Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - The Community Hub

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said: 
    Some of the people in that photo might be dead by the time this game releases with all promised features lol
    Even for your standards that's kinda low... 
    I didn’t realize stating the truth was low. If you believe that though it does clear up a lot of what you post
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2018
    Yeah stating truths can be low yes. I know this is the internet but basic rules of decensy still aply. 

Do you go around calling obese people fat and think there's no wrong just because it's true ?

It's an easy concept to understand unless you're a proud sociopath. I guess that may be standard behaviour in goonland but in human land it's frowned upon.
    Erillionrpmcmurphy
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Star Citizen Co-Sim players

In my experience the same type of people also go to Warhammer 40K, Star Wars  and HALO events ;-)

Have fun
    Some of the people in that photo might be dead by the time this game releases with all promised features lol
    Or high cholesterol. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Babuinix said:
    Yeah stating truths can be low yes. I know this is the internet but basic rules of decensy still aply. 

Do you go around calling obese people fat and think there's no wrong just because it's true ?

It's an easy concept to understand unless you're a proud sociopath. I guess that may be standard behaviour in goonland but in human land it's frowned upon.
    You do realize I’m not a goon right? But you don’t concern yourself with truths 
    Babuinix said:

If the person asks me what I think of their weight I will tell them they are fat. 

And I know this is a hard concept for someone like you to understand but there are other things that can make someone say what’s on their mind  and not care about someone else’s feelings besides being a sociopath.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:

I'm having a real WTF moment here, to see you of all people talking about basic rules of decency when you are one of the most obnoxious people I've had the pleasure of coming across on the internet.

Talk about trotting out the victim card.
    sgelKefoFlyByKnightNorseGod
    Oh the goon/edfanboy's hate gang is all here now still holding hands from their gnosis run lol

Yeah I'm sure that shitposting for years about a game they don't like and now making joke about people dying gives you a higher ground but as for the delight you have for making my e-acquaintance it's only natural as it's mutual.

You reap what you sow and all that jazz B)
    Odeezee
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:
    I know this is the internet but basic rules of decensy still aply. 

Well that didn't last long :D
    The "lol"s are back!

..Cake..

edited October 2018
    And there you go, thanks Babs.

You talk about decency but anyone with an ounce of brain matter knows you use your perception of "haters" as justification for trying to brow-beat people who post comments and opinions you dislike, it's about as far away from decency as you can get.
    edited October 2018
    I think you'll agree that it's quite different than lol'ing about the thought of a bunch of gamers dying when you are seeing them in a photo all happy.

What would be your reaction if in the Elite thread about Frontier Expo Convention some pictures of elite fan's all happy and smiley was posted and some troll came along and mocking about how they would probably be dead before getting to use space legs and landing on atmo planets?

How would you feel about that?

We're all gamers here, we're all passionate and while opinions may clash when banter is on the loose making jokes about the death of any human beings (any being for that matter) when you have their pictures right above is kinda cringe, at least for me it is.

But like I said, maybe I don't understand goon humour.
    Babuinix said:
    I think you'll agree that it's quite different than lol'ing about the thought of a bunch of gamers dying when you are seeing them in a photo all happy.

What would be your reaction if in the Elite thread about Frontier Expo Convention some pictures of elite fan's all happy and smiley was posted and some troll came along and mocking about how they would probably be dead before getting to use space legs and landing on atmo planets?

We're all gamers here, we're all passionate and while opinions may clash when banter is on the loose making jokes about the death of any human beings (any being for that matter) when you have their pictures right above is kinda cringe, at least for me it is.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing you were somehow offended by someone making a joke about the obvious slow development of SC.

This coming from someone recently saying: "Get reckt bitter refundian scum lol"

Anyone even remotely reading your daily SC posts know how abrasive and offending you are.

But somehow you're now offended by a joke.
    Are you taking a page out of Max's playbook and playing the victim to get the person banned?

Either way you're attitude stinks of hypocrisy.

..Cake..

Babuinix said:

I’d still make the joke if it was in frontiers forums or any other game that was taking a stupid amount of time to release.

And this is lol worthy since some of the stuff you post is lightyears worse than a joke about dev time
    Babuinix said:

But that is not what is was originally about. No one was saying they hope the people in the picture die, they were saying that with the glacial speed of CIG's development it's likely some will die before the game is finished/released. It is complete tongue in cheek aimed at CIG, not a personal attack on those in the picture. This has been a meme for Star Citizen for years now, people post pictures of skeletons sitting at a PC captioned "Still waiting for SC" and so on.

I wouldn't care less if you did that, I'd argue with you about what's more important for the game and who gets to decide that, I certainly wouldn't think you were wishing people dead :)

On a serious note: If you've been unlucky enough to have lost someone recently then I can understand why this might be bothering you, in which case I would be all for people laying off the jokes.
    Make no mistake I totally get that it was a joke/meme about the game development time and not wishing people to die.

But pointing at a picture of other human beings being all happy and posting "I wonder how many of these folks will die before Star Citizen releases lol"  is just wrong.

And no, fortunately it's not because I lost someone close that I find that offensive, I just find distasteful the idea of using death of another human-being as a leverage to cheap-shot a video-game. 

Make no mistake it's not a case of being "oversensitive" as I've been in the trenches for years now dealing with the spite haters have for the Star Citizen and it's most ardent backers who keep supporting Star Citizen and are seen as part of the "problem" because they prevent the announced ELE again and again lol

I guess that after all the doxing, fake refund storys, glassdoor reviews, github charts, articles and overall wicked subterfuge tactics employed by the most extremist haters some may end up becoming desensitized to basic human decency.

Maybe they weren't expecting that OCS would bring such gain in performance and FOIP becoming such a hit with the gaming community...

Guess I was mistaking goon humour with goon grieving all this time. 
    Babuinix said:

But that is not what is was originally about. No one was saying they hope the people in the picture die, they were saying that with the glacial speed of CIG's development it's likely some will die before the game is finished/released. It is complete tongue in cheek aimed at CIG, not a personal attack on those in the picture. This has been a meme for Star Citizen for years now, people post pictures of skeletons sitting at a PC captioned "Still waiting for SC" and so on.

I wouldn't care less if you did that, I'd argue with you about what's more important for the game and who gets to decide that, I certainly wouldn't think you were wishing people dead :)

On a serious note: If you've been unlucky enough to have lost someone recently then I can understand why this might be bothering you, in which case I would be all for people laying off the jokes.
    He's just trying to build a case to get comments that he believes are negative for SC, moderated by feigning distraught to gain sympathy.

Now, while most all of us can agree, SC has nice graphics. There's more to a game than pretty screenshots and we don't need to see every...single...one of those screenshots.

What would be impressive is if they would post videos of working demos of features they keep talking about for 6+ years. <-- This is a problem for some people.

The SC propaganda spam is a little too excessive, using an infinite stream of screenshots to bump their own threads in order to keep positive SC threads on the top of the first page and drown out the negative ones.

At this point in development, I think the constant spamming of pretty pictures is being used as a distraction from what SC is lacking after 6+ years. 

And any pushback for questions or concerns is meet with nasty, emotional namecalling and copy paste links of more reading. Reading, because 98% of this game is still written on napkins - whiteboards. <-- After 6+ years, this is a problem for some people.

That's the entire misunderstanding here.

One side wants to know what has CIG has to show for 6+ years and $200M+. And they are given links to "In the future, we plan..." when they should be given links to working demos.

The other side thinks it's an attack and will say anything about the "dissenter" to discredit that "dissenter". There is no valid evidence or reason to call everyone that questions CIG a hater, Goon, liar, salt miner, armchair dev, petty, entitled, etc etc. Which goads the other side. People get banned. Threads they don't like get closed. Mission accomplished.

@Babuinux (and your two buddies) If you would pay attention, you would see that a lot of people, including myself, really want this game to release with ALL of it's features CIG said would. This isn't the case though. because your emotions are making you irrational. Unless of course, your intent is to get threads moderated.

And come on buddy, we all know why you're here. That isn't the problem. It's how you treat people. That isn't promoting CIG and SC, it's making them look bad. In fact, it's the biggest turn off about the game right now across the internet (except official forums and the sub-reddit).

One last point I would like to make is this. You are on a gaming site. Everyone here who has put in the effort to create an account, has a higher interest in games, than the average person. We go beyond interest in playing games here, we even follow investor calls and stocks, etc etc.

So, would it be logical to assume that most all of us have participated in more than a few development phases for games? Do you now understand why telling us that we "just don't know what it's like to test a game in development and should stop and wait for a finished game" is not valid or an argument? And that our concerns and "dissent" is in fact because we have participated in many development phases over 20+ years in some cases? There is no debating this. This is a fact.

If you're here to promote Lumberyard, CIG, SC or whatever, just take a moment to consider what I'm telling you. And that is, you're turning people off. You need to accept that there are people with very legit questions and concerns. You can be extremely helpful to these people by posting more than HD screenshots and links that don't say more than we already read 6+years ago. Post up some working demos. Post less excuses and more solutions. Do more of that and less attacking with namecalling and condescending.

TLDR

After 6+ years and $200M+, our questions need to be answered with in-game demos, not more links to bulletpoints. THAT is where our concern is coming from.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited October 2018
    I wouldn't say it's wrong, questionable taste depending on how someone wants to interpret it but I'm sure that most people know it's pointing at dev time as opposed to implying anything personal.

So I think you're looking to be offended, I believe the youngsters would call it being a "bleeding heart liberal, limp-wristed, soyboy loving SJW" or whatever other weird chain of words it is that get thrown around these days.

No offence man but you sound desparate dredging up all sorts of grievances, all games have their detractors, you ought to just be glad that Star Citizen is bringing happiness and entertainment to so many people :)
    sgelNorseGod
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Mostly of the time, in these SC threads, this is all I really see...
    BabuinixErillionfoxgirlOdeezee

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

I wouldn't say it's wrong, questionable taste depending on how someone wants to interpret it but I'm sure that most people know it's pointing at dev time as opposed to implying anything personal.

So I think you're looking to be offended, I believe the youngsters would call it being a "bleeding heart liberal, limp-wristed, soyboy loving SJW" or whatever other weird chain of words it is that get thrown around these days.

No offence man but you sound desparate dredging up all sorts of grievances, all games have their detractors, you ought to just be glad that Star Citizen is bringing happiness and entertainment to so many people :)
    Oh no I didn't get offended, I was just flabbergasted to see how low can people go just to cheap-shot Star Citizen development or it's backers lol
    NorseGod said:

TLDR

After 6+ years and $200M+, our questions need to be answered with in-game demos, not more links to bulletpoints. THAT is where our concern is coming from.
    I already told you that your frustration or "concerns" about development time are based on ignorance, you and many here are in AngryGamer mode. 

Instead of venting maybe try to understand the "why".  Read about other games in development from massive proven studios with a bigger budget and man-force than CIG while being not even close to the scale, scope and complexity of Star Citizen&Squadron42.

Make some effort then, read about game development cases, about how other studios work and how the development of other games goes.

You will understand that the time it's taking is nothing of the ordinary if you take into account the special context in which the Star Citizen project was born. I can understand your frustration but I cant apologize inflamed and unfounded criticism from people who know no better.

Try to go into the depths of game development, there's plenty of articles around.

This one came up recently about RedDeadRedenption (8 years development):

If possible try to read the book: Blood Sweat & Pixel (<300 pages) from Jason Schreier

I'll bet that after you read that book you'll have a easier time making peace with your "inner-citizen" lol
    Babuinix said:
    Oh no I didn't get offended, I was just flabbergasted to see how low can people go just to cheap-shot Star Citizen development or it's backers lol 
    As opposed to slagging off ED every chance you get.
    Again, blatant hypocrisy at it's finest :)
    KefoNorseGodOdeezee

..Cake..

Oh yeah look at me shitposting all over the Elite Dangerous...

That coming from a self-confessed edfanboy who feels the need to shitpost all over the StarCitizen thread....

And you wanna talk about hypocrisy...  :D
    Odeezee
    I only casually play ED these days... new update will probably make me play it a lot more though.

I've also backed SC, played it a bit, have always been openly critical of it because CIG is one of the greediest companies out there and I don't like the direction they're taking and I've also said if the game is ever fun, I'll play it more.

I don't think the word hypocrisy means what you think it means.

..Cake..

Babuinix said:

NorseGod said:

TLDR

I already told you that your frustration or "concerns" about development time are based on ignorance, you and many here are in AngryGamer mode. 

Instead of venting maybe try to understand the "why".  Read about other games in development from massive proven studios with a bigger budget and man-force than CIG while being not even close to the scale, scope and complexity of Star Citizen&Squadron42.

No. This kind of response is exactly what I and others are talking about.

This namecalling crap you constantly do. And your unfounded condescending.

I just TOLD YOU who this community is and what it's about.

Stop lecturing everybody about being ignorant on game development. This is simply not true. It's irrational to dismiss everyone as liars, trolls, and noobs to development. You're saying this to a gaming community, hello? It's BECAUSE of our experience with game development, is why we raise questions, not lack there of. Do you understand?

What you're saying is not even an argument. Certainly doesn't answer questions or concerns.

Your job would be much easier if you replied to people with acknowledgment of the problem AND a solution. No more links to excuses and bulletpoints. It's been over 6 years now. Time to post those in-game demos.

And look, you're not going to convince anybody that CIG is struggling because they only have $200m+ and 500 staff. WHO are you kidding?

You are also not going to convince anybody that things such as, doors not opening, is because the scale and scope is so complex. Bullshit.

Scope has nothing to do with CIG's problems. They follow the same Industry Standards and Best Practices as the guy who programmed the cash register at my local supermarket.

I was willing to give you a chance to be reasonable. Maybe see where the rest of us is coming from. But, you just demonstrated that you have NO INTENTION to treat the community with any respect at all and you're just here to cause drama where there is none.

You would have less damage control and fires to put out if you would just be cool to the community and offer solutions instead of insults and excuses.

The absolute terrifying part of all of this is, SC has been in development for over 6 years with no end in sight. And the community has to put up with you for that remaining time (6 more years? 10?).

Nothing you say, when you engage the community, has been constructive or adds value. Maybe you should stick with spamming HD screenshot thread. Because at this point in development, that's all you have to offer, pretty graphics.

I wish I could just laugh at you, but your attacks on the community is turning people off about Star Citizen and I wish you would stop. It's not just here either, it's across the internet.
    Sure if you wanna stay salty and bitter post it's your call, Just dont expect any sympathy lol

Star Citizen development will continue just fine and making millions along the way...
    Odeezee
    Babuinix said:
    Sure if you wanna stay salty and bitter post it's your call, Just dont expect any sympathy lol

Star Citizen development will continue just fine and making millions along the way...
    I tried guys. I really tried to be reasonable.
    BabuinixOdeezee
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    spankybus said:

Mostly of the time, in these SC threads, this is all I really see...
    What's not to like?

\o/

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance