Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no healers ?

rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
erm no holy trinity is destined to fail, my hype for this game just died :(

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    edited September 2015
    there is healing tho.. grouphealing..

I played the game on korean servers on and off for x months now..

visually very nice game tho.. but heavy gear based and RNG..

So.. no thx :P
  • AylindelAylindel Member UncommonPosts: 22
    no healers, seems to be the newest trend in MMO nowadays.  i think the holy Trinity worked great.   but by doing so the game becomes more casual.  and less group oriented.    no wonder why people gets bored so quick.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited November 2015
    Game's combat doesn't lend itself well to healing mechanics.  Though I guess it would be an opportunity to reinvent healing as a whole.  Something like the Abathur mechanic in Heroes of the storm.  Be a normal character but then turn into some kind've mist and go inside of another character to provide heals or something.  Then leave when they're healed or stay in them to keep up a support buff.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    No trinity =

*easy gameplay
    *action button mashing
    *no community
    *game is deserted after 2 weeks

I see all the telltale signs of a very bad MMO in Black Desert.
  • AylindelAylindel Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Kiyoris said:
    No trinity =

*easy gameplay
    *action button mashing
    *no community

i totally agree with you.   it seems they wanted to take on the heavy pvp niche path
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Kiyoris said:
    No trinity =

*easy gameplay
    *action button mashing
    *no community

Imo holy trinity is easy gameplay, smash buttons, its rage nowdays all new mmos are deserter after a few weeks :pleased: 

But black deserts wizard/witch/valkry can act as healer/supporter :) 

• SylannSylann Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Skyforge has no trinity, and soloing dungeon require skill, if you do the ones in "impossible"
    Blade and soul has no healer, but when you deal damages you can regen your hp back.

It makes games more immersives, you move more, and don't stay away throwing fireballs without moving ^^'
    Dodge is the basics of these new games, you are not much heal, so don't take damages.

Killing a boss with heal is nice, but being able to kill one without a heal (as a dps) cause you know how to dodge and move is just sooooooo nice :D 

Absence of heal just means another way to heal yourself, in Skyforge boss got several life bars and each bar drop life ball. In B&S you can insert gem on your weapon that sucks ennemy's life, and some skill regen life (just for a few class, the "tank" one ^^).

Holy Trinity is all but holy, you made this holy and don't want anyone to touch it, but I think it's good to test new things, progress is allways nice, and if it doesn't work they will try something else or go back to this holy trinity.

Missing this holy days when this holy planet was still holy flat and we could fall if we were going to this holy border ^^'

I'm joking but innovation is not a bad thing. Ok there is no heal but in recent games such as BDO you came move smoothly than in all the old mmo... that's a good point.
    I just played B&S and Skyforge and I find swtor gameplay totaly lame, and it has trinity (same for other games, i take risks : wow, aion, etc... ^^')

Sylann
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    rush1984 said:
    Blade and soul is the same, so is gw2 in that they have no healers or tanks. 

They did it due to players hating the long waits for dungeons, the only people who should be honestly mad are people who like playing those roles...which is a minority.

• SylannSylann Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I like playing healer in PvP and pvE in swtor.
    Healer may be a minority but it is a very good role, often yelled at when everyone dies but when I succeed at maintaining everyone alive I'm far more proud of me as when i am just the dps killing the boss or the ennemy players.

I like healers, they save my life countless times, but I'm open to new ideas without them ^^
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    rush1984 said:
    They tried something different now I hate it.  Typical response for those who have kept the genre in the same place for 10 years.  Be open minded and try to enjoy a game instead of getting mad over not having a particular class you like.  Be happy they tried something that wasn't the same old system.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    It would be weird to have dedicated healers in a game that doesn't require them.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    im not mad, i simply wont play a mmorpg without teh holy trinity, and i hardly play healer  i prefer tanking but its nice to have the choice , i only like mmorpgs that have holy trinity ive got gw2 and it fuckign sucks in dungeons and the pvp is lame
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    i dont like zerg gameplay i like having a holy trinity because that is what i find fun everyone knows there roles 
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2015
    Lineage 1 has no proper holy trinity and yet is the second most popular MMO only behind WoW. The lack of trinity doesn't mean solo casual game, cause L1 is hardcore open world group-guild oriented.

It is just a matter of design group oriented monsters that are not possible to be killed by one single player and L1 does it by controlling the HP regen of the monster.

An example: if your char is only capable of 50 damage per second, you cant kill a monster with 250 HP regen per second, only 6 players like you will kill it because 6*50 = 300 DPS > 250 HP/s. With this simple mechanic you can design monsters for solo, small and large groups and it has been working in L1 since 1998.

And as L1 is open pvp focused, your group-guild also needs to deal with other groups-guilds in the spot you are farming, not only with monsters.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited November 2015
    Sticking with EVE, it still has "healing" in it.  =)

And certainly no "action combat" to worry about" :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    No real healers = GW2?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited November 2015
    Witch/Wizard and Valkyrie all have heals and buffs. Witch/Wizard actually has a lot of supportive capabilities and does that role quite well in the context of this game. There's no need for someone to spam heals in this game because it's action combat, but they do have a well rounded toolset of damage, CC, buffs, shields, heals, mana regen, mana drain, and rez. Valkyrie is more of a paladin style.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    rush1984 said:
    Ah yes the good old days of waiting for hours at the quest hub shouting "looking for healer"

/no tks

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    I have yet to see any game have party based mechanics that worked without healers and tanks.

The lack of healer will keep me from playing this game. I do not see the point of a mmo if there is no party dependence. It is the same thing that killed gw2 for me nothing fun about a whole bunch of people playing dodge the aoe and zerging stuff down.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I do miss old school trinity, I like the thought you need to put behind every action as a team. There is more to tactics with a trinity model. Non-trinity games also tend to have more zergs and they tend to be the main way to win. But there is the part where its way faster to make a team and just play. I have yet to find a non-trinity game I love but I think someone may get this right one day lol. Will try BD before I call their non-trinity combat a fail. From what I have read, this is not where they FAIL!!!!!!
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited November 2015
    Kiyoris said:
    No trinity =

*easy gameplay
    *action button mashing
    *no community

Actually quite the opposite. Trinity is easy mode with the tank being the only real threat to the mob. Not to mention your defense is solely dependent on the stats in your gear where you stand there and get hit like a log. Hell I can chat on the phone in a raid while the buttons light up and I wack a mole.

Having the timing and skill to dodge damage & to choose your combos wisely takes way more skill in an action combat model. As for a non-trinity group everyone's engaged in battle & it's way more immersive and you only have yourself to blame for not doing your part.

Despite this I like or dislike the two any better it's just a different way of doing things and different is good! It never ceases to amaze me how mmo gamers revel in the thought of a new title failing when you should hoping for something new and exciting.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Xatsh said:
    I have yet to see any game have party based mechanics that worked without healers and tanks.

The lack of healer will keep me from playing this game. I do not see the point of a mmo if there is no party dependence. It is the same thing that killed gw2 for me nothing fun about a whole bunch of people playing dodge the aoe and zerging stuff down.

I've played Vindictus for 5yrs which is a non-trinity action combat dungeon crawler. Runs are complex and engaging. Nothing better than doing runs with any combo of classes with everyone sharing risk and no blame game going on. It works and works well.

Just because you don't like that combat model doesn't mean it doesn't exist or can't work.

• KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    mikuniman said:
    Kiyoris said:
    No trinity =

*easy gameplay
    *action button mashing
    *no community

Actually quite the opposite. Trinity is easy mode with the tank being the only real threat to the mob. Not to mention your defense is solely dependent on the stats in your gear where you stand there and get hit like a log. Hell I can chat on the phone in a raid while the buttons light up and I wack a mole.

Having the timing and skill to dodge damage & to choose your combos wisely takes way more skill in an action combat model. As for a non-trinity group everyone's engaged in battle & it's way more immersive and you only have yourself to blame for not doing your part.

Despite this I like or dislike the two any better it's just a different way of doing things and different is good! It never ceases to amaze me how mmo gamers revel in the thought of a new title failing when you should hoping for something new and exciting.
    Ever notice that in general when trinity critics explain how trinity combat is either simplistic or easily mastered, they will use a quintessential tank and spank fight to illustrate their point--ignoring the fact that tank and spank fights are not a necessary and inescapable design imperative in trinity games?

Similarly, action combat detractors tend to emphasize zerg mechanics beyond all fairness--also not a necessary and inescapable design imperative.

To include dodging, healing, taunting, aiming, or any other key-press/camera movement mechanic does not in and of itself guarantee complexity or challenge in a game's combat encounters. These functions are merely small pieces of what we should all hope are large and intricate puzzles.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Skyforge does a good job without having a healer by having a really great method of allowing DPS to cause heals (health orbs) as they damage the boss.  Really, cannot praise that idea enough, it is the best innovation I have seen in an MMO in ages.  Should be noted that they still have support classes that take the place of healers, though, just with more interesting and varied gameplay.

Every other example of a game that had no healers has lead to insanely awful PvE content.

I think developers are wanting to get away from healing for a couple of reasons.  The first being that they want to stand out, and this is the current trendy way to do it.  The second being that they do not understand how healing is fun, likely because they do not understand how good healers play.  Timing boss hits, pre-casting heals, and preemptively HoTing players is fun.  Games that do not require healers to do those things are just suffering from lazy design, not suffering from healing being boring.  Healing is fun when it requires the healer to correctly see what is going to happen before it occurs, and that is what games should aim for.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다