Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about the f2p subscription

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
I read that among other benefits, those who pay get 25% more gold than those who play the f2p version.

My question is: If we consider the regular income as 100%, which one is true:
1) The subscribers gain 125% and those f2p people 100%. That means that the f2p people play the game as designed (and are pretty happy with that), and those who pay get an additional 25%, so they have to farm less and can spend more (and are happy too). 
2) The subscribers gain 100% of the gold, so they play the game as designed (and are happy), whereas the f2p people gain 80% of the gold (and have to spend more time farming to get the gold they need). 

Both correct is a situation in which the subscribers get 125% of what the f2p people get. According to their website, it seems that 1) is true. But I'm a bit mistrusting in this matter. For those who own the game, 2) would be much better, because if everybody is happy, nobody feels inclined to subscribe. But if one group is unhappy (for having to farm much more than the game was originally designed), then they are more likely to pay.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    im kinda lost here are you saying that if you dont pony up anymore cash you should get the same perks as someone who agrees to give them 15 bucks a month?
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    no what he is asking is if gold is cut down 25% of what it is now for F2P, or if subs get 25% extra of what is rewarded currently. 
    For example say a mob drops 10g right now.  When the game goes F2P will that mob drop 7.5g for non-subs and 10g for subs or will it drop 10g for F2Pers or 12.5g for subbers
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    jitter77 said:
    no what he is asking is if gold is cut down 25% of what it is now for F2P, or if subs get 25% extra of what is rewarded currently. 
    For example say a mob drops 10g right now.  When the game goes F2P will that mob drop 7.5g for non-subs and 10g for subs or will it drop 10g for F2Pers or 12.5g for subbers
    Thanks. English is not my first language, sometimes I might get confused. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• theDukeytheDukey Member UncommonPosts: 102
    maji said:
    I read that among other benefits, those who pay get 25% more gold than those who play the f2p version.

1) The subscribers gain 125% and those f2p people 100%. That means that the f2p people play the game as designed (and are pretty happy with that), and those who pay get an additional 25%, so they have to farm less and can spend more (and are happy too). 
    2) The subscribers gain 100% of the gold, so they play the game as designed (and are happy), whereas the f2p people gain 80% of the gold (and have to spend more time farming to get the gold they need). 

Both correct is a situation in which the subscribers get 125% of what the f2p people get. According to their website, it seems that 1) is true. But I'm a bit mistrusting in this matter. For those who own the game, 2) would be much better, because if everybody is happy, nobody feels inclined to subscribe. But if one group is unhappy (for having to farm much more than the game was originally designed), then they are more likely to pay.

I think this was asked on Reddit, and basically described as, f2p players will basically get the same currency/xp rates as the live game gives, but signature service (subbed) players, will get bonus.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    maji said:

Trying to accomplish the 2nd option will require them to rewrite all the quest, mob, dungeon, raid, pvp etc gold drop number, that is a huge waste of resource and man hour, so they will go 1st option, as @theDukey has said above, they have already explained it on reddit.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.