Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO hits 1000 simultaneous accounts logged in

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
http://steamcharts.com/app/287920

Will be interesting to check back in a few weeks to see retention.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Unsurprisingly, their shitty server can't even handle that - I can't login. 
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Server is getting much more stable, but I never understood why a game in 2015 have so much problem handling 2000 players at once...
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    This game is crap imho.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    If everything I read is true, their code isn't very efficient.  Also, since the game has been so underpopulated, I imagine that they haven't spent their effort in fixing those deficiencies and using effort elsewhere.  They will have to correct that if they are to move forward I think.

I self identify as a monkey.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    It is already a lot more stable than it was last week. The devs are constantly making changes to enhance server stability and fix the login issues and it is getting better. The steam player counts just keep going up during peak times too. Good sign for the game!
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Anubisan said:
    It is already a lot more stable than it was last week. The devs are constantly making changes to enhance server stability and fix the login issues and it is getting better. The steam player counts just keep going up during peak times too. Good sign for the game!
    Not really, according to steam charts it been around same peak all the time: http://steamcharts.com/app/287920

And honestly, the game been out for six freaking years and the server still was not prepared?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I don't understand why old school hardcore mmo players don't seem to get into this game. It seems to have all the elements I see on peoples wish lists here- sandbox, harsh death penalties, deep crafting/customization, meaningful world, best played in groups, etc. 
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    YashaX said:
    I don't understand why old school hardcore mmo players don't seem to get into this game. It seems to have all the elements I see on peoples wish lists here- sandbox, harsh death penalties, deep crafting/customization, meaningful world, best played in groups, etc. 
    Because the combat system in mo is a mess.. animations are way of.. glunky ass combat..

I think MO is a good game tho.. lots of sandbox features.. but the game simply dont feel right in the combat department..
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    YashaX said:
    Yet people keep saying it is a niche not being catered to. Although I enjoy the typical theme park MMO it does not mean I enjoy every game that has them. So it would probably be the same for others and their preference of Open World PVP Sandbox games.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    YashaX said:

Because it's a 5 year old bad game?  Simply read the forums for this game and you will see hundreds of legitimate reasons.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:

Because it's a 5 year old bad game?  Simply read the forums for this game and you will see hundreds of legitimate reasons.
    Yeah it looks really good in theory, but the reviews are generally pretty harsh.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    YashaX said:
    YashaX said:
    Yeah it looks really good in theory, but the reviews are generally pretty harsh.
    Inexperienced devs is a huge part of the problem. Of course it is hard to learn unless you do it but they really should have hired in someone who had worked more with MMOs. Wouldn't have been impossible to get a Norweigan who worked at FunCom or something. Yeah, FC doesn't really make the same kind of MMOs but the experience is still very helpful.

Of course some people who state that they want hardcore games tend to be less than hardcore when they actually get what they ask for...
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited September 2015
    1k logins? So what?

A certain not really to be mentioned EMU for a game ending in "galaxies" can run with over 2k concurrent users and is still in "development" by "amateur" devs,  and has been able to handle that many people for years. It can handle up to 3k, and it is not even "finished" yet.

And they are not charging money for that, and it works 10x better than MO ever has.

MO has had 1k concurrent logins for the first time after running for 6 YEARS. That should tell you all you need to know about this POS that still charges a sub fee (unless you want to play with crippled stats).

This game is a joke and so are the people running it.
    Nilden
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    YashaX said:
    Same reason as Darkfall. Bad dev teams incapable of updating and fixing their own game properly paired with lots of promises that go unfulfilled and bad decisions.
  • MeowingtonMeowington Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited September 2015
    Anubisan said:

Thats not true, the server population decrease alot already since the 2nd steam release week.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    edited September 2015

What was the reason for the spike? New update?

EDIT: Looking at the steam charts, it looks like it's been up in that range for a while. Not bad!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    FFA PvP will always murder your game.  That's why "old school" players don't really get into any of these titles. 

When this latest gimmicky round of PvP offerings finally peters out, we may get people sitting down and saying, ok what can we do to take things to the next level.  In the meantime we get this fantasy belief that PvP can fix a game's population.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    edited September 2015
    Loktofeit said:

What was the reason for the spike? New update?

EDIT: Looking at the steam charts, it looks like it's been up in that range for a while. Not bad!

No spike.  That was the steam release.   They have been pretty steady with a peak of 1-1.2k each week.
    Around now the free trials should be realizing their characters are forever gimped. So over the next few weeks we will see if it drops or maintains.
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm surprised.  This looks like everything PvP'ers have been asking for.  Open PvP. Take all their stuff.  Sandbox.  Subscription.  No hand holding.  No such thing as the perfect game but it sounds like most of what hardcore players want.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I'm surprised.  This looks like everything PvP'ers have been asking for.  Open PvP. Take all their stuff.  Sandbox.  Subscription.  No hand holding.  No such thing as the perfect game but it sounds like most of what hardcore players want.
    Except that it is broken as all hell, and is run by a corrupt company who allow player GMs to help their friends/guilds.

Not things you want in a FFA PvP game, or any game for that matter. Not excusable.

Great game on paper, one of the absolute worst games ever "delivered" in reality.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    LOL hardly a commendable milestone for a game with this budget and amount of time on the market. Hell RPG MO, some little pixel grinding mmo, had 1500+ 2 weeks after launch and consistently keeps easily 600-800 people online at all times.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited September 2015
    Burntvet said:
    Except that it is broken as all hell, and is run by a corrupt company who allow player GMs to help their friends/guilds.

Not things you want in a FFA PvP game, or any game for that matter. Not excusable.

Great game on paper, one of the absolute worst games ever "delivered" in reality.

The only consistency with OW FFA PvPers in OW FFA PvP games is the excuses as to why all of them fail.  There is no such animal as a good OW FFA PvP game.  It's not the game that fails because as you have so eloquently stated many of them offer exactly what these hardcore OW FFA PvPers want on paper.  The obvious cause of their failure is the inherently flawed foundational game play mechanic and the toxic communities they ultimately breed.  
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    Burntvet said:

The only consistency with OW FFA PvPers in OW FFA PvP games is the excuses as to why all of them fail.  There is no such animal as a good OW FFA PvP game.  It's not the game that fails because as you have so eloquently stated many of them offer exactly what these hardcore OW FFA PvPers want on paper.  The obvious cause of their failure is the inherently flawed foundational game play mechanic and the toxic communities they ultimately breed.  
    The toxic community does have something to do with it, but this game wouldn't of failed if it wasn't bug infested, gm corruption ext. It was easy to avoid pvp, if you didn't want to do it;minus the bugs, the crafting, and animal taming/breeding were some of the best. I quit because I got sick of bugs. I fell through the world, more times then i care to remember, as I was almost getting a good horse. The last straw was some guy exploited some bug, and threw me off my horse, like 1000 feet, and i smacked a wall and died, as they were tanking all the guards in the city........... 

The community was one of the straws though, they are all literally insane, or the large majority. I joined a one of the major guilds there, they literally wanted me to sit in their team speak all day, and listen to them cry and moan, about their personal days, and problems in life. I could understand being in team speak if we were doing something, but the 2 days I was in their guild, all they did was bitch and moan, then they told me I had to talk to them or I would get kicked out. I told them what i said here, I am not going to sit here and listen to you bitch and moan all day......

The guild was imperial dreams, and they remind me of a seriously dysfunctional alcoholic family, of retards. Then you got the random person, who thinks it fun to run around seeing how many people he can upset in a hour. If hard core in the MMO, guild world means, psychopathic, egotistical, elitist, scum bags, then you people who fit that have fun lol. When you sit around and wounder why no one likes you, and your games fail one after another, you only got your self to blame there. Each to their own though. 

If you want to sit there, and listen to some insane person who thinks the game has more meaning than life it self, and take orders like your in the military, more insanity to ya. 
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    YashaX said:
    Mainly because people dont usually give MMOS a chance if they have a bad launch.. some people played it beta ended up in the sausage lake or whatever it was called and never went back.

I have tried on numerous occasions to get my clan to play it but they always come back about how its full of naked men eating eaach other and so on..

Its hard for an MMO that has had a bad launch and other bad rep to dig themselves out of the pit no matter how hard they try and no matter how much they improve the game..

As for the numbers on steam.. that is steam numbers only other people play with the standard client as well i am sure.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

That might be your opinion i happen to like OW FFA PVP games more than any other type of game.. certainly when it comes to MMORPGS standard themeparks make me go to sleep.

Yes OW FFA PVP will never be as popular as themepark MMOS but that does not make them a failure. thats like saying a Seafood pizza is a failure because more people like a standard cheese pizza..