Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - The Community Hub

1356726

Comments

  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Shaigh said:
     it doesn't show the core gameplay of Squadron 42, if they had any of the core gameplay they would make sure to show it.
    The core gameplay of Squadron 42 is to fight the Vanduul in space.

    Thats what the Vanduul Swarm Arena Commander mission is all about. For the last year already.

    *** SPOILER ALERT ***
    If you want to know what Vanduul ships you will fight in space in SQ42 and how it looks like when you board a Vanduul ship, check out this leaked information:

    *** SPOILER ALERT END ***


    Have fun

    So someone brings up that the core gameplay of SQ42 wasn't shown and your response is to post a youtube video of pretty pictures? Know what would have made for a more convincing counterpoint? Posting a youtube video of the core gameplay of SQ42 but why actually counter other peoples arguments when you can just try to misdirect away from the facts.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Shaigh said:
     it doesn't show the core gameplay of Squadron 42, if they had any of the core gameplay they would make sure to show it.
    The core gameplay of Squadron 42 is to fight the Vanduul in space.

    Thats what the Vanduul Swarm Arena Commander mission is all about. For the last year already.

    *** SPOILER ALERT ***
    If you want to know what Vanduul ships you will fight in space in SQ42 and how it looks like when you board a Vanduul ship, check out this leaked information:

    *** SPOILER ALERT END ***


    Have fun

    So someone brings up that the core gameplay of SQ42 wasn't shown and your response is to post a youtube video of pretty pictures? Know what would have made for a more convincing counterpoint? Posting a youtube video of the core gameplay of SQ42 but why actually counter other peoples arguments when you can just try to misdirect away from the facts.
    LOL you hit the nail on the head. What I find amazing is how MMORPG allows him to keep posting this stuff. I love this site for my gaming needs but am really thinking of leaving the site and never come back. This is the only site I allow ads to be run so they are paid for what I like to see on the site. 

    But the way they allow @Erillion to spam this BS is just amazing. I believe if and I should say when SC fails big time it could have an impact on MMORPG! At this point no gaming site should support SC until they actually show a REAL playable game! 
    bwwianakiev
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,303
    Interesting player-made video ... why you should not open your cockpit while being hit by a missile ....and how cool other players can be that come to rescue someone lost in space!




    Have fun



  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,303
    edited January 2016
    More interesting player made videos:

    First is how to do the infamous "Cobra" maneuver (break hard, let enemy overshoot, kill) in SC



    Second one is an escort mission. Player Hornet fighter escorts and protects a player Constellation. Nice precision flying to be seen there and some nice closer looks at the Cry Astro repair and refuel station. 



    Third is transporting a crate from one station to another, showing object manipulation. To some that may be incredibly boring as there is no fighting. For people like me that video is very interesting as it shows what i can do with my environment. For all those that were interior house designers and fish tank makers in Star Wars Galaxies - thats for you ! ;-) 



    Have fun
  • LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    And the spam continues

    Have spam!
    We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    And the spam continues

    Have spam!
    Hey! He needs to make a living mate!

    ..Cake..

  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    Is it true PC Gamer did a walk through and never seen anything that could be called a game? I need to go to library and look at all past issues for SC!
    Or you could do this:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen/
    Have fun

    It doesn't matter either way.  For better or for worse there is now an "alpha" version.  So people can decide for themselves: does it look like  SC will see the light of day; could it be a game they may play etc.

    What someone wrote in the past based on what they were shown in the past - meaningless. It is now out there, warts and all for us as individuals to decide.

    Ah but 5 years ago Fred said .....
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

    ~4 years in, still in the early stages of development :)

    And?

    What does "4 years in" mean. Does it mean what you think it does? 

    Consider: how long did it take to make Wildstar? 7 years or 9 years?

    The reality of course is that for the first 2 years Carbine - the independent studio - fleshed out an idea and then hawked it around, pitching the idea until NCSoft bought Carbine. That secured funding. So 9 years? 7 years? Less?

    Same deal with e.g. Destiny - 2.5 years to make ........after inking the deal with Activision. And its not just games; films typically have long gestation periods - Ender's Game years; John Carter (of Mars) decades!

    And the likes of Wildstar and Destiny had it "easy" once they had secured funding.

    You have an idea and someone turns up with loadsa money. Off you go, the clocks ticking, what do you need to do?

    If you are in charge of an existing studio you would pull together a small team to: scope out the task; break the task into work elements; identify the resource needed; identify work durations; estimate costs; create a schedule ... to name just a few.

    Not being in charge of a studio your first step will have to be assembling the small team! 

    And once you start paying people you also need to sort out a company structure, generate accounts and more.

    OK you now have a plan off you go .... whoops still no staff. So next step: advertise, interview, recruit. Or is it? Since you have no offices, software or even chairs. Or is it? Since you don't actually have  loadsa money .... and staff will want paying, rents willneed paying, chairs buying .... 

    And you still haven't started coding! And there is even more that has to be done before you can start. And raising funds needs to continue.

    So when you say 4 years in is this what you meant? Or did you believe they have been coding for 4 years?

    Now "time to market" is a factor but the key is whether the (envisaged) market is there when the product releases. Which is one of the roles of the alpha, to build and sustain the market.

    Will SC be a hit ? No idea. From a business perspective however what has been achieved so far - with crowd funding - is huge.



    bwwianakiev
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    gervaise1 said:

    ~4 years in, still in the early stages of development :)

    And?

    What does "4 years in" mean. Does it mean what you think it does? 

    Consider: how long did it take to make Wildstar? 7 years or 9 years?

    The problem was never that it SC might take a long time, but the fact that SC was "promised" to be in release stage by 2014. I think that is the point that a few of the comments I see here don't seem to get.

    Wildstar didn't say they will release at any particular date until it was about to be released.

    SC probably shouldn't have made that projection lol and say instead "it's done when it's done", because now people are holding them to it.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited January 2016
    And the spam continues

    Have spam!
    He is posting material about SC on the SC SECTION of these boards. Can you please elaborate on how is this spam ?

    Does this offend you and the rest of the haters squad ?
    bwwianakiev
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Brenics said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Shaigh said:




     but am really thinking of leaving the site and never come back. 
    Please don't get my hopes up, if you don't really mean it.
    bwwianakiev

    In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Erillion said:
    A long and bumpy road.....  
    We all agree on that.

    But IMHO its worth it.


    Have fun
    If it ever releases as described, even I will agree with you!
    If....

    Yup.

    And when will that be? 2018? 2022?

    After they release 100 new ships to keep the money rolling in? 200?

    This game deserves no hype or attention until it releases, in the form promised, on account of all the deadlines it has missed, and other things it has not delivered on.


    And that is from someone with no dog in this "fight".

  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Brenics said:

    LOL you hit the nail on the head. What I find amazing is how MMORPG allows him to keep posting this stuff. I love this site for my gaming needs but am really thinking of leaving the site and never come back. This is the only site I allow ads to be run so they are paid for what I like to see on the site. 

    But the way they allow @Erillion to spam this BS is just amazing. I believe if and I should say when SC fails big time it could have an impact on MMORPG! At this point no gaming site should support SC until they actually show a REAL playable game! 
    There has been an Erillion for every game I can remember around here, even SWG's NGE had it's own version of Eril'. Obraik if I remember correctly. Just like the past Obraik's, they'll move on eventually, with little impact at all on MMORPG.com.

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Distopia said:
    Brenics said:

    LOL you hit the nail on the head. What I find amazing is how MMORPG allows him to keep posting this stuff. I love this site for my gaming needs but am really thinking of leaving the site and never come back. This is the only site I allow ads to be run so they are paid for what I like to see on the site. 

    But the way they allow @Erillion to spam this BS is just amazing. I believe if and I should say when SC fails big time it could have an impact on MMORPG! At this point no gaming site should support SC until they actually show a REAL playable game! 
    There has been an Erillion for every game I can remember around here, even SWG's NGE had it's own version of Eril'. Obraik if I remember correctly. Just like the past Obraik's, they'll move on eventually, with little impact at all on MMORPG.com.
    So, your mocking a person who goes to the SC section on these boards and posts stuff about the game like videos, interviews, fan made content etc..

    And your ok with Brenics. The guy who over the past months literally flooded mmorpg with hundreds of posts regarding CR and CIG filled with unfounded accusations and arguments the like: "look at how expensive the desk and the chair CR is sitting on are".

    But no worries, you and he will move on eventually.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited January 2016
    Shodanas said:
    Distopia said:
    Brenics said:

    LOL you hit the nail on the head. What I find amazing is how MMORPG allows him to keep posting this stuff. I love this site for my gaming needs but am really thinking of leaving the site and never come back. This is the only site I allow ads to be run so they are paid for what I like to see on the site. 

    But the way they allow @Erillion to spam this BS is just amazing. I believe if and I should say when SC fails big time it could have an impact on MMORPG! At this point no gaming site should support SC until they actually show a REAL playable game! 
    There has been an Erillion for every game I can remember around here, even SWG's NGE had it's own version of Eril'. Obraik if I remember correctly. Just like the past Obraik's, they'll move on eventually, with little impact at all on MMORPG.com.
    So, your mocking a person who goes to the SC section on these boards and posts stuff about the game like videos, interviews, fan made content etc..

    And your ok with Brenics. The guy who over the past months literally flooded mmorpg with hundreds of posts regarding CR and CIG filled with unfounded accusations and arguments the like: "look at how expensive the desk and the chair CR is sitting on are".

    But no worries, you and he will move on eventually.
    What gives you that idea? Firstly I wasn't mocking Erillion, just pointing out every game has had the guy who posts a bunch of info on the game, nothing more nothing less. As for being okay with Brenics, same thing, every game has had a brenics as well. I'm neither for or against either, they can do or say as they please... I seriously doubt either is going to "impact MMORPG.com", which was the point i was addressing.

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Shodanas said:
    ...

    But no worries, you and he will move on eventually.
    One can but hope... :D
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    If you haven't learned yet there is no gray area with Star Citizen. you are either with them or agaisnt them. 
  • Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    forcelima said:
    If you haven't learned yet there is no gray area with Star Citizen. you are either with them or agaisnt them. 
    Interestingly enough, that aptly describes both the pro and anti camps with this game. It's like we are watching two new cults being born in real time.
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Sir I agree with you 100%
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Axllow18 said:
    forcelima said:
    If you haven't learned yet there is no gray area with Star Citizen. you are either with them or agaisnt them. 
    Interestingly enough, that aptly describes both the pro and anti camps with this game. It's like we are watching two new cults being born in real time.
    That settles it it's time for a duel. Both groups chose a game (M&B Warband?) and meet at sundown...

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    gervaise1 said:

    ~4 years in, still in the early stages of development :)

    And?

    What does "4 years in" mean. Does it mean what you think it does? 

    Consider: how long did it take to make Wildstar? 7 years or 9 years?

    The problem was never that it SC might take a long time, but the fact that SC was "promised" to be in release stage by 2014. I think that is the point that a few of the comments I see here don't seem to get.

    Wildstar didn't say they will release at any particular date until it was about to be released.

    SC probably shouldn't have made that projection lol and say instead "it's done when it's done", because now people are holding them to it.

    The comment though wasn't "missed deadlines" it was "4 years in, still in the early stages of development".

    And my question was: what does that mean?

    For if the suggestion was that they have been 4 years coding and all they have is the alpha : wrong.  There is more to it and more to show. Which is why I mentioned Wildstar - and Destiny, Ender's Game and John Carter - to illustrate that it isn't straightforward. It isn't just about the coding.

    Now some people might suggest that 2014 wasn't promised and the "delay" is due to stretched goals. A factor maybe. From my experienceI suspect that CR simply failed to appreciate the sheer scale of the undertaking. Working in a company as creative head you will get to see some of what is involved but you will still be in a "support cocoon". From scratch ... crowd funded .... with an international element - nah.

    The "good news" is that "under estimating" the set up phase is a one-off delay. And alpha 2 could be what CR envisaged show casing in 2014. As for other estimates - the alpha is out and monthly updates have started. So we will know.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,856
    edited January 2016
    N/A
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,856
    edited January 2016

    forcelima said:
    If you haven't learned yet there is no gray area with Star Citizen. you are either with them or agaisnt them. 
    But this is also how it goes with EVERY game in development.

    You cannot be reasonable with a certain small element following each game. If you try to look at both sides, you are labeled as a hater AND simultaneously a fanboy. The second you attempt to look at something from a legitimate critical view, the fans attack you. They attack and attack, and just by trying to explain your position, they will literally force you into the "hater's corner" And at the same time, if you try to get excited about something, the haters come out and do the exact same thing. What you get is a polarization where I'd probably guess the vast majority don't feel like they fit in the group they are pegged in.

    I recall many times on this site, where the only difference between some of the wild fan boys and the hater/trolls, was the name of the game over the title of the thread.

    It was the exact same posters who tirelessly championed their cult game were also found bashing  other titles mercilessly.

    While they are pretty much all gone now, GW2 had the biggest group of offenders back in 2011 / 2012 that I can recall.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Axllow18 said:
    forcelima said:
    If you haven't learned yet there is no gray area with Star Citizen. you are either with them or agaisnt them. 
    Interestingly enough, that aptly describes both the pro and anti camps with this game. It's like we are watching two new cults being born in real time.
    BAM!

    This guy gets it. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    LOL looks like he is changing stuff again, now animals and skinning and ect ect ect. The game just keeps on going and there is no end of what it will have. B)



    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Sign In or Register to comment.