Lets face it , for many of MMO veterans the situation is not really peachy.
We have waited for that "next gen" mmo for years. But instead of getting it we have seen MMO genre topple down on our heads burdened by Copy WoW/EQ TM gameplay. We have forgot what MMOs used to be like, now playing mini emulation of quest based RPGs with watered down quests ( in order to spread content as much as possible ) and constant instancing and minimizing Massive part of MMO gameplay. To make things even worse the MMO genre is dying with AA companies starting to avoid it as plague.
Its drove me nuts. And i tried everything
Only to find something in least expected place... A mini MMO made as a side project by team of 12 people.
Why should you be excited about it ?
1. Its sandbox - No quests , no direction
2. It has DIablo like random loot
3. Twich skill based combat
4. The game is love letter to Arcade/Early console classic - did you like "Super Adventure Box" you will love this
5. Build your own worlds , create dungeons , weapons - it can be added to the game
6. The game is growing and becoming a sleeper hit - I dont know for you but I like to play games that are thriving instead of dying
7. The team is super responsive and plans many many new things added to the game.
8. Its nothing like WOW
So, for what its worth try it. Its silly and not that big - but damn its refreshing !