Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imperial City Patch: Do you like it?

2»

Comments

• Good_ApolloGood_Apollo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    ESO's PvP is some of the best on the market right now. It filled the void perfectly after I quit Darkfall and made me think back to DAoC in many positive ways. Before I played Darkfall, I was a PvE player in MMO's who used to hate PvP (still strongly dislike instanced / arena based PvP). Now that I've learned how to approach PvP, I couldn't play a PvE only game anymore - the "threat" of danger in PvP areas makes the gameplay more rewarding.

All of you complaining about the blending of PvP / PvE, why don't you give it a shot before you condemn it? Why is it such a problem if you die a couple times to another player? People have this mentality that THEY CAN NOT EVER NEVER NEVER EVER be inconvenienced by another player in an MMO, but I'd argue the threat of encountering enemy players while pursuing PvE objectives makes the game more thrilling. Give it a try.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited September 2015
    Had a lot of fun running with a group of guildies that ranged from 6 to 10 of us. We managed to hold our own against a zerg by sticking together and using mobs. We kept all our TV stones! Then we went back to our gates outside of our base where there were some gankers and killed them and took their stones. Then went above ground. Seems like in the city districts there are more lone pve players and solo or small groups of gankers. The zergs seem to be running in the sewers.

It was pretty fun all in all.

Edit: But the increased loading times suck. Also, I don't much like the falling through the world to your death that sometimes happens on login.
    Post edited by d_20 on

• BossOfThisGymBossOfThisGym Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Not a fan of it but it's ok.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    i don't see it as tricks to get people to play pvp by putting pve in cyrodiil, i see it as a great way to make the pvp area feel more like a true open pvp zone.

fighting over pve content in a pvp zone is some of the most fun pvp i have ever encountered in an mmo. hopefully, for the people that don't like pvp, there will be content in the future that isn't in cyrodiil.

but to be honest, there is already way more content for pve than pvp anyways.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    DMKano said:
    bcbully said:
    DMKano said:
    Not much difference that I can tell but then again I only play Cyrodil and won't get the DLC, since it's primarily PvE content.

You are the first and only person that would say the Imperial City is a pve DLC. Do you mind explaining why you think this?

to the OP, yeah I'm enjoying myself.

Because masses go there to earn gear via PvE - the attraction is PvE first and foremost. 

If anything has any attraction to a pure PvE player it is PvE focused.

Now PvP happens there as a secondary focus but without PvE appeal only PvP players would go there. 

This is not the case - so my conclusion is that it's PvE focused expansion, just like Darkness Falls was in DAOC - pve was the bait for masses, PvP happened because people went to PvE.

yep and that makes for a great open pvp experience IMO
  • TreadworthyTreadworthy Member UncommonPosts: 56
    baphamet said:
    i don't see it as tricks to get people to play pvp by putting pve in cyrodiil, i see it as a great way to make the pvp area feel more like a true open pvp zone.

fighting over pve content in a pvp zone is some of the most fun pvp i have ever encountered in an mmo. hopefully, for the people that don't like pvp, there will be content in the future that isn't in cyrodiil.

but to be honest, there is already way more content for pve than pvp anyways.

I would agree with this.  Will be interesting to see what DLC content will be released each quarter concerning a PVP to PVE ratio.  I happen to enjoy both so I feel lucky either way :)
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    DMKano said:
    bcbully said:
    DMKano said:
    Not much difference that I can tell but then again I only play Cyrodil and won't get the DLC, since it's primarily PvE content.

You are the first and only person that would say the Imperial City is a pve DLC. Do you mind explaining why you think this?

to the OP, yeah I'm enjoying myself.

Because masses go there to earn gear via PvE - the attraction is PvE first and foremost. 

If anything has any attraction to a pure PvE player it is PvE focused.

Now PvP happens there as a secondary focus but without PvE appeal only PvP players would go there. 

This is not the case - so my conclusion is that it's PvE focused expansion, just like Darkness Falls was in DAOC - pve was the bait for masses, PvP happened because people went to PvE.

From what I have seen and from people I have talked to, PvEr's are not going into IP, as a matter of fact PvEr's are rather upset that its PvP focused, some are quitting the game out right in protest, some like my roomate just wont go there, same as Cyrodiil, he wont go there.  I'm not aware of PvEr's going to IP for PvE.  But I'm very aware of PvPr;s going to IP for PvP .  If your trying to say that Cyrodill is all  PvP then I don't see how, there are PvE resources there, there are PvE mobs there, there are PvE dungeons there, you just choose to ignore that content.  Cyrodiil is not some Wow arena where you queue and everything that takes place there is Player verses Player, there are tons of PvE activities in Cyrodiil, and now IP as well, in IP they are just more in your face because of the confined space.  But okay if that's how you and some people see it then pass on it.