Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article: In Depth Summary of Chronicles of Elyria

raynforceraynforce Member UncommonPosts: 25
edited October 2015 in Chronicles of Elyria

Chronicles of Elyria: A Rundown of the Known Systems and Concepts

The above link is an in depth summary that I wrote about the currently known core concepts and game systems of Chronicles of Elyria for my gaming community (and even a few not so well known tidbits). Information in this article has been verified to be true by Soulbound Studios as of September 12, 2015 (some information may change after this date, but I will try to update).

"That is a whole lot of information! Kudos to you for pulling all of those separate threads and thoughts together. I've looked it over, and can verify that it is all accurate, so you're free to release."

-Lindsey Walsh (Camigwen), Director of Outreach, Soulbound Studios

If you feel that any information in this article is unclear or inaccurate, please send me a private message or post it here. Also be sure to include a link to the official source of the information you are correcting.

Post edited by raynforce on

Comments

• alexanderyoualexanderyou Member UncommonPosts: 2
    @raynforce This is how I heard about the game, it was a well made article that explained the parts most people would be interested in.
  • JeromyWalshJeromyWalsh Soulbound StudiosMember UncommonPosts: 134
    @raynforce This is how I heard about the game, it was a well made article that explained the parts most people would be interested in.
    Glad it brought you to us.
    Jeromy Walsh, 
    Owner/CEO of Soulbound Studios
    ChroniclesOfElyria.com
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Great job on the article. Nicely written.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    DMKano said:
    Nice article - one caveat

There is no game yet and everything is subject to major changes, including the game ever seeing the light of day.

Actually the game has progressed in development terms way more then what people think, they are playing there cards right. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • raynforceraynforce Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I can no longer update my original post but, for those who are interested, I have also made a copy of my article here on the mmorpg.com blogs at:

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/raynforce/092015/28763_Chronicles-of-Elyria-A-Rundown-of-the-Known-Systems-and-Concepts

• xevier77xevier77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I really don't know how i feel about the business/death model of this game.  I say that because in a MMO where bugs or exploits will happen, because multi-billion dollar corps. still don't find them all, how can you possible monetize player death.  I am just thinking of the fire storm of hate and failure that will precede the first time someone realizes they can teleport through walls or doup something or que up non global CD attacks on someone.   How the victim would of been playing for months just to die to stupid and have to put in their credit card to start all over with nothing.   I mean it just screams rage quit at you.   One of the reasons why consoles took off and arcade halls died was because arcade halls could cost you the price of two or three trips what an entire console costs.  Sure the graphics were worse, but you didn't have to stand up and you didn't have to pop a quarter every time some gimmicky boss drop kicked you in the forehead.  I mean full loot pvp games are already a niche market, but you making it IRL pay each time you die.... well Good luck in the employment line.
  • Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    xevier77 said:
    I really don't know how i feel about the business/death model of this game.  I say that because in a MMO where bugs or exploits will happen, because multi-billion dollar corps. still don't find them all, how can you possible monetize player death.  I am just thinking of the fire storm of hate and failure that will precede the first time someone realizes they can teleport through walls or doup something or que up non global CD attacks on someone.   How the victim would of been playing for months just to die to stupid and have to put in their credit card to start all over with nothing.   I mean it just screams rage quit at you.   One of the reasons why consoles took off and arcade halls died was because arcade halls could cost you the price of two or three trips what an entire console costs.  Sure the graphics were worse, but you didn't have to stand up and you didn't have to pop a quarter every time some gimmicky boss drop kicked you in the forehead.  I mean full loot pvp games are already a niche market, but you making it IRL pay each time you die.... well Good luck in the employment line.

I would assume that bugs, as when it happens in other games, will be addressed and compensated for accordingly. Also, just because you become incapacitated, or even coup de grace'd, doesnt mean you are dead and need to pay again. If Im out traveling and get attacked and lag out, I wont have to just pony up money to start over. I will have a chance to log back in and spirit walk to my body. Yes, it means I may be fully looted, but it wont cost me money. And if you die of 'natural' causes in the wilderness and spirit walk back to your body it probably wont be looted unless someone happens to find it. And there will probably be rewards for finding bugs. So if you find that invisible wall by a rock and get stuck you can report it, and probably end up better off, even if you die. I think you should think about it as monetizing the players life, not their death.