMO. The problem is with the management of the game, plain and simple. I honestly believe AA could have been as successful if not more successful than WoW. So long as it remains the way it is, it will die a horrible self inflicted and agonizing death.

DMKano will forever disagree with the concept of a subscription only with no P2W cash shop server. I and many others believe it would be the saving grace of a very well designed game.
    I personally would rather have a server with 100 people on it, and no cheaters, than 10000 cheaters. Your right though, they won't ban them, not because there are a lot of them, but because they pay a lot of money to them. Wish they would just do what wurm just did, and release the server code. Be nice to have a AA server, where no cheating is allowed, with a max pop of 1 gm per 100 people. That way they get banned instantly. Lots of people love quantity of quality though. 

I agree it will 100 percent die. The game isn't all that different from UO Fel, and that game would of been dead a long time ago, if they did not make Tram. 
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    The brand new euro server has snowballed out of control. Good luck getting anything done in conflict territories.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I left in Dec when it was semi reasonable. Labor pots were up and down between 18 and 30G, Apex were 200-250, tax certs started going for 1G per and climbing, land was reasonably priced (700-1200 for a 16 x16; 2-4K for a 24x24) Trade packs were the pits (before they buffed pay offs). So I just farmed crops and processed them. Everything (dried flowers, grain, produce, puree) was selling for at least 4S per. Puree was 8-9 generally. Some stuff sold for slightly better than refined. So it was good mix refine stuff and blow your labor and make decent money or sell raw no labor and make OK money.

Cant do that now everything is priced right at the limit and labor is quite a bit more expensive (if youre buying it). So profit margins are not there now.

The thing now is though if you dont have land you have too much labor, if you have land you dont have enough. That right there tells me the system is flawed. I wasted a bunch today because I maxed out and the free patron they gave will regen it back before I get back in again.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    tried the game aswell after i quitted near launch..

Its still a fcking mess lol

I wanted to start over on that new eu server which i even cant because i got 3 chars on another server..

Deleted 2 chars.. need to wait 24 hours lol

somewhere i remembered i bought chars slots tho...