Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth coming back to?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
has anything improved in the game since launch?

I remember how bad it was with people needing to make Lines for quest items...

Will the server merges and fresh servers help the community at all?

Im just worried il reinvest my time for something that ends up going down the drain

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    bring credit card and game is awsome

• cburbacburba Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I looked at going back a couple of times I just cant get over the land issues. I even have some friends who would give me a couple of plots of land to help me get going again, but then i think of a someone who wanted to start playing and how hard it would be to get a fair start. It is hard to want to support a game that makes it hard for new players. Now as I wrote this post I did remember about the farm land that you can use if you don't own any other land. I have a few other issues besides the whole Land issue. I can not pinpoint any one thing but I did enjoy the russian version so much more. 
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    edited September 2015
    Im going to give my personal advice, its only my personal advice and speculation about whats might going to hapened:

The game have improved alot since lunch.

If you want to come back you have 2 scenarios imo:
    - Wait for the new server and join, is a new fresh server, it will have land rush, quests rush, players will do everthing to reach high as fast as possible, alot of veterans will be there, might not be haven in 1st days.
    - Join a server that will be not merged, where the community is allready stable, prices are balance, easy to find a guild that fits your playstyle. You wont have land (if u want land) but its easy to buy some between 300 to 1k gold, not a big deal nowdays.

Then about payment model:
    1 time payment:
    The best option is pay a monthly fee for the 1st month, it gives you a huge help to lvl up and make gold if you want to play for free the rest of the time. Ofc, if you keep the monthly fee its even better, but its up to you.
    If you play on EU, create a char in NA and log everday to recive 5 loyalty tokens, every 10 days you get around 250g only doing that, 750g per month only logg in in the other region and you can buy a APEX there, and ofc if you have patience you can spend the labor there and make more money, the easiest way for a lvl 1 is mining.
    Labor is independent between both regions but the credits is shared, so even you playing in one region you make gold easy on the other and convert to credits and use them on your main char.

Later, when your "life" is organized in AA you will start to lack of labor, patrons get 2880 per day, its time to make a 2nd account, then you will have 5760 labor per day to spend, and bealive me is enouph to pay the 2nd account without spend any real money. As a more casual player i am, i pay 1 acc with monthly fee and the other with APEX. Theres people with more accounts but thats allreay to much for me  :)

If you are a Credit card user:
    Please dont use it now, most that put 200, 500 euros/dollars there only end in frustation, its more p2lose then p2win, play 1st the game been patron only, learn the tricks, join some guild, make alot of tests, work on your gear in a normal way, allready meet some people that quit the game after put 500 bucks only to check that they couldnt win even this way, and they were having fun befor. Just my advice.

ArcheAge is full of trick, we need to learn it and the best way if join a community and take part of it, veterans will guide you, theres plenty of guilds recruit new players cause of this evolution servers.

Hope it helps some way  =)
  • imahayheadimahayhead Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Last time I checked on the game, it was dead and people finally realized only whales and hackers benefit in this game. Land is available anywhere now but you have to sub for that and hackers are still rampant. It is a sinking ship and your money is best spent elsewhere.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Jabas said:
    <...>
     its more p2lose then p2win, play 1st the game been patron only, learn the tricks, join some guild, make alot of tests, work on your gear in a normal way, allready meet some people that quit the game after put 500 bucks only to check that they couldnt win even this way, and they were having fun befor. Just my advice.
    <..>
    Kudos !

For all those losers who think and believe the "p2w" Archeage meme. ending up beaten and poor  :pleased:

Smart guys follow Jabas advice ;)  and learn to play.

So do i and play since launch with nothing else invested then my monthly sub.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

if you p2w, it averages out to about 50 in-game gold for every dollar you spend in cash shop or on apex. $500 would net you 25k gold. Enough to buy about 4-5 pieces of really good gear. You have about 15-16 slots of gear to fill. You do actually need to play this game to get gear. 

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    has anything improved in the game since launch?

I remember how bad it was with people needing to make Lines for quest items...

Will the server merges and fresh servers help the community at all?

Im just worried il reinvest my time for something that ends up going down the drain
    it is not a good time to return with the merges happening people will lose their land and there will be a forced land grab. So if you do return good luck if your a subscriber. 

• UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Never ever touch this game ever.

Something Awful this way comes.

• BajsN3rdBajsN3rd Member UncommonPosts: 41
    DMKano said:
    Last time I checked on the game, it was dead and people finally realized only whales and hackers benefit in this game. Land is available anywhere now but you have to sub for that and hackers are still rampant. It is a sinking ship and your money is best spent elsewhere.

100% false on my server - zero land available. Hackers rampant - where?

What server are you talking about here?  Populated servers are 100% land locked. 

They decreased the server capacity since long time ago and I would guess that they have continued to do such as people leave.

The land part may be true, but hackers will always rampage AA.
    And still, p2w.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    If you are looking for land ingame, good luck.  You might find a good guild who gives you a plot or shares some with you but thats about it.  Most people own several plots now.

If you hate the zerg and are looking for some good fights you might want to look elsewhere.  The biggest group usually wins and the game is very gear focused with whales and high performing guilds dominating in pvp.

Ship stuff is much improved and you wont find people using gliders and following you for several miles anymore. 

Labor points improved for subbers but with no land available, whats the point?

The core issues with the game still exist but there have been improvements in some areas like ship combat and labor points. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Great time to start on saterday. 2 new servers opening.
  • Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    The short answer is "no".

With the merger that will be done here on Saturday 9/12/15, and with what is being 'given' to the current player base in the form of compensation packages, all of the player base that is affected by the merger there is a lot of nerd rage going on right now on the AA forums. 

I personally do not see this game title making it to the 2nd anniversary, and if it does by some way make it's way to the 2nd anniversary, the game as a whole is way beyond salvage at this point.

If you are still wanting to play this title, then play it as f2p and don't sink any RL $$$ into this title.  I don't think that it is worth the time sink.

Play at your own risk....

-Slider7

Looking for that next MMO

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited September 2015
    I found land in 5 minutes on medium-low pop serv a week or so ago.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    AS @churba mentioned some good points but only you can decide that  and  the server merges and new servers have been added now we are just waiting on the game to open up today  

cburba said:
    I looked at going back a couple of times I just cant get over the land issues. I even have some friends who would give me a couple of plots of land to help me get going again, but then i think of a someone who wanted to start playing and how hard it would be to get a fair start. It is hard to want to support a game that makes it hard for new players. Now as I wrote this post I did remember about the farm land that you can use if you don't own any other land. I have a few other issues besides the whole Land issue. I can not pinpoint any one thing but I did enjoy the russian version so much more.