Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF new game

ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39
       Looking for a new game to play , specifically looking for a game with a pet class that uses elementals or golems or some such mechanic , something akin to magician in EQ 1 , any suggestions ?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Everquest 2 Conjuror class
  • ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Guess i should have listed the ones ive already played .

So ive already played EQ 1 , EQ2 , WoW , FFXI & XIV , GW/GW2 , Rift , Anarchy Online .

I'm looking for a class that relies on they're pet for most of they're survivability .
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited September 2015
    ashe59 said:

I'm looking for a class that relies on they're pet for most of they're survivability .
    If you're willing to widen "pet" a bit more, STO is not on your played list, and in there your crew is basically your build, they give more than half of your skills in space, and they're your team on the ground. Crew management, gearing and leveling them up is a big part of the game... and the starter experience was nicely re-honed lately, plus a new Season is here, usually that's a good time to jump in.

In a more original sense of "pet", AoC also not on the played list, Necromancer on the Reanimation tree is a great candidate, without his/her pet army s/he's dead - but I think being dead is not a bad state for a necro :wink: (the other tree can use the pets, but that's more likely self-dependent, like a dark-magic caster with some pets on the side. Reanim is the pet necro you seek, most of his dps and also some buffs are from the pets)
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606
    I will tell you that the ULTIMATE pet class is in the game Champion's Online, that lets you make your class basically. I don't know if you can still do this or not, but I had a "summoner" build that could have 11 active "permanent" pets at once that followed you around and fought. It was like being a 1-man raid team. Of course the downside to this build was that I could only have a single offensive ability to use myself.

If only the rest of that game wasn't crap, it sure had amazing class choices.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited September 2015
    Damn... and I'm playing CO right now for the anniversary O.o (but it's only in my second-line games, opposed to STO or AoC, maybe that's why)
    What Kazuhiro said, CO has truckloads of pets. Personally never played a pet-reliant class myself, so can't say much, but even if you have a non-pet build you still can use "passive" summoned pets, like sigils to heal you, etc. And you barely can go into an Alert without someone in the team bringing a few dinos or robots for the extra dps...
    (not to mention the hordes of cosmetic pets and action figures)

edit: just checked, no real pet-user among the free Archetypes, so you won't have the "class that relies on they're pet for most of they're survivability" as a free player apparently. Still can use pets, just not as the main mechanic of your character.

Post edited by Po_gg on
  • Fractal_AnalogyFractal_Analogy Member UncommonPosts: 350
    ashe59 said:
           Looking for a new game to play , specifically looking for a game with a pet class that uses elementals or golems or some such mechanic , something akin to magician in EQ 1 , any suggestions ?

Try logging on the the brand new EQ progression servers (Kunark isn't even out yet for them) and replay old EQ pet class until one of the newer Baby Bells are released in 2017+.

Or join alpha of something like Shroud of the Avatar.
  • stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Hellgate is an mmo set in a sort of post apocalyptic london, I tried it for a bit, Its actually quite good, If I wasn't hooked on Defiance and Fortnite Id probably get back into it. Well anyway in hellgate it has a summoner class a bit like necromancer in gw/gw2 but you control demons, it also has a class like it where you control robot minions I think and another class thats like a mage where you control elements, you should check it out.

Heres a gameplay video of the summoner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoBzjp6OdSc