Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers to be Rolled Back, Compensation Coming Soon | ArcheAge | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    I continue to be amazed at the white knights who can completely and totally whitewash anything that companies do that cause such problems by making it seem like they are the good guys. A: Trion does have control over development even if they don't have their own programmers as per their contract. B: Trion is responsible for coding issues that cause problems like this. C: Just because players got the rollback doesn't mean Trion is the good guy you make them out to be, they didn't listen to the players when we all told Trion there was several things wrong with Glyph the first hundred times in the forums, even professional programmers told them there were several things wrong. Where was the launcher that players asked for that didn't have massive holes in the coding if Trion was so wonderful about it why didn't they provide that?
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited September 2015
    DMKano said:
    Kopogero said:
    First come first serve for plots is a recipe of a disaster and UO suffered from the same flawed design. Certain plots/houses should be obtainable after a certain status/wealth a player obtains not handed out on first come basis.

The limited number of land plots is a basic design element of ArcheAge - this was made to promote real estate competition as at the core ArcheAge is a guild competitive game.

They could have easily made it to where every player was guaranteed certain # of plots - but again the limited land plots are INTENTIONAL to promote competition.

Their housing system is intentionally horrid. Good to know. Every account should be allowed one type of plot per server. 
    If they make it instant base they can do that for a plot of land, but what they have now a open world. And for 1 per account then there more people then land so would not work as a open world game. If you mean if players having more then 1 plot of land, then people can still  just make a 2nd or 3rd account or so on just to get more land.
    1 type of plot, per account, per server, with the only exception to this rule being if you directly purchase plots from another player. This would be a workaround for the land hacking.

Joined - July 2004

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    DMKano said:
    Kopogero said:
    First come first serve for plots is a recipe of a disaster and UO suffered from the same flawed design. Certain plots/houses should be obtainable after a certain status/wealth a player obtains not handed out on first come basis.

The limited number of land plots is a basic design element of ArcheAge - this was made to promote real estate competition as at the core ArcheAge is a guild competitive game.

They could have easily made it to where every player was guaranteed certain # of plots - but again the limited land plots are INTENTIONAL to promote competition.

Their housing system is intentionally horrid. Good to know. Every account should be allowed one type of plot per server. 
    If they make it instant base they can do that for a plot of land, but what they have now a open world. And for 1 per account then there more people then land so would not work as a open world game. If you mean if players having more then 1 plot of land, then people can still  just make a 2nd or 3rd account or so on just to get more land.
    1 type of plot, per account, per server, with the only exception to this rule being if you directly purchase plots from another player. This would be a workaround for the land hacking.
    This probably won't solve anything, there are people who pay for several account and login with all of them and get all the lands. one thing they could do is make the housing/farming more real life like, for example if you have more than one house for each house the tax will increase twice as much of base tax, for 3 house three times the base amount and vice-verse. If that is the case then people who are not complete whale would never bother getting more than 1 house and 1 farm per server.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    How is it , that we all saw this mess coming and yet , Trions erhmmm Professional Dev team did not ... ANd do they bother testing there updates at all, pretty incompetent and what we have come to expect from this Dev house

devs don't test 3rd party products.

Trion devs have nothing to do with ArcheAge.

All testing is done by QA.
    The problems ere caused solely by Trion and there Glyph .. plz read and understnad what is happening before you get on yer white horse and post foolishly..

quoted from Trion ............".ArcheAge 2.0 is the culmination of months of work by the ArcheAge team here at Trion and XLGAMES, and the errors that were caused were solely in Glyph’s Authentication."
    Rift, Defiance, Trove(which has daily login in hundred thousands); all developed by Trion and they don't have any problem with Glyph. AA not developed by Trion, have problem with Glyph. Common sense would suggest something is wrong with AA particularly but common sense is a commodity hardly found on internet.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    still required to have an active subscription and pile lots of money into the cash shops though. This is why i dropped out of the game, its a pure money sink. Add to that the fact that the game has not done that well anywhere that it has been released in (Dissapointment) and that they are trying to get it going but not at that cost tag it has to get stuff. Either have a cash shop or have a subscription but NOT both.
    I agree until the last line. i don't see any problem with cash shops as long as it has no negative effect on the game. But AA cash shop is ultimately a overbearing mess, they could go a pure cash shop road like korean version but that would not work here, subscription for AA is just like giving a few bonus for less but ultimately they want us to buy from cash shop...
    The periode of time befor Cash Shops were introduced, were the golden times, where developers listened to the Players and try to give the players what they wanted. With a Cash Shop, development process shifted to: Which items and features a player will be ready to open his Credit card for? And it also gave some of the games like LOTRO - a life support, instead of shuting it down and rebooting with up to date graphics and features. In our fast developing world, games should not live for more than 5 years. Because than they become dated and halt the game progress in my opinion.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    edited September 2015
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    How is it , that we all saw this mess coming and yet , Trions erhmmm Professional Dev team did not ... ANd do they bother testing there updates at all, pretty incompetent and what we have come to expect from this Dev house

The problems ere caused solely by Trion and there Glyph .. plz read and understnad what is happening before you get on yer white horse and post foolishly..

quoted from Trion ............".ArcheAge 2.0 is the culmination of months of work by the ArcheAge team here at Trion and XLGAMES, and the errors that were caused were solely in Glyph’s Authentication."
    Rift, Defiance, Trove(which has daily login in hundred thousands); all developed by Trion and they don't have any problem with Glyph. AA not developed by Trion, have problem with Glyph. Common sense would suggest something is wrong with AA particularly but common sense is a commodity hardly found on internet.
    It was Trion responsibility to make Archeage compatible with Glyph.
    Post edited by Jonas_SG on
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    DRM platforms can be finicky for sure. I'm glad they did a rollback and I almost feel sorry for Trion because they always seem to have problems. I know many fanboys defend them but, that is becoming sad to watch as well. They definitely need some changes in management. I hope they clean house soon and get some people who really know how to run a gaming company. I would love to see their reputation rebound.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    DMKano said:

So pathetic

So pathetic that players asked for rollback and got what they wanted?

Really... lol
    I'm obviously referring to the entire fiasco that is AA in the west, Kano. Please put down the koolaid for 5 seconds...My god.

not gonna happen - apparently soooooo good - but your request is the funniest thing i've read today, and i've been reading the AA forums

Jonas_SG said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

It was Trion responsibility to make Archeage compatible with Glyph.
    Of course it is but how exactly would they do it? They are not allowed to alter client or server side scripting of the game, the reason they could not roll back last time was because XLGames did not code such option in the game. Every time they have a problem they have to ask XLGames to code in solution that Trion sees fit for their own structure and if XLGames don't find the changes asked to be intrusive to their own work they add the proper changes and then Trion have to test it on their end and then when the change is added to live server more problems occur and again they have to ask XLGames to add in more coding soulition. Do I really need to spell out every few details for you guys?  ohh wait...i see what is going on..ahh yeah..as i have wrote earlier : common sense is a commodity hardly found on internet.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2015
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Exactly.
    Well i suppose you can take it up with Trion as that is there quote and there take on how the servers landed in this mess...
      Unless of course you think they are to incompetent to disect there own problem correctly and address it to the public ....

Which honestly would not surprise me.....

lol no wait now that i think about it .. All of those games have had problems with Glyph .. Trove being the most recent ... 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It was the correct decision but i still am disappointed they have failed every single launch of every single game.
    I also wonder if they would have done anything if players did not complain,that would tell the true class of a developer,however to that we will never know.I guess the positive is those 90% that never got a fair shake will now "hopefully" get a fair shake.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Exactly.
    Well i suppose you can take it up with Trion as that is there quote and there take on how the servers landed in this mess...
      Unless of course you think they are to incompetent to disect there own problem correctly and address it to the public ....

lol no wait now that i think about it .. All of those games have had problems with Glyph .. Trove being the most recent ... 
    Trove did not have to be rolled back, the problem trove had were server population, not authentication, they did not have enough server to let people in, they added more server, queue went down, everybody could get in, problem solved, no problem with glyph. Rift and Definace never had this kind of problem with Glyph, except for the very 1st time glyph were integrated when in some cases some of the game files for corrupted, I personally had to download 8GB of Rift data again due to Glyph and i read Defiance forums where people had similar problems due to Glyph but their download was less than Rift, that is all the problem Rift and Defiance had with Glyph, such is the process of integrating new code in a system.

What happens with AA is totally a different matter, if you try to add diesel to a patrol engine would it work? Here Glyph is like diesel that is Trion trying to put in patrol engine AA, which obviously will fail unless they change up a few things in the engine, which Trion are currently trying to do along with XLGames, again, and i can assure you next time Trion updates the game to newest AA version this will happen again. Just you watch. The only solution for AA is to dump it, plain and simple.

Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Exactly.

Trove did not have to be rolled back, the problem trove had were server population, not authentication, they did not have enough server to let people in, they added more server, queue went down, everybody could get in, problem solved, no problem with glyph. Rift and Definace never had this kind of problem with Glyph, except for the very 1st time glyph were integrated when in some cases some of the game files for corrupted, I personally had to download 8GB of Rift data again due to Glyph and i read Defiance forums where people had similar problems due to Glyph but their download was less than Rift, that is all the problem Rift and Defiance had with Glyph, such is the process of integrating new code in a system.

What happens with AA is totally a different matter, if you try to add diesel to a patrol engine would it work? Here Glyph is like diesel that is Trion trying to put in patrol engine AA, which obviously will fail unless they change up a few things in the engine, which Trion are currently trying to do along with XLGames, again, and i can assure you next time Trion updates the game to newest AA version this will happen again. Just you watch. The only solution for AA is to dump it, plain and simple.
      I never said Trove had a roll back ... stop makin stuff up to attempt to defend the mess that Trion has made again .. And many,many people had trouble with Trove Authentication with thru Glyph ... search for your self..
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Scorchien said:
      I never said Trove had a roll back ... stop makin stuff up to attempt to defend the mess that Trion has made again .. And many,many people had trouble with Trove Authentication with thru Glyph ... search for your self..
    You waste your time and energy here. The last thing these guys accept are any other facts than their own. The knights are too blinded by their own shiny armor.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Wasnt the Auroria launch issue caused by a third party program (hackshield)? Dont you think at this point that Trion would be testing its third party programs before a launch? At the very least testing with their own launcher?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    DMKano said:

So pathetic

So pathetic that players asked for rollback and got what they wanted?

Really... lol
    I think he's referring to the fact that Trion have shit and/or are currently re-shitting the bed when it comes to how they've handled AA. 
    DMKano said:

Volgore said:
    Scorchien said:
    You waste your time and energy here. The last thing these guys accept are any other facts than their own. The knights are too blinded by their own shiny armor.

Because facts > fantasy 

Trove had *game server capacity* issues not Glyph issues. There were far too many players trying to log into Trove than game servers could handle.

This issue with Archeage was not due to game server capacity - it was due to Glyph to Archeage communication issues.

Two different things. 

Bottom line - get facts together first.

lmao you are one to talk go back a couple pages and read your own posts
  • toidimaettoidimaet Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Exactly.

These nested quotes make nice shapes, wouldn't you agree :D
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Flush this turd.